Windows 10: To have the most stable Win10 possible on my machine, should I press "Check for updates"...

Discus and support To have the most stable Win10 possible on my machine, should I press "Check for updates"... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know I shouldn't press "Download and install" to updates that contain the word "Preview" in them. I once read in MS that pressing "Check for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/InternationalFlow153, Oct 31, 2020.

1. To have the most stable Win10 possible on my machine, should I press "Check for updates"...

I know I shouldn't press "Download and install" to updates that contain the word "Preview" in them.

I once read in MS that pressing "Check for updates" gets you to download updates automatically when the button is pressed that Win10 wouldn't have downloaded and installed [the updates] hadn't you pressed the "Check for updates" button, am I right?

Should I press check for updates and press download to: "Cumulative updates" without "preview" in them?

What about: "Optional driver updates", surely only if I have instability in that driver right?

Should I only wait till Win10 installs updates automatically in the background that some of them ask me to restart Win10?

I am not in the Insider program but I get emails telling me: "Thanks for being in the Insider program", I think this is because I press: "Download and install" for "Preview" updates which I will never do anymore.

Should I press "Download and install" to the feature updates as soon as they appear in my updates window when I check for it?

submitted by /u/InternationalFlow153
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/InternationalFlow153, Oct 31, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Oct 31, 2020
  3. David4354 Win User
    Win10 BSOD Machine Check Exception

Hey everyone, so recently I started getting a lot of Machine Check Exception bluescreens and Im not sure what the cause is. Is there a list of steps to figure out what is causing it?

Thank you for your time.

David4354, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

To have the most stable Win10 possible on my machine, should I press "Check for updates"...

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

To have the most stable Win10 possible on my machine, should I press "Check for updates"...

1. To have the most stable Win10 possible on my machine, should I press "Check for updates"... - Similar Threads - stable Win10 possible

2. WU - should I Click on "Check for Updates"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WU - should I Click on "Check for Updates"?: At one time we were told to NOT click on WU "Check for updates" because it would bring in patches that were not necessarily ready for full release. Is that still true?...
  3. WU - should I Click on "Check for Updates"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WU - should I Click on "Check for Updates"?: At one time we were told to NOT click on WU "Check for updates" because it would bring in patches that were not necessarily ready for full release. Is that still true?...
  4. WU - should I Click on "Check for Updates"?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I need a clean installation of the most stable version of Windows 10.

I need a clean installation of the most stable version of Windows 10.: I need a clean installation of the most stable version of Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-clean-installation-of-the-most-stable/5da5b07c-d41a-434c-8675-2d14a3c79999
  6. i got a machine check exception

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i got a machine check exception: would this be a memory or cpu issue? ******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis...
  7. Most stable and fastest build of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Most stable and fastest build of Windows 10?: Short Version: What's the most stable and fastest build that is still supported for a long time? I want to debloat that version for my own use. So I got a PC that has some pretty powerful specs although with some bottlenecks that are due for an upgrade very soon (I'm using...
  8. Is it possible to have my Win10 calendar in my Android phone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to have my Win10 calendar in my Android phone?: ...without Outlook? I can work with my calendar without an email just fine in my PC. Is there a way to have it on my phone too? I don't want to install/use Google calendar btw, even if it has the option to sync with it. I am trying to avoid their services as much as possible....
  9. Win10 Optional update not downloading when I check it and press download and install

Win10 Optional update not downloading when I check it and press download and install: please help cant install this update[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-optional-update-not-downloading-when-i-check/581d6806-5ebc-4eed-8cc4-a1d7a84a8732
  10. Win10 BSOD Machine Check Exception

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 BSOD Machine Check Exception: Hey everyone, so recently I started getting a lot of Machine Check Exception bluescreens and Im not sure what the cause is. Is there a list of steps to figure out what is causing it? Thank you for your time....