Windows 10: "to use this app, you'll need a device with more features."

Discus and support "to use this app, you'll need a device with more features." in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I'm trying to download Minecraft but it keeps saying "to use this app, you'll need a device with more features." My os in 64 bit and my processor... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Raees007, May 6, 2020.

1. Raees007 Win User

"to use this app, you'll need a device with more features."

I'm trying to download Minecraft but it keeps saying "to use this app, you'll need a device with more features."

My os in 64 bit and my processor is 64 bit as well I think it should work, my ram is also 2 GB

:)

Raees007, May 6, 2020

2. "To use this app, you'll need a device with more features."

Hi Mark,

Thank you for getting back to us with the requested information. We apologize for the delay in response,

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check for status.

• Power down the device.
    • Remove the battery.
    • Insert the battery after some time.
    • Restart the device and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 6, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done "to use this app, you'll need a device with more features." :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, May 6, 2020
  4. "to use this app, you'll need a device with more features."

How to remove all entries in windows 10 Optional Feature History

Hello,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Settings > System, and select Apps & features from the left side.
    • Click on the Manage optional features link.
    • To remove an app or a feature, select the feature and click on the Uninstall button.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, May 6, 2020
Thema:

"to use this app, you'll need a device with more features."

1. "to use this app, you'll need a device with more features." - Similar Threads - app you'll need

2. "You'll need to ask to use this app" and then "ask to use" black hole

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You'll need to ask to use this app" and then "ask to use" black hole: I just set up a new computer for my daughter. I went through the Microsoft Family setup process and disabled most of the security features. I tried downloading and installing Chrome and an error pops up that reads: "You'll need to ask to use this app." I then click "ask to...
  3. "You'll need to ask to use this app" and then "ask to use" black hole

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You'll need to ask to use this app" and then "ask to use" black hole: I just set up a new computer for my daughter. I went through the Microsoft Family setup process and disabled most of the security features. I tried downloading and installing Chrome and an error pops up that reads: "You'll need to ask to use this app." I then click "ask to...
  4. "You'll need to ask to use this app" and then "ask to use" black hole

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. You'll need a new app to open this

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    You'll need a new app to open this: How to turn off this pop up [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youll-need-a-new-app-to-open-this/dd55ff4b-ccf0-4604-985d-379f6892ec63
  6. I cant install in the store minecraft because "to use this app you'll need a device with...

I cant install in the store minecraft because "to use this app you'll need a device with...: I cant install in the store minecraft because "to use this app you'll need a device with more features", my pc is updated and has 64bits. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-install-in-the-store-minecraft-because-to/80b43ce1-a24d-4047-b55b-dc6782ce8413
  7. To use this app you'll need a device with more features problem

To use this app you'll need a device with more features problem: Install button greyed out I bought a game called minecraft for windows 10 and after purchasing it I gone to microsoft store The install button was greyed out and it was saying"to use this app you'll need a device with more features " I do know that this problem was...
  8. you'll need a new app to open this

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    you'll need a new app to open this: Just got update to Windows 10. Trying to read some of the tips, but every time I click on ANYTHING it gives me the message "you'll need a new app to open this" but I can't seem to get the app, whatever app it is. When I click onFeedback I get the same message. I'm looking...
  9. You'll need a new app to open this ...

in Windows 10 Support
    You'll need a new app to open this ...: How do I disable this when launching games? 117704
  10. "You'll need a new app to open this..."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You'll need a new app to open this...": Hi all, my first post! I recently installed "WhatsApp" on my laptop (running Windows 10). Soon thereafter I started getting the following behavior: When opening a new tab in Firefox (54.0.1, 32-bit), I'd get a little popup that says "You'll need a new app to open this...