Windows 10: To install windows OS, do you need the actual product at hand?

Discus and support To install windows OS, do you need the actual product at hand? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Do I need the product key right in front of me when installing, or do I just need the codes or something that's written on the key? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/daiki185, Nov 26, 2020.

1. To install windows OS, do you need the actual product at hand?

Do I need the product key right in front of me when installing, or do I just need the codes or something that's written on the key?

submitted by /u/daiki185
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/daiki185, Nov 26, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 26, 2020
  3. little cat, Nov 26, 2020
  4. To install windows OS, do you need the actual product at hand?

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

To install windows OS, do you need the actual product at hand?

1. To install windows OS, do you need the actual product at hand? - Similar Threads - install need actual

2. How do you actually uninstall a windows update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you actually uninstall a windows update?: i can't seem to uninstall an update i kept repeating the same process for over an hour and the updates still there after every restartthe update messing up my windows function i can't use the windows function and my taskbar is missing...
  3. How do you actually uninstall a windows update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you actually uninstall a windows update?: i can't seem to uninstall an update i kept repeating the same process for over an hour and the updates still there after every restartthe update messing up my windows function i can't use the windows function and my taskbar is missing...
  4. Do you really need a product key to use Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    Do you really need a product key to use Windows 10?: Windows 10 is approaching the end of its life. The illustrious operating system was launched in 2015 and is set to reach the end of its support phase in October 2025. That means that Windows 10 has less than three years of viability left. However, the old girl still has life...
  5. How do you turn on hands free telephone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do you turn on hands free telephone: Hello, I was having problems because my Airpods Pro were having horrible quality, so I searched it up on how to fix it and they said to turn off hands free telephone. But I didn't know what it did and since I do not have any other microphone I am trying to find a way to turn...
  6. Do you need a product key ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Do you need a product key ?: If you need Windows 10 keys, contact me. I can give you link/Otherwise email you to buy Windows 10 license keys for low prices. Windows 10 PRO OEM for 1 PCLifetime - $25 Windows 10 PRO OEM for 2 PCLifetime - $40 Windows 10 HOME CD key for 1 PCLifetime - $25 Windows...
  7. Do I actually need all of these?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do I actually need all of these?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Antonaros [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lkf7lk/do_i_actually_need_all_of_these/
  8. Can you do an unattended answer file WITHOUT actually installing Win10?

Can you do an unattended answer file WITHOUT actually installing Win10?: For my job I have to do the initial set up of new laptops from HP. We do not have an image (and the MSP wont give me one)... Is there a way I can skip through that series of questions at the start of a win10 setup (e.g. keyboard, privacy, username, etc.)? All of the answer...
  9. Windows OS product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows OS product key: My laptop had windows 7 pro. it was later upgraded to windows 10 and it has been activated on line. Now my laptop has become very slow and the service engineer suggested me to format the laptop and reload OS Please advise and if need arises please send me the product key of...
  10. Need help with OS installation

Need help with OS installation: [ATTACH] So I'm gonna be building a new pc soon and putting all my existing drives into that one. My old pc is going to go to my brother and I have a drive for that already. I want to install windows on that drive already, so when all of the parts come, he can instantly...