Windows 10: To remove auto added "New Edge" shortcut from desktop

Discus and support To remove auto added "New Edge" shortcut from desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/xgizmobratx [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xgizmobratx, Jul 5, 2020.

1. To remove auto added "New Edge" shortcut from desktop

/u/xgizmobratx, Jul 5, 2020
  2. sambul72 Win User

Desktop shortcuts in Edge browser

Please suggest how to open a certain webpage from desktop shortcut in MS Edge new window? All shortcut adding techniques I tried open the desired webpage in a new Edge Tab instead of new window, if Edge was previously open before the shortcut is clicked.
    Opening a shortcut in a new window is very important in a multi-monitor setup, where different websites are open in Edge on different monitors.

sambul72, Jul 5, 2020
  3. How do I get a shortcut app or icon to desktop from microsoft edge such as club pogo

Hi Pat Ruble,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

You may create shortcut in desktop. Follow the below steps.

• Open the desktop, right click on empty area on desktop and click on
      New->Shortcut.

• Enter the url which you have copied from the Microsoft EDGE in the
      Type the location of the item text box. (Open the EDGE browser, copy the URL which you need to create the shortcut on desktop by pressing CTRL + C keys on the keyboard and paste it in the text box as suggested in the step 2 by pasting the URL
      by pressing CTRL + V keys on the keyboard)

• Click on Next button and then click on
      Finish
      button.

• Now the shortcut will be created on desktop.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 5, 2020
  4. To remove auto added "New Edge" shortcut from desktop

Adding shortcut to desktop from web page

Hi,

Please let us know, which browser are you using to do so?

Follow the steps below to create shortcuts of websites on the Desktop:

• When you are viewing a website, right click on the web page and select the Create Shortcut option. The shortcut will be placed on the Desktop.
    • You can also right click the Desktop and select New/Shortcut. In the Location Box, paste the URL to the website.
    • Click Next and Name the shortcut and Click Finish.
    • You can also drag the Icon at the left end of the Address Bar and drop it on the Desktop, when viewing a website to create a shortcut.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

To remove auto added "New Edge" shortcut from desktop

1. To remove auto added "New Edge" shortcut from desktop - Similar Threads - remove auto added

2. adding shortcut icons to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adding shortcut icons to desktop: How do I add my favorite icons to desktop? I just installed a windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-shortcut-icons-to-desktop/026cc788-7fe5-4b5d-ad68-083807619f82
  3. adding shortcut icons to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adding shortcut icons to desktop: How do I add my favorite icons to desktop? I just installed a windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-shortcut-icons-to-desktop/026cc788-7fe5-4b5d-ad68-083807619f82
  4. Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users

in Browsers and Email
    Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users: Hi Experts, I am working on creating a image for windows 10 20H2 using native method, in this one of the requirement is remove edge browser shortcut from desktop. before i used below mentioned registry changes and it worked. "reg add...
  5. Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users

in Windows 10 Support
    Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users: Hi Experts, I am working on creating a image for windows 10 20H2 using native method, in this one of the requirement is remove edge browser shortcut from desktop. before i used below mentioned registry changes and it worked. "reg add...
  6. Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users

in Browsers and Email
  7. ADDING SHORTCUTS TO DESKTOP?

in Windows 10 Customization
    ADDING SHORTCUTS TO DESKTOP?: How can I add shortcut icons to the desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-shortcuts-to-desktop/b301b867-44bf-4359-be5e-f8d71848b834
  8. Is there a way to remove the create new desktop shortcut

Is there a way to remove the create new desktop shortcut: Hi, When gaming i sometimes fat finger and press ctrl + win + d at the same time and it creates a new desktop is there anyway to change / remove this shortcut thanks...
  9. Adding a shortcut to my desktop

Adding a shortcut to my desktop: I want to add a shortcut icon to my desktop to access the website pandora.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-shortcut-to-my-desktop/b9421c36-2e19-4483-b727-85c5e8feb628
  10. Deleting Microsoft Edge Shortcut from Desktop

Deleting Microsoft Edge Shortcut from Desktop: Hello, This may seem like a stupid question but I was going to delete the Microsoft edge shortcut from my Windows 10 desktop and wanted to make sure I wasn't deleting the actual application. I remember when I was a kid I was cleaning my desktop and deleted what I thought...