Windows 10: To Upgrade Storage

Discus and support To Upgrade Storage in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I am Yeasin, using HP Probook 450 G4 which has storage of HDD 1 TB. Now I want to add Samsung 860 EVO 250GB 2.5 Inch Sata SSD. Can I use both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Yeasin1904, Nov 21, 2019.

1. To Upgrade Storage

Hi I am Yeasin, using HP Probook 450 G4 which has storage of HDD 1 TB.

Now I want to add Samsung 860 EVO 250GB 2.5 Inch Sata SSD.

Can I use both drive at a time or I have to remove HDD to add SSD ?

To Upgrade Storage 99677e0d-4aa6-4843-b81c-6d21b4e0a3fd?upload=true.png

:)

Yeasin1904, Nov 21, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes in BIOS?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to update Storage controller drivers and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Storage controller.

• Right click on the driver and Update the drivers.

Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 21, 2019
  3. swarfega Win User
    preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Nov 21, 2019
  4. To Upgrade Storage

Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

To Upgrade Storage

1. To Upgrade Storage - Similar Threads - Upgrade Storage

2. Why is my computer not showing purchased upgraded OneDrive storage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer not showing purchased upgraded OneDrive storage?: Went over by 1.4 gb while Onedrive was syncing/backing up. I went to upgrade and decided to get the 100 gb upgrade. However, Everytime I boot up my computer i'm still getting the sync error that i'm over the 5gb and i'm not seeing any extra storage. Has anyone dealt with...
  3. Why is my computer not showing purchased upgraded OneDrive storage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my computer not showing purchased upgraded OneDrive storage?: Went over by 1.4 gb while Onedrive was syncing/backing up. I went to upgrade and decided to get the 100 gb upgrade. However, Everytime I boot up my computer i'm still getting the sync error that i'm over the 5gb and i'm not seeing any extra storage. Has anyone dealt with...
  4. Can I upgrade the STORAGE and RAM of my HP Chromebook 11 G5 EE?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I upgrade the STORAGE and RAM of my HP Chromebook 11 G5 EE?: I have a 500 GB and 1TB HDD and some extra RAM, just wondering if I can upgrade my HP Chromebook 11 G5 EE with it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-upgrade-the-storage-and-ram-of-my-hp/d0769f27-c369-4b03-aa12-968bd62bc494
  5. Can I upgrade the STORAGE and RAM of my HP Chromebook 11 G5 EE?

Can I upgrade the STORAGE and RAM of my HP Chromebook 11 G5 EE?: I have a 500 GB and 1TB HDD and some extra RAM, just wondering if I can upgrade my HP Chromebook 11 G5 EE with it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-upgrade-the-storage-and-ram-of-my-hp/d0769f27-c369-4b03-aa12-968bd62bc494
  6. Can I upgrade the STORAGE and RAM of my HP Chromebook 11 G5 EE?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Why Settings and Task Manager have different storage sizes after i upgraded an internal SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Settings and Task Manager have different storage sizes after i upgraded an internal SSD?: As you guys can see, i already upgraded my SSD to 1 TB, meanwhile the old SSD is around 220 GB. I cloned the old storage to new storage. After that, i try to check my Task Manager and my File Explorer, it does not change the Capacity size....
  8. Why Settings and Task Manager have different storage sizes after i upgraded an internal SSD?

Why Settings and Task Manager have different storage sizes after i upgraded an internal SSD?: As you guys can see, i already upgraded my SSD to 1 TB, meanwhile the old SSD is around 220 GB. I cloned the old storage to new storage. After that, i try to check my Task Manager and my File Explorer, it does not change the Capacity size....
  9. Windows will expire soon error after ssd storage upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows will expire soon error after ssd storage upgrade: I recently upgraded my SSD storage from 512 to 1TB on my Windows 10 laptop, but after that, it says the license key will expire soon. What should I do? But it is a lifetime access license...
  10. 1TB Cloud storage upgrade but still shows 5gb

1TB Cloud storage upgrade but still shows 5gb: I just upgraded to 1TB cloud storage but still show only 5gb. Do I have multiple accounts? If so, how do i combine or delete the old accounts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1tb-cloud-storage-upgrade-but-still-shows-5gb/1ea951e5-df40-4cc4-8e81-cd84f3d43bcc