Windows 10: Today I updated and all my files in Documents are gone!

Discus and support Today I updated and all my files in Documents are gone! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Go backI had already gone back an update, via Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Go back to an earlier build section > Get started button. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LAPIII, Jan 5, 2019.

1. LAPIII Win User

Today I updated and all my files in Documents are gone!

Go backI had already gone back an update, via Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Go back to an earlier build section > Get started button. This didn't fix it. What are my options to retrieve the files?

:)

LAPIII, Jan 5, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 did an automatic update today and now ALL my files are gone.

Original Title: Windows 10 Upate

Windows 10 did an automatic update today and now ALL my files are gone. It also reset my internet access to IE instead of Chrome, and once I got back into Chrome, none of my bookmarks are there.

Any way of getting the documents back? This should never happen with a system update!

GloriaBrosius, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

documents files and folders

Hi Paul,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• What were the steps you've tried to reverse the alphabetization of files and folder name?
    • Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Today I updated and all my files in Documents are gone! - Similar Threads - Today updated files

2. All my documents and pictures are gone???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my documents and pictures are gone???: I got into my computer and all my pictures are gone, all the files, everything. I contacted Windows support and they remoted into my computer and couldn't find anything??? NO PICTURES???? Any ideas what to do, how I can get them back if at all? Hundreds of pictures from years...
  3. All my documents and pictures are gone???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my documents and pictures are gone???: I got into my computer and all my pictures are gone, all the files, everything. I contacted Windows support and they remoted into my computer and couldn't find anything??? NO PICTURES???? Any ideas what to do, how I can get them back if at all? Hundreds of pictures from years...
  4. My Document files are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Document files are gone: I didn't Open The document folders for a week or something and yesterday when I opened it only 4 Folders were there.Please Help! Important Files are there! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-document-files-are-gone/3c68443c-7f10-4e47-a9f7-9ebdee2e81ae
  5. My Document files are gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Document files are gone: I didn't Open The document folders for a week or something and yesterday when I opened it only 4 Folders were there.Please Help! Important Files are there! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-document-files-are-gone/3c68443c-7f10-4e47-a9f7-9ebdee2e81ae
  6. All my files are gone!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my files are gone!: WHen I was on my Computer on Thursday everything was fine, but when I went on today, I saw my Logitech and my capture files are empty, I didnt do anything and When I clicked on it It says that I needed to connect to network or Insert a disk. PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT TO...
  7. ALL OF MY FILES ARE GONE

ALL OF MY FILES ARE GONE: so i turned on my laptop only to see that half the stuff i had is gone the list of stuff that is gone: -all of my personal files dating back to december 2020 -most of my games -my apps -my desktop wallpaper -discord -all of my garry's mod addons 157 files -my puro...
  8. Today all normal configs are gone.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Today all normal configs are gone.: Everything has been moved to a C:\Users\TEMP folder. When I copy files back to This PC's c: drive (i.e. Documents, Downloads) the files are being synchronized with the TEMP folder files. I don't see any update history - any idea what happened here? Is there some kind of...
  9. All my files are gone. (System Update)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All my files are gone. (System Update): So I left my laptop to update my System as it says System update , so it finally finished and there I only one account in my sign - in bar thing. My other account was all my stuff for school and now its missing, it also removed administrator from my laptop, I cannot access...
  10. My computer forced an update and all my documents are gone!!

My computer forced an update and all my documents are gone!!: M My computer forced an update and now when I turn it on, all my stuff is gone. Where are my documents? my pictures? my music??? Please let me know ASAP - I'm freaking out over here...