Windows 10: To Hide or Unhide Folders

Discus and support To Hide or Unhide Folders in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In my user folder (ex: C:\Users\...) there are many .xxxx files from various programs I've installed. It would be nice to actually use my user folder,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rory_nz, May 19, 2020.

1. To Hide or Unhide Folders

In my user folder (ex: C:\Users\...) there are many .xxxx files from various programs I've installed. It would be nice to actually use my user folder, but with so many different program files the folder becomes a bit of a mess. I can easily make a folder and its contents hidden or unhidden by going into the folder properties, but will this have any effect on the applications/programs by doing so?

submitted by /u/rory_nz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rory_nz, May 19, 2020
  2. Suman_B Win User

Temporarily hide a folder

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to hide photos while working on Photos app, In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need some information.

1. Are you aware of any recent changes made on your PC?
    2. What is the version and build of you operating system? In the
      Search box, type winver
      to get this info.

Since it takes a while for the folder to re-populate after removal from the Photos app, I have found a work around to hide the folder from Photos app by changing the hidden attributes.

Follow the steps to hide the Photo/ folder.

1. Right click on the Photo/ folder.
    2. Select properties.
    3. Check Hidden under General tab and hit apply
    4. The photo will be temporally hidden from photos app.

To unhide the Photo/ folder refer the below steps.

1. Click on files explorer.
    2. Select the View tab and check Hidden items to view the Photo/folder
    3. Right click on the Photo/folder
    4. Select properties, Uncheck Hidden and click on apply.
    5. The Photo will re-appear in the Photos app.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, May 19, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Hide/Unhide windows 10 update

OK, there are two possibilities.

It may not be hidden now, so it won't appear in your list of hidden updates. If so, it should appear in the list of those you can hide.

The other possibility is that windows update doesn't think your PC is ready for the 1803 update yet so doesn't show it as available for your PC. If so it won't appear in either the list of updates you have hidden, or the list of those you could hide.

There are several reasons why this can happen. Microsoft may have just discovered an issue that affects your type of PC and has now blocked them from seeing the update until a fix is in place. Or windows update may just be giving you a grace period before offering it to you again.

Either way, you cannot hide (or unhide) an update until windows update says it is an available update for your PC. You'll just have to regularly check to see if it has reappeared as a hidden update or becomes available to hide again. Until then, you won't get 1803 unexpectedly, it can't install until windows update sees it as 'available' for your PC.

Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10

4. To Hide or Unhide Folders

Unable To Unhide Hidden Folders

solved

They were marked as system files by virus so i wasnt able to see.. i enabled to view system files in options then i can see folder but yet cant unhide.

i googled and found solution.

I tried attrib -s -h folder name & it worked for that folder. Then I tried attrib -s -h /s /d which did all the folders, sub-folders in a single go.

freebird_9924, May 19, 2020
Thema:

To Hide or Unhide Folders

1. To Hide or Unhide Folders - Similar Threads - Hide Unhide Folders

2. Windows11 Taskbar “hide" and "unhide" does not work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows11 Taskbar “hide" and "unhide" does not work properly: Hi, there. I'd like to report a problem I'm having on all my laptops and desktops running windows 11.When I am using Microsoft Edge Chromium, 4K video Downloader, and a number of other apps with the windows maximized, the taskbar does not hide or unhide properly. For example,...
  3. Windows11 Taskbar “hide" and "unhide" does not work properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows11 Taskbar “hide" and "unhide" does not work properly: Hi, there. I'd like to report a problem I'm having on all my laptops and desktops running windows 11.When I am using Microsoft Edge Chromium, 4K video Downloader, and a number of other apps with the windows maximized, the taskbar does not hide or unhide properly. For example,...
  4. application to hide and unhide files in folders

application to hide and unhide files in folders: Hi. Our genealogy society has hundreds of folders with jpeg images of sacramental records like baptisms. To the public, we are only allowed to show records that are 70 years old or older. That means we have to copy over a new year's worth of records for all the books every...
  5. Will there be any harm in unhiding a folder that Windows hides automatically?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will there be any harm in unhiding a folder that Windows hides automatically?: Will my PC be harmed if I unhide the hidden folder located at C:/Users/<username>/AppData ? submitted by /u/drivingmorans123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lha0ss/will_there_be_any_harm_in_unhiding_a_folder_that/
  6. Temporarily hide a folder

Temporarily hide a folder: I have some photos on an external drive that I sometimes want to access from the Photos app, but I sometimes want to hide when I'm working in the Photos app. I know I can remove the folder from the app, then add it back, but my recollection is that when adding it back, it...
  7. How to unhide the USER folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to unhide the USER folder in Windows 10: I want to import my favorites from Internet Explorer but when I check the file path it's under the hidden folder, and my user account is hidden as well. How can I fix it?...
  8. Hide/Unhide windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hide/Unhide windows 10 update: Hello, So i hide the windows 10 april update but today i wanted to unhide it and give it another try but the program says i dont have any updates hidden. And im sure it did hide the april update. What to do? 110580
  9. Hide folder names?

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide folder names?: Is there any way to hide folder names? But I do mean hide the name, not hide the folder or replace the folder name with a blank character. Like the "hide file names" option but for folders instead 44726
  10. Unhide Program Data in root folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Unhide Program Data in root folder: Is it safe to "unhide" the Program Data folder in your windows installation root? I mean; right click, press "properties" and then untick the "hidden" option. I've just done it, but got a warning saying it could not do it to all files. 76299