Windows 10: Today is the Big Day!

Discus and support Today is the Big Day! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just so I won't be left out with the Win 10 downloading spree today, I brought my 10incher to work to join the online traffic via Teamviewer. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by badrobot, Sep 30, 2014.

1. badrobot Win User

Today is the Big Day!

Just so I won't be left out with the Win 10 downloading spree today, I brought my 10incher to work to join the online traffic via Teamviewer. My computer at home is ready and waiting. So when I get home from work, it will be ready to be fired up.

Today is the Big Day! 4ezute5a.jpg

Happy downloading everyone!

:)

badrobot, Sep 30, 2014
  2. G.Ilex Win User

Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary update

Remember if it would be today it will be during "office hours" in the US Today is the Big Day! ;) (their local time)

We have to wait a few more hours if today is the big day.

And it will be a normal OTA update no special app is needed with this update

G.Ilex, Sep 30, 2014
  3. Davidnp Win User
    Big day is here for Windows 10

Have just been informed by someone who I think understands computers that the Link will indeed download but will not install, is he correct please?

Davidnp, Sep 30, 2014
  4. Edwin New Member

Today is the Big Day!

I'm thinkin it's gonna be 3ish PM

Edwin, Sep 30, 2014
  5. Chuck38 Win User
    Eastern or Pacific time?

Chuck38, Sep 30, 2014
  6. Edwin New Member
    Eastern. Its usually a mid day PT thing, so for us it translates to about mid afternoon.

Edwin, Sep 30, 2014
  7. Tews Win User
    Ready and waiting... *Wink

Today is the Big Day! 5371d1485948122t-today-big-day-screenshot003.jpg

8. jimbo45 Win User

Today is the Big Day!

Hi there

Hold your horses -- from what I'm reading you have to be enrolled into the insider program to get the download -- now how easy it will be to join or sign up to that I don't know.

However if Ms DO restrict the obviously widespread interest in this then I'm sure it won't be long before it's available "in the Wild".

I think given the poor publicity with Windows 8 generally --Ms would be itching to get Windows 10 into as many people's hands as possible -- makes for better testing too.

I'd advise people to install on a VM or if using a laptop swap the HDD and install on a separate HDD first -- there will obviously be glitches to start with.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 30, 2014
  9. LittleJay Win User
    Judging by all the posters on this Forum, who plan to download 10 ASAP, it will be interesting to see what the download times are like.

LittleJay, Sep 30, 2014
  10. Stephanie Win User
    Any idea on a UK download time guys ?

Stephanie, Sep 30, 2014
  11. Chuck38 Win User
    I see.

Sadly I have to be somewhere else at 3. *Sad

Chuck38, Sep 30, 2014
  12. bigseb Win User
    Windows 10?!?!

I've been away for a while so I must have missed something...

Also, where/how do I download it?

bigseb, Sep 30, 2014
  13. Today is the Big Day!

Just hope people realise what they are downloading (outside these forums)

I can imagine many will download this and assume it is the final version and give it bad rep because of bugs

paulsalter, Sep 30, 2014
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    That would be about 11PM your time.

BunnyJ, Sep 30, 2014
  15. Chuck38 Win User
    Good to see you back, bigseb!

They haven't released the preview yet. We're still waiting!

Chuck38, Sep 30, 2014
Thema:

Today is the Big Day!

1. Today is the Big Day! - Similar Threads - Today Big

2. Bluetooth worked yesterday. Today it is MIA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth worked yesterday. Today it is MIA: Yesterday everything was working normally. This morning My Bluetooth is gone. It is not in the lower right hand tray. The symbol is gone. There is no option to turn the Bluetooth on or off. Pic below. On the Device Manager all Bluetooth options are greyed out. Pic below I...
  3. Bluetooth worked yesterday. Today it is MIA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth worked yesterday. Today it is MIA: Yesterday everything was working normally. This morning My Bluetooth is gone. It is not in the lower right hand tray. The symbol is gone. There is no option to turn the Bluetooth on or off. Pic below. On the Device Manager all Bluetooth options are greyed out. Pic below I...
  4. I am getting a new computer today.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting a new computer today.: I am getting a new computer today. Should I delete my existing Microsoft account, or will it allow me to register the new one without trouble? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-a-new-computer-today/1bf970ea-d8d4-4899-bf7b-fcddc3948175
  5. I am getting a new computer today.

I am getting a new computer today.: I am getting a new computer today. Should I delete my existing Microsoft account, or will it allow me to register the new one without trouble? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-a-new-computer-today/1bf970ea-d8d4-4899-bf7b-fcddc3948175
  6. Hello, I have a big problem with my Windows Surface Go3. Today it started an Update while...

Hello, I have a big problem with my Windows Surface Go3. Today it started an Update while...: Now I got a blue screen with the message "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you. For more information about this issue and possible fixes, visit https://www.windows.com/stopcode. If you call a support person, give them this info: Stop...
  7. Hello, I have a big problem with my Windows Surface Go3. Today it started an Update while...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, I have a big problem with my Windows Surface Go3. Today it started an Update while...: Now I got a blue screen with the message "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you. For more information about this issue and possible fixes, visit https://www.windows.com/stopcode. If you call a support person, give them this info: Stop...
  8. Update today messed up my computer (not the big update)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update today messed up my computer (not the big update): Oh my goodness! Windows update just did an update (it already did the "big" update over a month ago). Now, my computer takes 25 minutes to start, 3-5 minutes to load an internet page, and anything else I click on (like Microsoft Word) takes anywhere from 1-3 minutes for...
  9. The BIG win 10 update today is total disaster

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The BIG win 10 update today is total disaster: I upgraded to win10 couple of months ago. I managed to solve several problems with DVD drives, printers, Office 2007 hangs etc etc and it worked quite good afterwards. With today's update lot of problems reappeared and I have to undergo all those tuning again. WHY? Edit: the...
  10. Line showing outside Action Center after big update today (8/5/2015)

in Windows 10 Support
    Line showing outside Action Center after big update today (8/5/2015): I don't remember this line being there. After the PC restarted I now have it every time I open the Action Center. Any others have it too? 13180