Windows 10: To disable "An app default was reset" pop up window

Discus and support To disable "An app default was reset" pop up window in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a scenario where I need to disable "An app default was set to reset" window which is happening from .png,.jpeg,jpg and from IE browser. How can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hiddenworld, Sep 9, 2019.

1. To disable "An app default was reset" pop up window

I have a scenario where I need to disable "An app default was set to reset" window which is happening from .png,.jpeg,jpg and from IE browser. How can we suppress this window to all the users in powershell using modifying HKCU registry?

:)

Hiddenworld, Sep 9, 2019
  2. John Fer Win User

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update - Smart selection in Edge

Thank you for the quick response. We suggest resetting your Microsoft edge. This will reset all your default app to its default settings including Microsoft Edge. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Type in Settings in Cortana search box.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Apps.
    • Select Default apps on the left pane of the window.
    • Click on Reset located on the Default apps list.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

John Fer, Sep 9, 2019
  3. How to reset Windows 10 settings to default?

Hi,

As per your concern, some settings on Windows 10 have default options. You can reset Windows 10 to its defaults app by following this steps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • On the left side, select Default app.

To disable "An app default was reset" pop up window ea3e6a93-7042-4c55-9b4e-a912780c3b97.png

• Under Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults, click Reset.
    Regarding your concern with default button on each setting, you have a great idea. We suggest that you share your comments on our Windows Feedback hub for us to improve our services. Simply type
    Windows Feedback on the Start menu.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Isha Soni Win User

To disable "An app default was reset" pop up window

pop up window

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

Step 1:

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to set as default app.

• In the search box, type “settings”.
    • Click on “system” and on the left hand corner click on
      “default apps”.
    • Under “choose default apps” click on the “+” symbol and you can
      add the apps.

Step 2:

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if the issue persists:

• Press Windows key +R.

• Type inetcpl.cpl and hit Enter.

• Click on Programs Tab and click
      Set Programs
      under Internet Programs.

• Click on Select Associate a File type or protocol with a program.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

To disable "An app default was reset" pop up window

1. To disable "An app default was reset" pop up window - Similar Threads - disable app default

2. taskbar pop up disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar pop up disabled: hello , i would like to ask help for my taskbar being locked , when i hover over an already opened app , it is not showing any pop op to take a peek into the app, i faced this issue recently and dont know what to do , please help...
  3. To disable this pop up.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    To disable this pop up.: [ATTACH] Dont know where to put this in what category ... a Malware ? I want to get rid of it , it always pop out when ever i started my lap top. very annoying ... Thanks in anticipation .....
  4. Disabling Pop Ups

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling Pop Ups: I have new PC running Windows 10 and I have been trying everything to disable the pop ups. I thought it was the browser at first (Chrome) and went through that first. Then I did Edge, etc. But I still believe it's a Windows problems. Went through the standard Settings-File...
  5. To disable "An app default was reset" pop up window

in Windows 10 Support
    To disable "An app default was reset" pop up window: I have a scenario where I need to disable "An app default was set to reset" window which is happening from .png,.jpeg,jpg and from IE browser. How can we suppress this window to all the users ? 140158
  6. disable pop up blocker for one app

disable pop up blocker for one app: how do I disable pop up blocker on one program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-pop-up-blocker-for-one-app/4a90d16c-482e-46cc-8dca-436c679f3677
  7. "An App Default was Reset"

"An App Default was Reset": I would like to prevent Win10 from resetting my default apps for a given file extension. Either the chance to approve any changes to my default apps, such as we had in previous Windows versions, or to find the app reset "feature" and break it beyond repair disable it...
  8. Disabling Windows firewall pop ups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disabling Windows firewall pop ups: I am not quite certain what changed between my previous install of Windows 10 and my current one but my current one has these constant Windows Firewall pop-ups asking me with every application if I want to allow it which is rather annoying. This didn't use to happen earlier...
  9. App defaults resetting

App defaults resetting: How can I lock my defaults and prohibit Windows 10 from resetting them? Why isn't there a simple checkbox to lock defaults? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/app-defaults-resetting/77707996-8b34-444a-9c68-678d2dfebe69
  10. Disable MSN.Com Pop-Up

in Browsers and Email
    Disable MSN.Com Pop-Up: I hope this is the correct section to post this, here is my issue. I receive a pop-up / dialog [see attach] when my modem is off or goes off, the dialog asks which browser / program do I want to use to open with. If a browser is selected, it takes me to the msn-com homepage....