Windows 10: To regain user/owner /control of win10 pro.?

Discus and support To regain user/owner /control of win10 pro.? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Windows 10 pro has been hacked and the windows account control password protected how do I get back in there... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EntirePancake99, Jan 24, 2019.

1. To regain user/owner /control of win10 pro.?

My Windows 10 pro has been hacked and the windows account control password protected how do I get back in there

:)

EntirePancake99, Jan 24, 2019

2. To regain user/owner /control of win10 pro.?

My Windows 10 pro has been hacked and the windows account control password protected how do I get back in there

EntirePancake99, Dec 16, 2019
  3. To regain user/owner /control of win10 pro.?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you when the system doesn't work as it should.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. What is the make and model of the PC?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC?
    3. Are you able to get to the desktop screen? If not, then what is the exact error code or message you get?
    4. When you say ‘windows account control password protected’, are you referring to the Local account or the Microsoft account?
    5. Which security software is installed on the PC?
    6. Is the PC connected to a Domain Network?

Reply with more information to help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Dec 16, 2019
  4. To regain user/owner /control of win10 pro.?

Unknown User as Owner

Hi Bree, thanks for stepping up to address this issue.
    As far as I know my External Drive has only been used on my PC.

I could try to implement your suggestion and take Ownership of those Folders.
    The "Take Ownership" link is present in my right click menu, but I'm currently logged in with my Microsoft account, so perhaps it would be better if I went Properties --> Security --> Advanced & set the Owner to Administrators, no?!

Although my mind is bugged with a new question now.
    If I change the Owner & later on I have to restore a backup (Acronis on a CD) won't I encounter problems then?

witten1972, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

To regain user/owner /control of win10 pro.?

1. To regain user/owner /control of win10 pro.? - Similar Threads - regain user owner

2. owner user / temp user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    owner user / temp user: One day my PC decided to open in the temp user mode. Nothing else changed and I can still find all my photos, documents, and downloads, but, I have to click on them manually. The PC is for some reason opening to temp user. It is still functioning but without any of my stored...
  3. owner user / temp user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    owner user / temp user: One day my PC decided to open in the temp user mode. Nothing else changed and I can still find all my photos, documents, and downloads, but, I have to click on them manually. The PC is for some reason opening to temp user. It is still functioning but without any of my stored...
  4. owner user / temp user

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to regain control of computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to regain control of computer: Updated and restored my computer and not I have no access to do anything, I cant open CMD prompt with admin I get check spelling error code. When trying to download a program I get a not valid short file name....
  6. How to regain control of my admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to regain control of my admin account: I am the sole owner of my laptop running Windows 10 Pro (Version 2004, OS Build 19041.388). Yesterday I changed my account from an admin account to a standard user account and now I cannot access the admin account. Whenever I try to access the admin account it asks for a...
  7. How to regain control of my admin account

in Windows 10 Support
    How to regain control of my admin account: I am the sole owner of my laptop running Windows 10 Pro (Version 2004, OS Build 19041.388). Yesterday I changed my account from an admin account to a standard user account and now I cannot access the admin account. Whenever I try to access the admin account it asks for a...
  8. Managing owner, user, groups

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Managing owner, user, groups: Hi, I find hard to understand my “default” settings on the control privacy of users and groups set in my machine, there’s like 10 users, some with more privileges than me(an S-bunch or numbers with lots of permission intrigued me) and also lots of groups that I didn’t set, is...
  9. Unknown User as Owner

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unknown User as Owner: Hi guys, I have a peculiar issue with an unknown Owner of a folder. To be more precise, its on my external Drive, in a folder called My Backups. I use Acronis on a disk to perform backups. Acronis is not installed. Path: ‪L:\My backups\Windows 10 Pro (C) Owner:...
  10. private owner of enterprise win10 Pro Laptop needs media for reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    private owner of enterprise win10 Pro Laptop needs media for reinstall: Cannot get media without an enterprise account but I am just an individual who bought the laptop in a sale, worked fine until Update 1803 apparently broke the installation and following update fails with Error Code 0x80073712 System gets unresponsive as time goes on....