Today is the Big Day!

Discus and support Today is the Big Day! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just so I won't be left out with the Win 10 downloading spree today, I brought my 10incher to work to join the online traffic via Teamviewer. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by badrobot, Sep 30, 2014.

1. badrobot Win User

Today is the Big Day!

Just so I won't be left out with the Win 10 downloading spree today, I brought my 10incher to work to join the online traffic via Teamviewer. My computer at home is ready and waiting. So when I get home from work, it will be ready to be fired up.

Today is the Big Day! 4ezute5a.jpg

Happy downloading everyone!

:)

badrobot, Sep 30, 2014
  2. G.Ilex Win User

Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary update

Remember if it would be today it will be during "office hours" in the US Today is the Big Day! ;) (their local time)

We have to wait a few more hours if today is the big day.

And it will be a normal OTA update no special app is needed with this update

G.Ilex, Sep 30, 2014
  3. Davidnp Win User
    Big day is here for Windows 10

Have just been informed by someone who I think understands computers that the Link will indeed download but will not install, is he correct please?

Davidnp, Sep 30, 2014
  4. Edwin New Member

Today is the Big Day!

I'm thinkin it's gonna be 3ish PM

Edwin, Sep 30, 2014
  5. Chuck38 Win User
    Eastern or Pacific time?

Chuck38, Sep 30, 2014
  6. Edwin New Member
    Eastern. Its usually a mid day PT thing, so for us it translates to about mid afternoon.

Edwin, Sep 30, 2014
  7. Tews Win User
    Ready and waiting... *Wink

Today is the Big Day! 5371d1485948122t-today-big-day-screenshot003.jpg

8. jimbo45 Win User

Today is the Big Day!

Hi there

Hold your horses -- from what I'm reading you have to be enrolled into the insider program to get the download -- now how easy it will be to join or sign up to that I don't know.

However if Ms DO restrict the obviously widespread interest in this then I'm sure it won't be long before it's available "in the Wild".

I think given the poor publicity with Windows 8 generally --Ms would be itching to get Windows 10 into as many people's hands as possible -- makes for better testing too.

I'd advise people to install on a VM or if using a laptop swap the HDD and install on a separate HDD first -- there will obviously be glitches to start with.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 30, 2014
  9. LittleJay Win User
    Judging by all the posters on this Forum, who plan to download 10 ASAP, it will be interesting to see what the download times are like.

LittleJay, Sep 30, 2014
  10. Stephanie Win User
    Any idea on a UK download time guys ?

Stephanie, Sep 30, 2014
  11. Chuck38 Win User
    I see.

Sadly I have to be somewhere else at 3. *Sad

Chuck38, Sep 30, 2014
  12. bigseb Win User
    Windows 10?!?!

I've been away for a while so I must have missed something...

Also, where/how do I download it?

bigseb, Sep 30, 2014
  13. paulsalter Win User

Today is the Big Day!

Just hope people realise what they are downloading (outside these forums)

I can imagine many will download this and assume it is the final version and give it bad rep because of bugs

paulsalter, Sep 30, 2014
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    That would be about 11PM your time.

BunnyJ, Sep 30, 2014
  15. Chuck38 Win User
    Good to see you back, bigseb!

They haven't released the preview yet. We're still waiting!

Chuck38, Sep 30, 2014
Thema:

Today is the Big Day!

1. Today is the Big Day! - Similar Threads - Today Big

2. Are the relpairs still on for today? Thank you, Daniel Goodstein

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Are the relpairs still on for today? Thank you, Daniel Goodstein: Just wondering if you will be taking over today. The computer is staying on. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/are-the-relpairs-still-on-for-today-thank-you/7cd93dc7-c2af-4d2a-b210-d71e27386ea7
  3. my windows over&over again update today

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my windows over&over again update today: Hi. I have a problem. why do my windows over&over again update today? my trafic bandwicth is limited. thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/my-windows-overover-again-update-today/7e7bb6ca-2066-4c34-9800-a7f3534b7d56
  4. Pc don’t accept new password change at 7.49 pm today

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pc don’t accept new password change at 7.49 pm today: My pc turn off in the afternoon, when i want resign with my pass....pass incorect.... change my pass with you and code, didnt work on my pc ? Were can be the problem ? Thanks Moved from: Windows 10 / Ease of access...
  5. Microsoft’s Windows 10 turns three today

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Windows 10 turns three today: Happy birthday, Windows 10! Three years ago today, Microsoft launched Windows 10 as a free upgrade for Windows 7 and 8.1. At that time, Microsoft said that the future is “Windows as a service” and there’s no secret update in the works coming next. It’s all just Windows 10....
  6. Three Telephone Calls From MSFT Today

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Three Telephone Calls From MSFT Today: I have received three telephone call from a woman calling herself Sherly or Cheri. All the calls have had different telephone numbers. She says if I don't do what she asks, my MSFT software will be shut down....
  7. Windows 10 Fax and Scanner can't find my scanner today, But Device manager says the device...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Fax and Scanner can't find my scanner today, But Device manager says the device...: If this is the wrong category... I am sorry but the options did not offer me a truly correct path to post this. This is the second time this year this has happened. Last time I removed the drivers and reinstalled them, but that leaves problems with "copies" on printers and...
  8. Windows 10 Fax and Scanner can't find my scanner today, But Device manager says the device...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Fax and Scanner can't find my scanner today, But Device manager says the device...: If this is the wrong category... I am sorry but the options did not offer me a truly correct path to post this. This is the second time this year this has happened. Last time I removed the drivers and reinstalled them, but that leaves problems with "copies" on printers and...
  9. The BIG win 10 update today is total disaster

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The BIG win 10 update today is total disaster: I upgraded to win10 couple of months ago. I managed to solve several problems with DVD drives, printers, Office 2007 hangs etc etc and it worked quite good afterwards. With today's update lot of problems reappeared and I have to undergo all those tuning again. WHY? Edit: the...
  10. Line showing outside Action Center after big update today (8/5/2015)

in Windows 10 Support
    Line showing outside Action Center after big update today (8/5/2015): I don't remember this line being there. After the PC restarted I now have it every time I open the Action Center. Any others have it too? 13180