Windows 10: To continue, type an administrator password UAC error on Windows 10

Discus and support To continue, type an administrator password UAC error on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In today’s post, we will attempt to resolve the UAC (User Access Control) error message prompt – Do you want the following program to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 21, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

To continue, type an administrator password UAC error on Windows 10

WinClub, Dec 21, 2019

2. Any way to enable an admin password for UAC in windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button.
    • Then type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings.

• Do one of the following:
    • To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off.
    • To turn on UAC, move the slider to choose when you want to be notified, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Dec 21, 2019
  3. Unable to disable UAC error: To continue type an administrator password and then click yes, but there is nowhere to type a password and yes is disabled.

To continue type an administrator password and then click yes, but there is nowhere to type a password and yes is disabled.

I am using windows 10. And I am facing this problem last few days. I can't do anything for that.

I would like to disable UAC and do various other things, but I can't.
    Do you want the following program to make changes to this computer?
    User Account Control Settings (or almost anything from control panel)

To continue type an administrator password and then click yes. but yes button is disabled and there is nowhere to type password.

what should I do now??

Alif Emran, Dec 21, 2019
  4. To continue, type an administrator password UAC error on Windows 10

Unable to disable UAC error: To continue type an administrator password and then click yes, but there is nowhere to type a password and yes is disabled.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

1. When exactly did you receive this error?

2. Did you make any changes to the computer?

3. Did you log in to your administrator account?

4. Did you install any third party security application?

I suggest you to check if you have the administrator privilege.

1. Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.

2. Type netplwiz and click on Ok.

3. Check if the account has administrator permissions.

Also try the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I Suggest you to follow the below steps.

1. Type UAC or User Account Control on the search bar.

2. From UAC window, I suggest you to bring down the level to default and check if it helps.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

To continue, type an administrator password UAC error on Windows 10

1. To continue, type an administrator password UAC error on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - continue type administrator

2. "To continue, type an administrator password, then click Yes" UAC error in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "To continue, type an administrator password, then click Yes" UAC error in Windows 10: Foreword.Some time ago I did something wrong with UAC settings and it was synced to Microsoft account. I tried to find a solution to wipe out this stuff, but it looks like, in my case, it is not working for unknown reason. I have an "To continue, type an administrator...
  3. "To continue, type an administrator password, then click Yes" UAC error in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    "To continue, type an administrator password, then click Yes" UAC error in Windows 10: Foreword.Some time ago I did something wrong with UAC settings and it was synced to Microsoft account. I tried to find a solution to wipe out this stuff, but it looks like, in my case, it is not working for unknown reason. I have an "To continue, type an administrator...
  4. "To continue, type an administrator password, then click Yes" UAC error in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. to continue type administrator password.

to continue type administrator password.: hey my pc got these problems: the error"Access is denied" for administrator I can't restart on safe mode I can't log in as an administrator I can't boot the windows and at the end "to continue type administrator password." what should I do? should I replace my windows?...
  6. Remotely type administrator password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remotely type administrator password?: So I work from home, and I have Microsoft Screen Time running on my son's windows 10 pc. He is using a standard user account, and does not know the admin password to the computer. He often needs to install programs or files for school, and every time he does, I need to go...
  7. UAC / Built-in administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC / Built-in administrator: Hi, (1) when I try to uninstall a program using control panel, UAC show 'to continue, enter an admin user name and password'. Where can I input the user name and password? (2) My login account is user. It seems that there is no active account with administrative privileges....
  8. Administrator forgot password, disable UAC

Administrator forgot password, disable UAC: So the administrator to my desktop forgot their password, and I am unable to login to their account to change anything. User Account Control has made it virtually impossible to do anything, and without the administrator password, I am unable to disable it. The administrator...
  9. To continue, type an administrator password, then click Yes"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    To continue, type an administrator password, then click Yes": I am trying to change the admin settings on my windows 10 as it won't allow me to save certain files. I found several articles and followed prompts but when I try to edit to change the admin access, I am given the aforementioned prompt. There is nowhere to type the password...
  10. Administrator password forgot,UAC problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator password forgot,UAC problem: So,i had windows 7 and i had an admin account there with a password that i forgot.I've installed windows 10 and my administrator account was working but a few weeks ago i've logged in with local account cause with administrator didn't let me to install spotify,so i was...