Windows 10: To get window key from serial number of laptop

Discus and support To get window key from serial number of laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have changed hard disk. And installed window 10 pro. But i don't have key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sahilgarg2, Aug 25, 2020.

1. To get window key from serial number of laptop

I have changed hard disk.

And installed window 10 pro.

But i don't have key

:)

sahilgarg2, Aug 25, 2020

2. Serial number

The serial number should be on a sticker somewhere on the desktop.

You can also go into the BIOS to find the serial number.

This link has the info, it says laptop, but should be the same steps:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00034791

tamara_sadel, Aug 25, 2020
  3. Windows 10 serial on OEM

So I'll summarize steps made...

1. Saved serial number (taken with Belarc Advisory) from preinstalled (half chinese language) Windows 8.1 (don't know exactly the version, suspect Windows 8.1 with bing) on tablet
    2. Formatted tablet
    3. Tried to make a clean Windows 10 (HOME, HOME N and also PRO, everytime with the same result) install with ISO taken with MediaCreationTool, during install (and also after completing installation) it says that the saved serial is not valid
    4. Tried to reinstall Windows 8.1 (ISO taken with MediaCreationTool again) HOME, it says that the serial is not valid

So i suspect that the saved serial, is from a WINDOWS 8.1 WITH BING OEM version and this kind of ISO is not accessible/downloadable anywhere (at least I can't find it, any suggestion?)

Still not tried SHOWKEY with that serial, I am in office now, and the serial is saved on a usb pen at home, will try this evening.

So I'm stucked but if everything is like I suspect, it's incredible. If I have a tablet/notebook/netbook with Windows 8 preinstalled, it seems that I can update to Windows 10 without problems, but if I want to make a clean Windows 10 install that serial is not valid...

CapitanCatarro, Aug 25, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

To get window key from serial number of laptop

Windows laptop serial number

If you need the Serial number of your laptop, it will be on a sticker on the back of your laptop

If you need the product key for Windows 10, the command:

wmic bios get serialnumber

used to work, but does not seem to work any more in Windows 10.

There are utilities like ProduKey that can show you your Windows 10 Product Key -
    Click Here to download it

DaveM121, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

To get window key from serial number of laptop

1. To get window key from serial number of laptop - Similar Threads - window key serial

2. Getting Windows serial number from broken PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Windows serial number from broken PC: My PC won't start due to a hardware failure. I'm going to buy a new PC but how can I get the serial number from the broken one so I can reinstall on the new one?...
  3. Getting Windows serial number from broken PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Windows serial number from broken PC: My PC won't start due to a hardware failure. I'm going to buy a new PC but how can I get the serial number from the broken one so I can reinstall on the new one?...
  4. Getting Windows serial number from broken PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to get serial number of laptop ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to get serial number of laptop ?: Press windows key type "cmd" > right click > Run as administrator>Type below command , it enter wmic bios get serialnumber https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-serial-number-of-laptop/23dd16fa-b94d-4345-8ec8-a838212c27bd
  6. How to get serial number of laptop ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get serial number of laptop ?: Press windows key type "cmd" > right click > Run as administrator>Type below command , it enter wmic bios get serialnumber https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-serial-number-of-laptop/23dd16fa-b94d-4345-8ec8-a838212c27bd
  7. How to get serial number of laptop ?

8. get machine serial number

get machine serial number: Windows 10, desktop system. We replaced a desktop unit over the weekend. Now we need to transfer the accounting software and for that we need the serial number of the machine we replaced. I right clicked start > left clicked Run > typed 'wmic bios get serialnumber' into the...
  9. get machine serial number

in Windows 10 Customization
    get machine serial number: Windows 10, desktop system. We replaced a desktop unit over the weekend. Now we need to transfer the accounting software and for that we need the serial number of the machine we replaced. I right clicked start > left clicked Run > typed 'wmic bios get serialnumber' into the...
  10. Product Key from Serial Number

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key from Serial Number: Good day Would like to find out if there is a way to recover the product key from the License serial number. We bought 2 Windows 10 IOT ENT LTSB 2016 licenses. They arrived in an envelope. Cleaners mistook the envelope for trash and threw it away. We...