Windows 10: To John Dev Corrupted files after changing username incorrectly registry.

Discus and support To John Dev Corrupted files after changing username incorrectly registry. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good day, today I was trying to change my user folder name following this tutorial in the registry editor. I changed the name in the local machine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by maisey123, Aug 11, 2022.

1. maisey123 Win User

To John Dev Corrupted files after changing username incorrectly registry.

Good day, today I was trying to change my user folder name following this tutorial in the registry editor. I changed the name in the local machine section and restarted my computer only to find my files are not appearing. The hard drive capacity and used space remain the same as before. After this, I did a system restore point from a day ago and some data has been kept, some is gone. It may have been corrupted.https://www.lifewire.com/change-user-folder-name-in-windows-10-5114140Following this tutorial, I skipped the part involving CMD as I was confused. This may have been detrimental to my

:)

maisey123, Aug 11, 2022
  2. KenMel Win User

Where is John DeV

reference post: Can't install KB5014668 - Microsoft Community

John DeV posted some suggestions and asked to let him know what happened. Today, 3 full pages of responses were edited down to 2. A bunch of posts were deleted and there has been nothing from John DeV for 2 days.

Could another moderator please step in and help us? Or if John is around, could you please respond. Thank you.

KenMel, Aug 11, 2022
  3. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Aug 11, 2022
  4. Frogger Win User

Modded Registry. Want Old Back....

did you try this

To restore the registry
    Open Registry Editor.
    Click Options, and then click Print to print these instructions. (If you are using the Help and Support Center, click Print above the topic area.) They will not be available after you shut down your computer in step 2.
    Click Start, and then click Shut Down.
    In the list, click Restart, and then click OK.
    When you see the message Please select the operating system to start, press F8.
    Use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.
    NUM LOCK must be off before the arrow keys on the numeric keypad will function.

Use the arrow keys to highlight an operating system, and then press ENTER.
    Caution

Incorrectly editing the registry may severely damage your system. Before making changes to the registry, you should back up any valued data on your computer.
    Notes

To open Registry Editor, click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
    Choosing Last Known Good Configuration provides a way to recover from problems such as a newly added driver that may be incorrect for your hardware. It does not solve problems caused by corrupted or missing drivers or files.
    When you choose Last Known Good Configuration, Windows restores information in registry key HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet only. Any changes you have made in other registry keys remain.

Frogger, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

1. To John Dev Corrupted files after changing username incorrectly registry. - Similar Threads - John Dev Corrupted

2. Registry files corrupt or missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry files corrupt or missing: Hello,My Windows 10 Desktop doesn't boot up because whenever I turn my computer on, it shows a blue screen with the error code 0xc000014c and claims my registry files are missing or has errors and points to the file Windows\system32\config\system. After a bit of research, I...
  3. Change File Username

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change File Username: I don't have the option to change the File name to anything else, my Username on windows - settings is localuser, not tacrh https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-file-username/face5d3e-e994-448f-9da2-0ae1b2e27eba
  4. Change File Username

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change File Username: I don't have the option to change the File name to anything else, my Username on windows - settings is localuser, not tacrh https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-file-username/face5d3e-e994-448f-9da2-0ae1b2e27eba
  5. To John Dev Corrupted files after changing username incorrectly registry.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    To John Dev Corrupted files after changing username incorrectly registry.: Good day, today I was trying to change my user folder name following this tutorial in the registry editor. I changed the name in the local machine section and restarted my computer only to find my files are not appearing. The hard drive capacity and used space remain the same...
  6. To John Dev Corrupted files after changing username incorrectly registry.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To John Dev Corrupted files after changing username incorrectly registry.: Good day, today I was trying to change my user folder name following this tutorial in the registry editor. I changed the name in the local machine section and restarted my computer only to find my files are not appearing. The hard drive capacity and used space remain the same...
  7. Where is John DeV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is John DeV: reference post: Can't install KB5014668 - Microsoft CommunityJohn DeV posted some suggestions and asked to let him know what happened. Today, 3 full pages of responses were edited down to 2. A bunch of posts were deleted and there has been nothing from John DeV for 2...
  8. Where is John DeV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is John DeV: reference post: Can't install KB5014668 - Microsoft CommunityJohn DeV posted some suggestions and asked to let him know what happened. Today, 3 full pages of responses were edited down to 2. A bunch of posts were deleted and there has been nothing from John DeV for 2...
  9. THANK YOU John Dev - EVERYTHING is working now!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    THANK YOU John Dev - EVERYTHING is working now!: Hi John Dev: This is Dean Anderson, someone you helped waay back in September who had a problem with Microsoft updates rendering expensive hardware unusable. I should have taken the time to find our thread but it's a busy morning becausemy entire Pro Tools system is...
  10. Incorrect UserName

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Incorrect UserName: Hello, I installed Windows 10 last May and it choose the first 5 letters of my Hotmail username. I tried to modify that from User Account but then it kind of created a second layer of user name: i.e. I have C:\Users\cdnhe and I also have a folder with the other name in my...