Windows 10: To use System Restore you must specify which Windows installation to restore

Discus and support To use System Restore you must specify which Windows installation to restore in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]There are situations where you need to perform the System Restore operation. But at times you may face an error – To use System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 2, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

To use System Restore you must specify which Windows installation to restore

WinClub, Apr 2, 2019

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Apr 2, 2019
  3. booner Win User
    system restore, no cd

hi, is it possible to do a system restore on xp without the cd? i was told that it was possible to download a tool to do a restore.
    Reason i want to do this is my pc says all that ' not genuine windows' and ' pc could be at risk', type stuff, which im sure is down to some malware on my pc, and just wondered if a restore would aid removal of this malware?

booner, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Pinchy Win User

windows xp duel boot with vista restore points

Turn off system restore in XP altogether...or if you dont want to, AsRocks suggestion should work :\

Pinchy, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

1. To use System Restore you must specify which Windows installation to restore - Similar Threads - System Restore must

2. What is the use of System Restore?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the use of System Restore?: What is the use of system restore? What are the benefits? And is it worth creating a restore point? I read that disabling it may increase the performance of my SSD....
  3. What is the use of System Restore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the use of System Restore?: What is the use of system restore? What are the benefits? And is it worth creating a restore point? I read that disabling it may increase the performance of my SSD....
  4. Problem using System Restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem using System Restore: himy System Restore just keeps on searching drives and i can not make a restore point of C:how can i fix it ?thank you so much[Original Title: System Restore] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-using-system-restore/a8cf5572-0ba5-4cb5-be77-402fa5aa2518
  5. Use System Image restore

Use System Image restore: I had done a fresh install around middle of May. Kept MS out of it during install. Result was Administrator Account which I later hid, Me as Administrator local, Tester local, and Me with MS account. Setup backups and SR and C as system, D as programs, and E as data. A few...
  6. You must enable system protection on this drive – System Restore error

in Windows 10 News
    You must enable system protection on this drive – System Restore error: [ATTACH]If when you try to perform System Restore in Windows 10/8/7, and you receive the You must enable system protection on this drive status error […] This article You must enable system protection on this drive – System Restore error first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  7. System restore point has a status claiming that you must enable system protection on this drive

System restore point has a status claiming that you must enable system protection on this drive: I've seen a lot of unusual problems over the past few decades, but this one is new. A Windows 10 system that will not boot, has restore points, but on selecting one, I get a status claiming that "you must enable system protection on this drive". This isn't an error once...
  8. Can not perform a system recovery because "you must specify which Windows installation to...

Can not perform a system recovery because "you must specify which Windows installation to...: Hi, I need to perform a system recovery because I was foolish enough to follow the support advice on this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/968132/usb-devices-may-stop-functioning-correctly-when-multiple-devices-conne and uninstalled the USB root hub. However...
  9. Restore System using restore point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore System using restore point: Hello, Had to use a recent restore point. Started the restore, made a list what will be affected, and it started. After waiting about 25 minutes I got an error notice that restore was not succesful because of anti virus (?). The only antivirus on my system is windows...
  10. Must use system restore when reboot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Must use system restore when reboot: Latest Asus Bios update, Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.192. Users files are located on my D: drive. When the computer is shut down the message "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer" is displayed. When rebooting the process stops at the lockscreen and USB...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system restore to use you must specify which

2. rstrui to use system restore you must specify which windows

3. to restore this computer you must specify which windows installation

4. to use system restore you must specify which