Windows 10: Today all normal configs are gone.

Discus and support Today all normal configs are gone. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Everything has been moved to a C:\Users\TEMP folder. When I copy files back to This PC's c: drive (i.e. Documents, Downloads) the files are being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jeff Evoy, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Jeff Evoy Win User

Today all normal configs are gone.

Everything has been moved to a C:\Users\TEMP folder. When I copy files back to This PC's c: drive (i.e. Documents, Downloads) the files are being synchronized with the TEMP folder files. I don't see any update history - any idea what happened here? Is there some kind of sharing going on now?

:)

Jeff Evoy, Dec 2, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 2, 2019
  3. imacken Win User
    Windows 10 has almost completely stopped working today!

OK, I'm in a mess!
    Today, my Windows 10 install has gone crazy! It will (eventually) boot to desktop, but immediately gives error about 'c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop' is not available.......
    Nothing is working, there are no normal icons on the task bar, it is not validated, I can't type anything in, etc.
    It responds to taps on trackpad, but takes about 2 minutes before anything comes up.
    Can anyone suggest what on earth has happened and how I should start to resolve this?
    Thanks.

imacken, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Today all normal configs are gone.

Windows 10 My Favourites list is gone!

I have loaded up Windows 10 and my favourites list is gone. This is pretty frustrating as I had a big list of favourites built up over a couple of years for work and my own personal browsing. I tried the adive offered by Krishna to Maggie in the forum which
    was:

"I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps to restore the favourites.

• Click This PC
    • Type %userprofile% into the Address bar
    • Press Enter on your keyboard
    • Right click the Favorites folder
    • Click Properties
    • Click Previous Versions
    • Wait for the list of previous versions to load
    • Select a version that was before you lost the files/folders
    • Click Restore."
    When I got to step 6 my previous versions list showed only today. Surely the loading of Windows 10 has not wiped out my Favourites? What can I do from here?

Daren

[*]

[*]

DarenO'Neill, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Today all normal configs are gone.

1. Today all normal configs are gone. - Similar Threads - Today normal configs

2. ALL MY APPOINTMENTS ARE GONE!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ALL MY APPOINTMENTS ARE GONE!!: How do i get my calendar back?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-appointments-are-gone/aec41676-a5eb-4f8d-b8c3-5c1a6a1212a2
  3. Windows update sound gone and outlook task gone in the outlook Today

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update sound gone and outlook task gone in the outlook Today: is there more to be said? can't stop these damn updates. we are **** ginny pigs for Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-sound-gone-and-outlook-task-gone-in/df65fe7f-8142-460c-8a6a-21baf0e0d55b
  4. My windows explorer keeps crashing today for the first time, but has gone on all day. I...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows explorer keeps crashing today for the first time, but has gone on all day. I...: Source Windows Explorer Summary Stopped working Date ‎2/‎22/‎2019 5:45 PM Status Report sent Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: explorer.exe Application Version: 10.0.17763.107...
  5. Today I updated and all my files in Documents are gone!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Today I updated and all my files in Documents are gone!: Go backI had already gone back an update, via Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Go back to an earlier build section > Get started button. This didn't fix it. What are my options to retrieve the files?...
  6. Hibernation function gone - Normal restore method not working

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Hibernation function gone - Normal restore method not working: Hello, On my ASUS T200TA running windows 10 x64 bit, I have encountered the problem that the hibernation function disappeared after updating to windows 10 from windows 8. The normal method (as presented in the tutorial on this very forum) to restore the function,...
  7. photos in contacts all gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos in contacts all gone: Within the last week or so, all of my photos associated with my contacts have been deleted. It's also missing on outlook.com. What might have caused such an issue and how can I get them back? I'm on Windows 10 version 1607 (os build 14393.351) 68646
  8. All icons are gone (everywhere)

in Windows 10 Support
    All icons are gone (everywhere): Hi, something really weird happened after I restarted my computer. The icons in my desktop, folders, etc (everywhere) are gone. (see the pictures) [img] [img] I rebooted a bunch of times and even did a system restore but it's still not displaying any of the icons....
  9. photos in contacts all gone

in Windows 10 Support
    photos in contacts all gone: Within the last week or so, all of my photos associated with my contacts have been deleted. It's also missing on outlook.com. What might have caused such an issue and how can I get them back? I'm on Windows 10 version 1607 (os build 14393.351) 69003
  10. Desktop Icons all gone?

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons all gone?: I have the latest update of Win 10... Booted computer this morning and all of my desktop icons are gone. Could anyone help me find them? *Smile The desktop now defaults to a Win10 desktop but when I go to "desktop" there is nothing there. All help appreciated. wayne 53950