Windows 10: To upgrade or wait?

Discus and support To upgrade or wait? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I currently own VMware Workstation Pro 14. I am aware that VMware Workstation Pro 15.5 is out. Would anyone have a clue on when VMware Workstation Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Danielx64, May 28, 2020.

1. Danielx64 Win User

To upgrade or wait?

I currently own VMware Workstation Pro 14. I am aware that VMware Workstation Pro 15.5 is out. Would anyone have a clue on when VMware Workstation Pro 16 would be released? I can't decide if I should upgrade to 15.5 now or wait for 16 and then upgrade? I believe that you can only upgrade from the last 2 major versions so I know that when/if 16 comes out I would want to pay the upgrade price and not full price.

:)

Danielx64, May 28, 2020
  2. erocker Win User

Fit's current machine... always changing

I'm just waiting for evga to list them for a step-up! Looks killer fits.

erocker, May 29, 2020
  3. swarfega Win User
    preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, May 29, 2020
  4. To upgrade or wait?

Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, May 29, 2020
Thema:

To upgrade or wait?

1. To upgrade or wait? - Similar Threads - upgrade wait

2. PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU: So i just upgrade from ryzen 5 3400G to ryzen 5 5500, before i replace the CPU i updated the BIOS. at first boot it works perfectly fine and suddenly the pc restart itself with no BSOD, i try to find out the problem using the event viewer but the only critical error is...
  3. i cannot upgrade my windows from 10 to 11 it shows an error or stuck in please wait screen...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cannot upgrade my windows from 10 to 11 it shows an error or stuck in please wait screen...: my pc meets the requirements for upgrading windows 10 to 11 but i cant it shows an error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-upgrade-my-windows-from-10-to-11-it-shows/bc5a2f1c-03e2-4356-827a-9967380277e0
  4. i cannot upgrade my windows from 10 to 11 it shows an error or stuck in please wait screen...

i cannot upgrade my windows from 10 to 11 it shows an error or stuck in please wait screen...: my pc meets the requirements for upgrading windows 10 to 11 but i cant it shows an error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-upgrade-my-windows-from-10-to-11-it-shows/bc5a2f1c-03e2-4356-827a-9967380277e0
  5. i cannot upgrade my windows from 10 to 11 it shows an error or stuck in please wait screen...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Do windows users, should upgrade to : Windows 11 or wait for Wins 12,.?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do windows users, should upgrade to : Windows 11 or wait for Wins 12,.?: As every windows user knows. The count-Down to End the Windows 10 Support - The deadline to October 25th 2023 Started up .. is only 27 Months remain : Do am I right,.? Would you upgrade to Wins 11 : if Msoft removes the software limitations and any PC with "Wins 10" qualify...
  7. Do windows users, should upgrade to : Windows 11 or wait for Wins 12,.?

Do windows users, should upgrade to : Windows 11 or wait for Wins 12,.?: As every windows user knows. The count-Down to End the Windows 10 Support - The deadline to October 25th 2023 Started up .. is only 27 Months remain : Do am I right,.? Would you upgrade to Wins 11 : if Msoft removes the software limitations and any PC with "Wins 10" qualify...
  8. Should I upgrade to Windows 10 October 2018 Update Now or Wait or Not?

Should I upgrade to Windows 10 October 2018 Update Now or Wait or Not?: I’m contemplating whether I should upgrade to Windows 10 1709 or not. Should I? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/should-i-upgrade-to-windows-10-october-2018-update/2fee7b36-2d56-4d2a-b41c-97ac7d5f916f
  9. Free Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 - still waiting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 - still waiting: My wife finally cracked and asked me to get her Laptop upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 for free - it was July 27. Clicked on the white windows upgrade icon in the system tray and was advised that the upgrade had been reserved/confirmed. I'm not usually impatient and I guess...
  10. Still waiting for Windows 10 Upgrade.

Still waiting for Windows 10 Upgrade.: Hi, It has been almost a month now since i have reserved my copy of windows 10. When i click on the icon all i get to see is "Your upgrade is reserved there's nothing you need to do right now". I reserved a copy on my brothers PC around 3 days ago and he's one is already...