Windows 10: To whomever at MS decided to kill the Briefcase .... well ... has anybody anywhere

Discus and support To whomever at MS decided to kill the Briefcase .... well ... has anybody anywhere in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; been smart enough to come up with an exact replica of the Briefcase? Am very angry right now at having lost some content tonight that I wouldn't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JayBird9, Mar 31, 2019.

1. JayBird9 Win User

To whomever at MS decided to kill the Briefcase .... well ... has anybody anywhere

been smart enough to come up with an exact replica of the Briefcase? Am very angry right now at having lost some content tonight that I wouldn't have lost had not smug designers/programmers not killed the Briefcase. Somebody somewhere has to be able to replicate it. To be honest, I'd pay for it. It was perfect, except it wasn't complex enough apparently for people in charge.

I use FreeFileSync, which isn't the same as not needing a connection. And there was a hiccup with the laptop, flash drive, and a file that didn't take and I've lost and can't find, and am really mad. Windows 10 in general - it flat killed one computer of mine - has not been a positive.

Have been extremely frustrated for a few years now about the Briefcase, and if I had the skills, I'd build a Briefcase for free and give it a certain name that, well, never mind. MS would be stunned at how many people used it.

I'd be happy with a Briefcase that had ads or something, anything. Allegedly smart people don't get why the Briefcase was efficient. Noooo, the Cloud, etc. isn't the same thing.

:)

JayBird9, Mar 31, 2019

2. Briefcase

I am using Windows10 and became since last week after updating the Briefcase is not working. During search, learned that MS has completely done away with 'Briefcase' feature from Windows10. But, some are suggesting that it can be back with some
    registry thing and giving some links for those files to be downloaded. Can I do that?

Looking for answer.

Regards,

K.J.M.Ibrahim, Mar 31, 2019
  3. synch Briefcase files

Hi,

Briefcase is a special folder in the Windows operating system that supports a simple file synchronization between itself and another folder. However, this is no longer available in Windows 10. You can consider using alternative options such as using OneDrive.
    Just store anything on your OneDrive folder and it's automatically available on your other devices that are synchronized to your OneDrive account.

Regarding your concern about Windows briefcase, we need additional details so that we can provide the next steps you can take to resolve the issue. Kindly provide the answers to the questions below:

• How did you enable the briefcase option in your Windows 10 computer?
    • How do you usually access the briefcase folder in your computer?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 do you have installed.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Mar 31, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

To whomever at MS decided to kill the Briefcase .... well ... has anybody anywhere

briefcase alternatives for creator

Hi, sorry your briefcase was stolen. *chuckle

I suggest the following with no guarantee as to whether it works (I can't try it in the CU as I use the AU).
    The relevant reg file is provided as a zipped download.
    Further, if it works now, there's no guarantee it would continue to do so in future builds.

How to add the Briefcase feature in Windows 10 - Winaero

Add Briefcase to New Context Menu in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials
    Confirms

dalchina, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

1. To whomever at MS decided to kill the Briefcase .... well ... has anybody anywhere - Similar Threads - whomever decided kill

2. Windows "Briefcase"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows "Briefcase": Is there any way of getting the briefcase feature back in windows 10? as it was very useful and much preferred over using any online cloud synchronisation systems. I do not understand why this feature has been removed, it feels like a step backwards when features like this...
  3. Has anybody seen this before?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has anybody seen this before?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Esperuz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvvzaj/has_anybody_seen_this_before/
  4. Windows has decided that it won't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows has decided that it won't work: Problem: Hey there I am having some issues with Windows right now and it is genuinely making me want to destroy my pc my registry has been corrupted which means I can't open any windows app (reg,command or anything else What I tried: I have tried doing a fresh reset on the pc...
  5. Briefcase

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Briefcase: HOw do you get the Briefcase back! That's all I want. PLease. Just the Briefcase. Makes it so much easier to store files for me. I have just reinstalled Windows 10 within the Last 4-6 months. Is their any way I can get the Briefcase feature back in the filing...
  6. Has MS killed Windows 7 Internet Backgammon? 0x80041006

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has MS killed Windows 7 Internet Backgammon? 0x80041006: This is one of my favorite games but for the last week or two I keep getting the 0x80041006 error that would appear but then get cleaned up after a few days. This has been a long hiatus. Hope they do not kill it. The optional games they have are not nearly as good....
  7. briefcase

briefcase: I have tried the video to add briefcase to the reg but still not working. any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/briefcase/70c3e7f8-f53b-4ce2-8507-e317e299a9f1"
  8. BriefCase

BriefCase: I do a lot of moving around so I use a USB drive to carry some of my folders with me. From past experience I used the "Briefcase folder" As I was looking to synchronize my USB Drive with my computer that is a windows 10 operating system with an intel core processor I5 , I...
  9. Windows Briefcase Feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Briefcase Feature: While there are many ways to sync files in Windows 10, some may be accustomed to Windows Briefcase Feature. Personally I've never used it, but, if you wish to restore, (or remove), the feature, copy the following code(s) into Notepad and save as a .reg file. Restore...
  10. briefcase alternatives for creator

in Windows 10 Support
    briefcase alternatives for creator: Been usinig briefcase for years. No cloud access at work. Thumbdrive is the solution. No longer works with Creator update. Wondering what people are using [if anything] with Creator. Please point me in the right direction. Creator update was quite smooth. Had to abandon it...