Windows 10: To Specify Display Resolution for a specific program

Discus and support To Specify Display Resolution for a specific program in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am running a software package that requires a much lower resolution and would only like to run just that program with that setting. How can I change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Michael W. Stefansky, Jan 15, 2020.

1. To Specify Display Resolution for a specific program

I am running a software package that requires a much lower resolution and would only like to run just that program with that setting. How can I change the properties to open that way?

:)

Michael W. Stefansky, Jan 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 low resolution in program

Hi Xiyuan,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Is your system up to date?
    Install if there are nay pending updates through Windows updates before performing below step.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the display driver then try to change the screen resolution.

Follow the steps given below to uninstall and reinstall the display drivers.

• Press Windows key +
      X
      and select Device Manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the display Adapters and select Uninstall.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer to download the latest display adapters.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Display resolution keeps changing

Hi Rick,

It might be caused by a faulty driver that's why your display resolution keeps changing. We
    suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the display driver, see steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.
    • For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right click your graphics card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Robert11 Win User

To Specify Display Resolution for a specific program

Setting Display Resolution selectively: Possible ?

Hello,

I have a program that shows an "active" screen.
    With my eyesight these days, a bit of a problem in reading it, due to its size.

Came across a good suggestion that to make it appear larger, to lower the display resolution.

Question: is this possible selectively, just for this one program and the higher
    resolution would remain for all the other programs, or it's a Global setting, an all-or-nothing ?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
    (There are no "handles," etc. to drag the display that is showing larger)

Thanks,
    Bob

Robert11, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

To Specify Display Resolution for a specific program

1. To Specify Display Resolution for a specific program - Similar Threads - Specify Display Resolution

2. specify specific virtual desktop to open on specific monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    specify specific virtual desktop to open on specific monitor: What I want to do is: I have setup 3 virtual desktops, and I have 3 monitors - my laptop, 1 viewsonic and 1 hanns monitors. So I want to have each desktop assigned to specific monitor always. When I switch to that desktop, it should automatically open on the assigned monitor....
  3. Any way to have custom resolution on a specific program?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any way to have custom resolution on a specific program?: I have an application not from Microsoft store that always runs at a lower resolution than my actual monitor's resolution. There are no options to change this within the application, and I already run on the highest resolution windows will allow. Is there any way to force the...
  4. How do I turn down the resolution for a specific program.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I turn down the resolution for a specific program.: I recently got a 4k monitor, and unfortunately this caused my already not powerful laptop to run my games (Valorant in this case) even slower than before. I'm wondering if there's a way to make my laptop run specifically Valorant in a lower resolution, but then keep...
  5. Program Resolution

Program Resolution: I'm having an issue with a specific program that will not run in full screen mode. I've tried going into the properties on the program changing the high DPI settings changing the color profile and changing Windows overall resolution to try to get it to work and no matter what...
  6. How do I specify a custom display resolution in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How do I specify a custom display resolution in Windows 10?: First of all, this question is about inputting a display resolution that doesn't exist on any physical monitor like e.g. 1234x5678, not about picking from the dropdown list. Secondly, no help from the (barebones) graphics driver can be expected here. Everything must be done...
  7. specific screen resolutions for specific programs

specific screen resolutions for specific programs: on previous versions of windows, one could choose the screen resolution for specific programs or apps. I cant find it in windows10, all I can find in it's place is one screen resolution option "640 x 480" and after a long time of searching for other ways to do this, it's too...
  8. can I adjust display resolution for specific program

can I adjust display resolution for specific program: I generally use the recommended display resolution (1920 X 1080). However there is one program I have where that resolution is unsatisfactory. So I have to always change that resolution, and then change it back when I am done with that program. Is there any way to set...
  9. How can I change the resolution for a specific program?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change the resolution for a specific program?: My default resolution is 1920x1260 but I have one program that runs best at 1260x1028. How can I set it up so the resolution changes when I run that program then changes back when it ends? 71143
  10. Restoring display resolution after exiting program

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Restoring display resolution after exiting program: My son plays an old game that changes the display resolution from 1366 x 768 to "640 x ?" during the game. The problem is that on exiting the game the screen remains at that low resolution. He is too young to restore the display resolution and someone else needs to do it for...