Windows 10: "To run this application, you must first install one of the following versions of the .NET...

Discus and support "To run this application, you must first install one of the following versions of the .NET... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently decided to perform a system recovery on my desktop because I was unable to uninstall apps and the system was overall slower than usual.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bryan Javid, Apr 21, 2021.

1. "To run this application, you must first install one of the following versions of the .NET...

I recently decided to perform a system recovery on my desktop because I was unable to uninstall apps and the system was overall slower than usual.

After the system recovery was successful, Whenever I tried to open or install applications or programs, I would receive the following error :

"Please set the registry key

HKLM[COLOR=rgba17, 17, 17, 1]\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\InstallRoot to[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba17, 17, 17, 1]point[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba17, 17, 17, 1]to the .NET Framework install location"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba17, 17, 17, 1]After correcting this I started getting another error:[/COLOR]

"To run this application, you must first install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework:

v4.0.30319

Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework."

When I try to install the latest version of the .NET Framework, it says ".NET Framework 4.8 or a later update is already installed on the computer."

I've tried using Microsoft .NET Framework repair tool with no luck and spent hours searching up if there's a way to uninstall the .NET Framework and reinstall it and found nothing so I'm turning to the community for help.

Also I'm running on Windows 10.

:)

Bryan Javid, Apr 21, 2021
  2. Eric Ber Win User

getting error message' This application requires one of the following versions of the .NET framework: .NETFramework, Version = v4.5.2

Hi clareburns,

The .NET Framework is an integral part of many applications running on Windows and provides common functionality for those applications to run. The .NET Framework 4.5.2 is already pre-installed on your computer. For us to assist you better, kindly answer
    the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the Windows key, type winver, and press the Enter key.
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?

Meanwhile, I would suggest that you download and run the Microsoft .NET Framework Repair tool from this

link
    . The tool tries to resolve those issues by applying known fixes or by repairing the corrupted installations of the supported .NET Framework versions.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Eric Ber, Apr 21, 2021
  3. error 0x800F081F while installing .net 3.5 issue Win 10 x64

Hello Steebo,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

Please follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Sometimes, during an app installation, it needs a specific version of .NET Framework. In those cases, it might automatically install and activate that version. Is it the same in your case?

Also, are you trying to download and install .net framework because it is a pre-requisite for another application/program to run?

Now, 0x800F081F is one of the Windows update error codes users usually face. I suggest you to follow these steps to run the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter and check if it helps to identify any potential issue.

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Windows Update option from the list.
    • Click Next to run theTroubleshooter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 21, 2021
  4. niko084 Win User

"To run this application, you must first install one of the following versions of the .NET...

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

"To run this application, you must first install one of the following versions of the .NET...

1. "To run this application, you must first install one of the following versions of the .NET... - Similar Threads - run application must

2. When clicked Yes for pop up "To run this application, you must install .NET. Would you like...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When clicked Yes for pop up "To run this application, you must install .NET. Would you like...: My application needs ".NET 5.0 Desktop Runtime" to get executed and if this .net version is not available then the application gives pop up saying "To run this application, you must install .NET. Would you like to download it now?". If I Click on yes, it will open web page to...
  3. When clicked Yes for pop up "To run this application, you must install .NET. Would you like...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When clicked Yes for pop up "To run this application, you must install .NET. Would you like...: My application needs ".NET 5.0 Desktop Runtime" to get executed and if this .net version is not available then the application gives pop up saying "To run this application, you must install .NET. Would you like to download it now?". If I Click on yes, it will open web page to...
  4. Getting an error "To run this application, you first must install one of the following...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting an error "To run this application, you first must install one of the following...: I've tried the solutions at all these links. None have worked. what do i do. Please....
  5. Getting an error "To run this application, you first must install one of the following...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting an error "To run this application, you first must install one of the following...: I've tried the solutions at all these links. None have worked. what do i do. Please....
  6. To run this application, U must download one of the following .net versions: 4.0.30319

To run this application, U must download one of the following .net versions: 4.0.30319: HELP PLS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-run-this-application-u-must-download-one-of-the/40a90ef3-dcea-4dd2-a3fb-a1197cec6b7e
  7. You must install .NET 3.5 ?!

You must install .NET 3.5 ?!: Hello Guys, I had recently come across a strange problem: When ever I tried to Install 'Virtual-Tablet-Server' on my PC, it doesn't even install, it quits with a message saying "You must install .NET 3.5", even though I have had install .NET twice in my PC Uninstalled and...
  8. you first must install the following versions of the .NET framework: v4.0.3019

you first must install the following versions of the .NET framework: v4.0.3019: I did install net 4.8. But it still reminded me that need .Net Framework V4.0. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-first-must-install-the-following-versions-of/07da383e-b41e-461e-892e-828cf4d38918
  9. getting error message' This application requires one of the following versions of the .NET...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    getting error message' This application requires one of the following versions of the .NET...: trying to download garminexpress for new satnav - has allowed me to download but wont launch content above message received. Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers...
  10. getting error message' This application requires one of the following versions of the .NET...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    getting error message' This application requires one of the following versions of the .NET...: trying to download garminexpress for new satnav - has allowed me to download but wont launch content above message received....