Windows 10: To update my email address for my Microsoft Account I get locked out for 30 days ????

Discus and support To update my email address for my Microsoft Account I get locked out for 30 days ???? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; To update my email address for my Microsoft Account I get locked out for 30 days ???? My old email address with Bell Canada is defunct so I can't sign... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ExErinInnKeeper, Dec 5, 2020.

1. To update my email address for my Microsoft Account I get locked out for 30 days ????

To update my email address for my Microsoft Account I get locked out for 30 days ????

My old email address with Bell Canada is defunct so I can't sign in to my Home Network to WIFI connect a Printer.

Do I really have to wait 30 flippin' days to get authorized again. Please tell me there is a more reasonable approach ?

P.S. don't try to email me as that address xx.sympatico is non-operational until I can get access to change it.

Thanks for any replies,

Jim

:)

ExErinInnKeeper, Dec 5, 2020

2. Locked out of account for 30 days with Lumia phone

I have just updated my windows 10 Lumia 550. All of the apps are ghosted and I believe I've got to sync my account. I have tried this with the *** Email address is removed for privacy *** email address. I am then asked to provide an alternative email address linked to the account, that
    I have not used in years.

I then changed my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** alternative address to an email account that I use and find that I am locked out for 30 days, thus making my phone useless for 30 days as well. Has anyone else had this infuriating problem?

BuildingDesign, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Unable to update Windows account details for 30 days

Original Title - Windows Account

Why is this system so complicated and so difficult to use. The system suggested I check my account details when logging into my Outlook account and so, like an idiot i did. Now, it has stopped me checking any of my account details for 30 days - WHY? After
    going round in circles trying to find the right suggested answers to my question (I'd like to actually talk to someone as oppose to converse with an idiotic server somewhere in lack-of-commonsenseland) I finally found an option to cancel the suggested secondary
    email address but, to do this, it has to send an email to my old secondary email address i.e. one I do not have access to. Bloody useless and a waste of my time as the whole point is.......I DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO MY SECONDARY EMAIL ADDRESS. I suppose I'll
    now have to wait 30 days to see if it locks me out for another 30 days and so on and so on. Rant over, it will soon be Christmas. Any way around this?

SimonFrearson, Dec 5, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

To update my email address for my Microsoft Account I get locked out for 30 days ????

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

1. To update my email address for my Microsoft Account I get locked out for 30 days ???? - Similar Threads - update email address

2. I want to change my Microsoft Account email address to my current email address.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change my Microsoft Account email address to my current email address.: The problem is the website will not let me add my current email address, saying, "this address is already taken. Choose another." It will not let me remove my current Microsoft Account email address. My current Microsoft Account email address will soon be invalid. The...
  3. I want to change my Microsoft Account email address to my current email address.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to change my Microsoft Account email address to my current email address.: The problem is the website will not let me add my current email address, saying, "this address is already taken. Choose another." It will not let me remove my current Microsoft Account email address. My current Microsoft Account email address will soon be invalid. The...
  4. How can I update my email address on my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I update my email address on my Microsoft account?: I no longer have access to the email address connected to my Microsoft account but have not been able to change it. Microsoft settings say I need to put in a new alias before I can remove the old alias. Idk if it’s an alias but it’s just my email address on my account but...
  5. Someone hacked into my Microsoft account, changed the email address, and locked me out of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Someone hacked into my Microsoft account, changed the email address, and locked me out of...: As the title says someone hacked into my account. This happened a week ago now, but I'm still having all kinds of troubles.A week ago, I woke up to a strange email stating that someone logged into my Microsoft account. The login happened in Bulgaria. Sadly this might be hard...
  6. Someone hacked into my Microsoft account, changed the email address, and locked me out of...

Someone hacked into my Microsoft account, changed the email address, and locked me out of...: As the title says someone hacked into my account. This happened a week ago now, but I'm still having all kinds of troubles.A week ago, I woke up to a strange email stating that someone logged into my Microsoft account. The login happened in Bulgaria. Sadly this might be hard...
  7. Trying to get bitlocker key but Microsoft has locked me out of account for 30 days!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to get bitlocker key but Microsoft has locked me out of account for 30 days!!: I am trying to get a bitlocker key for my surface pro 3 that was destroyed after a windows update. SO I try to log in to my account to get the key only it forces me to enter a security code. I enter the details for it to send me the security code. It doesn't arrive. I see...
  8. Account locked for 30 days and Microsoft security update invalidated my pin.

Account locked for 30 days and Microsoft security update invalidated my pin.: On September 18, 2020 I changed my phone number, as I had gotten a new phone, and discovered this setting one day. Thinking I was doing the right thing in updating my information on my Microsoft account, I changed the phone number. After all, the old phone, along with the...
  9. My email address will not receive security codes Microsoft has locked me out of my account...

My email address will not receive security codes Microsoft has locked me out of my account...: While attempting to change my contact information on my Microsoft account, it prompted me for a security code. By the way, my password is correct and I have signed in on this computer hundreds of times before. The only email that was associated with my account will not...
  10. Locked out of account after August 30 Microsoft update.

Locked out of account after August 30 Microsoft update.: I share a computer with my husband. After the update his account still works, but mine doesn't. I thought I was the Administrator. From the login screen, I enter the password, it spins for a minute and comes right back to login screen. I get on his, check the task manager,...