Windows 10: To do list before reinstalling

Discus and support To do list before reinstalling in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tend to reinstall my laptop every year or so, to keep it from running full with unwanted junk. This time i also want to exchange the Hard drive, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shinjigami, Feb 13, 2020.

1. To do list before reinstalling

I tend to reinstall my laptop every year or so, to keep it from running full with unwanted junk.

This time i also want to exchange the Hard drive, so a fresh installation is the best solution

The last time (which was the first time reinstalling windows 10) i had a bit of trouble doing all that. So i would like to work out a list of things to do, before i reinstall and how to do so.

I use one smaller drive for the OS and all system related software (as well as user documents and files) and another drive, for all the games like steam and the epic store launcher.

- Okay, first of, saving my own documents and such on an external drive, so i can put them back, once i reinstalled windows. Would you recommend a tool (like windows backup or such)?

- The last time i installed Windows 10 and tried to reinstall Office 2019 just entering my CD-key resulted in an error message that the key already has been used (yeah, i did in the very first installation) So i had to get the registry entry of an activated office from an backup i made beforehand. So i would like to make that step (getting all used keys / activations) beforehand. What can you suggest? For Microsoft products as well as others.

- How would one go about easily export and import email settings as well as emails as well?

- Same goes for Browser Settings (Brave browser)

What else would you recommend to back up or can recommend as tools to do so?

-Given that my notebook (Clevo P177SM-A) is a bit older, i was able to find drivers on the net, yet not quiet which would exactly would be needed, would you know of any software that can a) install al drivers automatically or b) can filter out all the need drivers and can be injected into the Windows installation?

What else would you do as after installation work (besides deactivating cortana and filtering out unwanted software?)

Thank you very much for your help

submitted by /u/Shinjigami
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shinjigami, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 13, 2020
  4. To do list before reinstalling

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

To do list before reinstalling

1. To do list before reinstalling - Similar Threads - list before reinstalling

2. Windows broken? Last things to do before reinstalling Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows broken? Last things to do before reinstalling Windows: Hello,I can't access the Windows Menu. When I try to open the Windows-Menu in any way, nothing happens.The same goes for the Windows settings. I tried to get to them through the symbols on the right side of the Taskbar, or through the Taskbar-settings, but nothing.When trying...
  3. Windows broken? Last things to do before reinstalling Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows broken? Last things to do before reinstalling Windows: Hello,I can't access the Windows Menu. When I try to open the Windows-Menu in any way, nothing happens.The same goes for the Windows settings. I tried to get to them through the symbols on the right side of the Taskbar, or through the Taskbar-settings, but nothing.When trying...
  4. Windows broken? Last things to do before reinstalling Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there a "Microsoft - DO NOT TOUCH!" list, like the "do not call" list?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is there a "Microsoft - DO NOT TOUCH!" list, like the "do not call" list?: Please note that, though this may sound like a rant, it really isn't.Reference:Posting "Disabling "News and Interests" causes entire notification area to go...
  6. Reinstalling windows 10 before selling PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling windows 10 before selling PC: Hi there, My device came with windows 10 home. I upgrade it from home to pro via the Microsoft Store, so now my activation page says activated with a digital license linked to MS account. My question is if i decide to sell this PC can i get the original Home edition back...
  7. In Capable of reinstalling on windows on any drive listed.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    In Capable of reinstalling on windows on any drive listed.: The problem all started out when my computer crashed, I restarted the computer and it let me log in and mess around for maybe at most 3 minutes then crash. After restarting multiple times it would abruptly give me a bosd screen before even being able to enter windows with the...
  8. Before I reinstall windows or do something stupid, please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Before I reinstall windows or do something stupid, please help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sum-cajun-seasoning [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lazaj4/before_i_reinstall_windows_or_do_something_stupid/
  9. Having issues removing Chrome before reinstalling.

in Browsers and Email
    Having issues removing Chrome before reinstalling.: I work from home doing all sorts of odd job contracts. I have one I'm about to being that requires me to use Chrome with no 3rd party extensions. Since I have added many extensions to Chrome, I thought it best to just uninstall then reinstall. When I tried doing this via add...
  10. Before a total Reinstall

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Before a total Reinstall: Hi, Mum cannot login to her laptop !!! I upgraded the laptop to Win 10 Pro 64 bit as part of the free Win 10 rollout 2 years ago, creating an admin account for Mum. There is also a standard account for her daughter. Sure enough when I checked it, the known password...