Windows 10: Today all normal configs are gone.

Discus and support Today all normal configs are gone. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Everything has been moved to a C:\Users\TEMP folder. When I copy files back to This PC's c: drive (i.e. Documents, Downloads) the files are being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jeff Evoy, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Jeff Evoy Win User

Today all normal configs are gone.

Everything has been moved to a C:\Users\TEMP folder. When I copy files back to This PC's c: drive (i.e. Documents, Downloads) the files are being synchronized with the TEMP folder files. I don't see any update history - any idea what happened here? Is there some kind of sharing going on now?

:)

Jeff Evoy, Dec 2, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 2, 2019
  3. imacken Win User
    Windows 10 has almost completely stopped working today!

OK, I'm in a mess!
    Today, my Windows 10 install has gone crazy! It will (eventually) boot to desktop, but immediately gives error about 'c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop' is not available.......
    Nothing is working, there are no normal icons on the task bar, it is not validated, I can't type anything in, etc.
    It responds to taps on trackpad, but takes about 2 minutes before anything comes up.
    Can anyone suggest what on earth has happened and how I should start to resolve this?
    Thanks.

imacken, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Today all normal configs are gone.

Windows 10 My Favourites list is gone!

I have loaded up Windows 10 and my favourites list is gone. This is pretty frustrating as I had a big list of favourites built up over a couple of years for work and my own personal browsing. I tried the adive offered by Krishna to Maggie in the forum which
    was:

"I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps to restore the favourites.

• Click This PC
    • Type %userprofile% into the Address bar
    • Press Enter on your keyboard
    • Right click the Favorites folder
    • Click Properties
    • Click Previous Versions
    • Wait for the list of previous versions to load
    • Select a version that was before you lost the files/folders
    • Click Restore."
    When I got to step 6 my previous versions list showed only today. Surely the loading of Windows 10 has not wiped out my Favourites? What can I do from here?

Daren

[*]

[*]

DarenO'Neill, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Today all normal configs are gone.

1. Today all normal configs are gone. - Similar Threads - Today normal configs

2. Files all gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files all gone: One drive files deleted and also gone from my computer! The one drive recycle bin only had a few! All of my photos and videos are gone!!! Please help me get them back. They are mostly of my granddaughter who is now deceased!!!...
  3. Files all gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files all gone: One drive files deleted and also gone from my computer! The one drive recycle bin only had a few! All of my photos and videos are gone!!! Please help me get them back. They are mostly of my granddaughter who is now deceased!!!...
  4. All photos gone??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All photos gone??: My daughter brought her laptop round saying all her photos .jpg's were missing.All folder/file id's are there but when you open them they are all empty.I am quite literate regarding PC's/Windows so I found loads of file i.d.'s but all were empty.Completely stumped.Tried...
  5. All files are gone

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    All files are gone: So I recently started my pc like normal, but when it was starting up, it said “the user profile service service failed to sign-in. User Profile can not be loaded.” And when I tried to log in like normal all of my files except for my programs were completely gone, I have since...
  6. Nothing but problems today - now all my VM's have lost their IP config

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Nothing but problems today - now all my VM's have lost their IP config: Have had a Hyper-V setup going here for years without any issues - and then suddenly today - things started falling away. First my WDS server suddenly stopped serving up it's PXE boot to a new VM I was testing - that led me to investigate a few other things which then...
  7. All files gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All files gone: Yesterday I ran Ccleaner to remove duplicate items, everything was fine, but today I logged in and all my files are gone. There was a message Dc_wff.dll, I disabled tp-link and that issue was solved, but my files are still gone. I ran EaseUS, it found all my missing files, I...
  8. Normal Desktop Icons all gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Normal Desktop Icons all gone: My Windows 10 Desktop suddenly doesn't show my usual icons--I had personalized it with links I use often. Now, it only shows my background photo and icons i'm not familiar with. Am I in a different mode that I don't realize? It doesn't show any browser options ??? and...
  9. Windows update sound gone and outlook task gone in the outlook Today

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update sound gone and outlook task gone in the outlook Today: is there more to be said? can't stop these damn updates. we are **** ginny pigs for Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-sound-gone-and-outlook-task-gone-in/df65fe7f-8142-460c-8a6a-21baf0e0d55b
  10. Today I updated and all my files in Documents are gone!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Today I updated and all my files in Documents are gone!: Go backI had already gone back an update, via Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Go back to an earlier build section > Get started button. This didn't fix it. What are my options to retrieve the files?...