Windows 10: To repair or not to repair...

Discus and support To repair or not to repair... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Dell laptop that died 2 years ago. I don't remember which version of Windows 10 was on it. I have a chance finally of getting it repaired. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by milford, Apr 5, 2020.

1. milford Win User

To repair or not to repair...

I have a Dell laptop that died 2 years ago. I don't remember which version of Windows 10 was on it. I have a chance finally of getting it repaired. The Bimbo secretary at the shop hasn't a clue what I'm talking about, so I'll ask here,

If I get it repaired, will the laptop eventually update to the current version of Windows 10 (i.e. 1909)? If not, will Windows 10 Update assistant work? If it can't update, i'm considering getting a new laptop.

:)

milford, Apr 5, 2020
  2. erocker Win User
    erocker, Apr 5, 2020
  3. solhagen Win User
    Repair motherboard CPU socket - Whats the repair cost for Sandy Bridge?

Thanks, i e-mailed them now awaiting reply.

solhagen, Apr 5, 2020
  4. phill Win User

Picture header repair... Help please!!

Hi everyone... I'm indeed of some help and or advice....

I've a load of picture files (JPG I think mostly, might be some others in there....) that have a problem when loading which is can't find the header.. I normally use IrfanView to view my pictures and it's not showing any of these at all.. I deleted a load of files that I didn't think I needed from a backup drive, then realised, well it was too late then.. More so for me these where of my daughter when she was little, so if I can find a way to repair the files, I'd do whatever I can to do that *Smile To repair or not to repair... :)

The question therefore is, does anyone have a program that they use for repairing picture files at all?? I've tried a few of these 'we repair any files.com' programs but they all have been less than helpful and completely useless.. I'll grab a list of them when I next get on my main PC as that's were the files are stored...

Many thanks in advance to anyone who replies with suggestions or advice *Smile To repair or not to repair... :)

phill, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

1. To repair or not to repair... - Similar Threads - repair repair

2. Help! My Windows 11 is stuck "Scanning and repairing c:"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! My Windows 11 is stuck "Scanning and repairing c:": I was just minding my own business through my laptop. Then I got a notification that said Scan and repair driversI pressed it. Then my laptop just decided to never get past "Scanning and repairing drive c:". It keeps restarting over and over, every time after that message...
  3. Help! My Windows 11 is stuck "Scanning and repairing c:"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! My Windows 11 is stuck "Scanning and repairing c:": I was just minding my own business through my laptop. Then I got a notification that said Scan and repair driversI pressed it. Then my laptop just decided to never get past "Scanning and repairing drive c:". It keeps restarting over and over, every time after that message...
  4. Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?: Hi, after updating windows 10 to latest update my pc got stuck in an automatic repair loop and all troubleshoot options, including uninstalling recent update require admin account password which is allegedly incorrect even after resetting it using another pc. I also checked...
  5. Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?

Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?: Hi, after updating windows 10 to latest update my pc got stuck in an automatic repair loop and all troubleshoot options, including uninstalling recent update require admin account password which is allegedly incorrect even after resetting it using another pc. I also checked...
  6. Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How do I repair or fix error 0x80070002

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I repair or fix error 0x80070002: On attempting to install 10.0.26080.1300 the error after stalling at 8% is 0x80070002 so what is the problem and why has it only occured on this update. The previous update 10.0.26080.1100 also had a glitch when trying to shutdown as it acted just like a restart click on shut...
  8. How do I repair or fix error 0x80070002

How do I repair or fix error 0x80070002: On attempting to install 10.0.26080.1300 the error after stalling at 8% is 0x80070002 so what is the problem and why has it only occured on this update. The previous update 10.0.26080.1100 also had a glitch when trying to shutdown as it acted just like a restart click on shut...
  9. my computer is stuck on preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer is stuck on preparing automatic repair: i have a hpcomputer and it will not stop going to the blue screen just need some assistance please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-stuck-on-preparing-automatic-repair/a89d2788-1b62-4e67-beb3-463e69a1c29f
  10. my computer is stuck on preparing automatic repair

my computer is stuck on preparing automatic repair: i have a hpcomputer and it will not stop going to the blue screen just need some assistance please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-stuck-on-preparing-automatic-repair/a89d2788-1b62-4e67-beb3-463e69a1c29f