Windows 10: To skip disk checking, press any key in # seconds

Discus and support To skip disk checking, press any key in # seconds in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been getting this on every start up. It checks my C drive which is an SSD. I let it run the check multiple times but it runs a few seconds and i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdityaPatel0149, Jun 30, 2020.

1. To skip disk checking, press any key in # seconds

I have been getting this on every start up. It checks my C drive which is an SSD. I let it run the check multiple times but it runs a few seconds and i get to log in screen. Also, checking disk and repair from properties>Tools>ErrorChecking says it found errors, but the Repair still doesn't take long and repairs nothing. I tried running command prompts to check my disk and they are contradicting each otheri guess?.
    it says my drive is dirty but running disk check gives me no bad reports.

C:\Windows\system32>fsutil dirty query C:
    Volume - C: is Dirty

C:\Windows\system32>chkdsk C:
    The type of the file system is NTFS.
    Volume label is Windows-SSD.

WARNING! /F parameter not specified.
    Running CHKDSK in read-only mode.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
    600576 file records processed.
    File verification completed.
    10451 large file records processed.
    0 bad file records processed.

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...
    1153 reparse records processed.
    769810 index entries processed.
    Index verification completed.
    0 unindexed files scanned.
    0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.
    1153 reparse records processed.

Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...
    Security descriptor verification completed.
    84618 data files processed.
    CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
    38243816 USN bytes processed.
    Usn Journal verification completed.

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
    No further action is required.

248751103 KB total disk space.
    224225360 KB in 344755 files.
    218512 KB in 84619 indexes.
    0 KB in bad sectors.
    716735 KB in use by the system.
    65536 KB occupied by the log file.
    23590496 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
    62187775 total allocation units on disk.
    5897624 allocation units available on disk.

:)

AdityaPatel0149, Jun 30, 2020

2. Windows 10 skips disk checking on startup

So when my computer starts up it says "Disk checking to skip press any key within 8 seconds" and then it turns black for a second then says it again. Then it goes to the lock screen. How do I make it so that it doesn't skip the disk checking?

qwertyasduf, Jun 30, 2020
  3. manofthem Win User
    Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, Jun 30, 2020
  4. nightgyr Win User

To skip disk checking, press any key in # seconds

Win10 Skipping disk check

I need help as I'm getting very frustrated.
    My D: drive (non system) keeps getting check on startup, I tried to use the 'chkntfs /x D:' to skip this but it doesn't work.

After a few forced resets, when I land the 'press any key to skip disk check in 8secs...' And when I do press a button, the countdown speeds up and goes straight to scanning and repairing. Wtf?

So frustrating! Now it's stuck at 4%. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

nightgyr, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

To skip disk checking, press any key in # seconds

1. To skip disk checking, press any key in # seconds - Similar Threads - skip disk checking

2. Windows booting up - Check disk, press any keys to skip

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows booting up - Check disk, press any keys to skip: I have no idea why does this appear, whenever I just boot up my laptop, it just always give me this and the checking mostly takes 40 minutes, why and any way to stop this?...
  3. Windows booting up - Check disk, press any keys to skip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows booting up - Check disk, press any keys to skip: I have no idea why does this appear, whenever I just boot up my laptop, it just always give me this and the checking mostly takes 40 minutes, why and any way to stop this?...
  4. Windows booting up - Check disk, press any keys to skip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD - Windows 10 Startup Message - To Skip Disk Checking, press any key in 8 seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BSOD - Windows 10 Startup Message - To Skip Disk Checking, press any key in 8 seconds: I have a HP HP ENVY X360 - 13-Y034cl and I had 4 BSODs in the last 6 months and when I restart it says "boot device not found". After a few attempts of restarting it boots fine. Every time I start the laptop it says "To Skip Disk Checking, press any key in 8 seconds" and even...
  6. BSOD - Windows 10 Startup Message - To Skip Disk Checking, press any key in 8 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - Windows 10 Startup Message - To Skip Disk Checking, press any key in 8 seconds: I have a HP HP ENVY X360 - 13-Y034cl and I had 4 BSODs in the last 6 months and when I restart it says "boot device not found". After a few attempts of restarting it boots fine. Every time I start the laptop it says "To Skip Disk Checking, press any key in 8 seconds" and even...
  7. BSOD - Windows 10 Startup Message - To Skip Disk Checking, press any key in 8 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. To skip disk checking press any key within 8 sec

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    To skip disk checking press any key within 8 sec: While starting windows i got above message everytime how to solve this/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-skip-disk-checking-press-any-key-within-8-sec/3945e584-5cbe-4656-8d3a-3d69f9e02f53
  9. to skip disk checking press any key within 10 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    to skip disk checking press any key within 10 seconds: windowsu her başlattığımda to skip disk checking press any key within 10 seconds yazısı ekrana geliyor herhangi bir tuşa basmadan beklememe rağmen süre bitince windows otomatik açılıyor...
  10. "to skip disk checking press any key" pops up on every boot up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "to skip disk checking press any key" pops up on every boot up: I installed a new SSD 860 QVO 2TB, and cloned my old SSD 250 GB with windows on it to my new one, and have them both installed. I then formatted the old one, and boot from the new one no problem. While using my computer, there seems to be no issues. To fix the disk checking...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. to skip disk checking press any key within 8 seconds