Windows 10: "To install updates, we need your battery charged to 40%." Really? Why?

Discus and support "To install updates, we need your battery charged to 40%." Really? Why? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm sure you're aware of the news about Windows needing to be updated ASAP. But, I get this error when trying to update "To install updates, we need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SimpleLodgic, Jun 9, 2019.

1. "To install updates, we need your battery charged to 40%." Really? Why?

I'm sure you're aware of the news about Windows needing to be updated ASAP.

But, I get this error when trying to update "To install updates, we need your battery charged to 40%."

There's one slight problem, my laptop battery is dead, and I'm not replacing it.

Why the hell does my battery need to be charged to 40% anyway? It's plugged in!

Any way to get around this pathetic message?

:)

SimpleLodgic, Jun 9, 2019
  2. gordon99 Win User

Battery plugged in but not charging.

Hello Bree & Callender, This morning I fiddled around trying to get the charger to work in the boot process by pressing F2 and the waiting for 10 minutes or so before continuing to log on. The amount of battery charge was still 5% which it was prior to all that. I did this because it was a suggestion from Dell as a possible solution. I then considered updating the BIOS as this is another Dell suggestion to overcome the battery not charging problem.

I then had another look at the adapter to confirm its output which is 130 Watts. Anyway, after an hour or so seemingly getting nowhere I noticed that the battery signal to the left ot the keyboard had lit up. I immediiatly checked the battery icon on the screen and found it was now showing that it was charging and 1 hour 31 minutes to full charge. I decided to leave everything as it was for a couple of hours after which time it was showing 100% charge on the battery.

Later on however I noticed that, although still showing 100% charge, the battery “connected but not charging” message was back. Needless to say I am even more flummoxed. I read all the links you posted Bree and found them very interesting. Nevertheless I am now wondering why the chargeing process had burst into and then died again. Someone, somewhere knows what’s happening I am sure.

gordon99, Jun 9, 2019
  3. battery charge bug

cheers mate, ive just treid that , my battery was fully charged so will see what happens when its down to around 9% and i plug in the charger...odd thing is i noted the driver for this application to be dated 20-06-2013, after deleting/unistalling it reinsatlled drivers dated 21-06-2006...tried to update but says i have latest installed...will wait to see what happens..ta

ok update, tried what was suggested but didnt work...still shows same message when plugged in to charge battery..

goofy gorilla, Jun 9, 2019
  4. KK_666 Win User

"To install updates, we need your battery charged to 40%." Really? Why?

Battery not charging after KB3081444 !

It seems that after the update, the battery is not charging any more, the battery notification in the tray says (plugged in, charging) but it is actually not doing anything.

There's nothing wrong either with the battery or the acpi controller. I used a linux live usb key and the battery charged nicely and timely as expected.

Also KB3081444 seems to be very cryptic on changes made as it suggests that it copes with a browser security fix and the file listing below has a really long list of unrelated stuff ... thus it doesn't help much in identifying the source of the problem.

I can only guess that I'm not the only one having the issue. Anyone can offer assistance?

thx

KK_666, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

"To install updates, we need your battery charged to 40%." Really? Why?

1. "To install updates, we need your battery charged to 40%." Really? Why? - Similar Threads - install updates need

2. When your Laptop is at 100% Battery and youre charging it does this charge the battery or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When your Laptop is at 100% Battery and youre charging it does this charge the battery or...: ...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-your-laptop-is-at-100-battery-and-youre/16416366-3790-49ad-aed0-ccaa4a40c98c
  3. When your Laptop is at 100% Battery and youre charging it does this charge the battery or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When your Laptop is at 100% Battery and youre charging it does this charge the battery or...: ...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-your-laptop-is-at-100-battery-and-youre/16416366-3790-49ad-aed0-ccaa4a40c98c
  4. Unable to install updates unless battery is charged to 40% - Why?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install updates unless battery is charged to 40% - Why?!: I've been hunting around for a solution to this ridiculous issue where Windows Update won't install certain updates unless the laptop battery is charged to 40%, even if the laptop doesn't contain a battery.So far, the useless replies I've found fall into 3 categories:The...
  5. Unable to install updates unless battery is charged to 40% - Why?!

Unable to install updates unless battery is charged to 40% - Why?!: I've been hunting around for a solution to this ridiculous issue where Windows Update won't install certain updates unless the laptop battery is charged to 40%, even if the laptop doesn't contain a battery.So far, the useless replies I've found fall into 3 categories:The...
  6. Unable to install updates unless battery is charged to 40% - Why?!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. your battery please charge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    your battery please charge: merhaba"your battery please charge" sesli uyarı alıyorum. Batarya dolu Pil ile ilgili eylemleri denedim ama ses kapanmadı30 saniye arayla tekrarlayan bir sesnasıl kapatabilirim ?teşekkürler...
  8. your battery please charge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    your battery please charge: merhaba"your battery please charge" sesli uyarı alıyorum. Batarya dolu Pil ile ilgili eylemleri denedim ama ses kapanmadı30 saniye arayla tekrarlayan bir sesnasıl kapatabilirim ?teşekkürler...
  9. your battery please charge

10. Why won't my battery charge?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why won't my battery charge?: Why won't my battery charge? I tried 3 batteries and tested good voltage on the power supply. Tried calibration and looked for drivers. This started probably 6 months ago. I have a HP Pavilion, model T558P44. Thanks, Jim...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. we need your battery charged to 40%

2. windows update battery 40

3. 40% charge to update

4. to install updates we need your battery charged to 40,
  5. Battery must be charged above 40% in order to install update bypass,
  6. Battery must be charged above 40% in order to install update,
  7. install needs 40% battery,
  8. windows update need 40% battery,
  9. to restart and finish updateing we need you battery charged to 40%,
  10. computer cannot update battery lower than 40%,
  11. why does my battery have to be at 40% for windows update download when it is plugged in to electricity,
  12. bypass ot install updates we need your battery on 40%,
  13. fix battery must be at 40%,
  14. windows update battery charge to 40%,
  15. windows update 40% battery