Windows 10: Today is the Big Day!

Discus and support Today is the Big Day! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Any idea on a UK download time guys ? Steph ! UK is not authorize to download anything from the net anymore. The Gov. just past a law... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by badrobot, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Flashorn Win User

Today is the Big Day!

Steph !

UK is not authorize to download anything from the net anymore.

The Gov. just past a law restricting any net activity as per the
    instructions of the MPAA.

Flashorn, Sep 30, 2014
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

Politics aside - the UK is by no means the worst - I believe France has even more restrictions and don't they have some stupid rule that TV channels can't show films on Saturdays or some nonsense like that.

In any case anybody can get anything by using the TOR network. (And TOR is 100% legal folks !!!!!).

Let's just enjoy W10 download when we can get it and if any hard pressed UK user can't download I suppose some well wisher could always create an ISO for our poor UK user and send using "Snail Mail". !!!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 30, 2014
  3. Chuck38 Win User
    I like TOR. *Smile

Chuck38, Sep 30, 2014
  4. Flashorn Win User

Today is the Big Day!

Maybe I should've inserted a sarcasm emo.

And I don't know where you got that idea,
    as I have good friends in France and they do have movies
    on any day of the week. (been there).

If someone can't get a download and I can, I could upload the ISO
    to a cloud based storage for them to download.

Flashorn, Sep 30, 2014
  5. Flashorn Win User
    Seems Comcast doesn't .

Flashorn, Sep 30, 2014
  6. Stephanie Win User
    Great Im at work then *Rolleyes, still there's the morning *Biggrin

Stephanie, Sep 30, 2014
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

I'm sure I read somewhere about that TV restriction -- anyway I actually LIKE France !!!!! been there many times and worked there on a few gigs too. That 35 hr week should be copied elsewhere -- I remember on one gig in L.A where one was expected to work sometimes 60 or 70 hours --I'm much too old for that anymore.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 30, 2014
  8. pparks1 Win User

Today is the Big Day!

Considering you have to sign up for the insider program to even be allowed to download the software, I don't think anybody will accidentally be confused and think this is the final version.

pparks1, Sep 30, 2014
  9. That's what you would expect

But I have seen the same for the Windows Phone DP, where you have to sign up for it, then install an app on your phone to activate the downloads
    people complain about bugs in that as though it is final

time will tell, but I hope you are right

paulsalter, Sep 30, 2014
  10. Boozad Win User
    So, with my naivety hat firmly on, is the download freely available or only to MS Insiders (or whatever program it is you have to be enrolled in)? I have a free day tomorrow so would love to set up a VM to give 10 a whirl.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm now an insider with the Tech Preview ISO downloading. *Party

Boozad, Sep 30, 2014
  11. Saltgrass Win User
    I am also downloading now...

Saltgrass, Sep 30, 2014
  12. I have the ISO on a usb drive. *Smile

I have some questions---

1--- If I install Windows 10 can I use my Macrium image to restore back to 8.1 ?

2--- Will installing 10 wipe out installed programs & personal files & folders ?

3--- Could one dual boot the 2 ?

4--- I may pose more questions in the future.

Thank you. *Smile

A picture---

Today is the Big Day! 5440d1485948122t-today-big-day-screenshot_145.jpg

David Bailey, Sep 30, 2014
  13. Nuccii Win User

Today is the Big Day!

*Ditto I anxiously await this reply.

Nuccii, Sep 30, 2014
  14. Saltgrass Win User
    I have not yet tried dual booting, but regarding the Macrium image. If you could restore your system to a clean hard drive with that image, I see no reason you would not still be able to do that. I did see a note about not being able to use the Recovery options after an install.

Questions about exactly what will happen may need explanations as to how you intend to install. Such things as will both installs be UEFI, will 10 be on the same or another hard drive, etc...

I am sure someone will be installing as a Dual boot soon, and I might a little later, but is should work exactly as 8.1 did.

Saltgrass, Sep 30, 2014
  15. I think that refers to the recovery drive from the factory. *Think

David Bailey, Sep 30, 2014
Thema:

Today is the Big Day!

1. Today is the Big Day! - Similar Threads - Today Big

2. Hello, i get this error from today.. : 0x0000001e ,can someone please help me ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, i get this error from today.. : 0x0000001e ,can someone please help me ?: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff801aaf15000, 0x0000000000000008, 0xffffffffffffffff. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\031924-9859-01.dmp. Report Id:...
  3. Hello, i get this error from today.. : 0x0000001e ,can someone please help me ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello, i get this error from today.. : 0x0000001e ,can someone please help me ?: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff801aaf15000, 0x0000000000000008, 0xffffffffffffffff. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\031924-9859-01.dmp. Report Id:...
  4. Games started crashing today unexpectedly, seems like there is a persistent error within...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games started crashing today unexpectedly, seems like there is a persistent error within...: Hi,So I've been trying to play some games today, specifically Helldivers 2 and Supermarket Simulator, and I keep crashes upon a few minutes of playing each game. The dump files are here:...
  5. Games started crashing today unexpectedly, seems like there is a persistent error within...

Games started crashing today unexpectedly, seems like there is a persistent error within...: Hi,So I've been trying to play some games today, specifically Helldivers 2 and Supermarket Simulator, and I keep crashes upon a few minutes of playing each game. The dump files are here:...
  6. Hello, I have a big problem with my Windows Surface Go3. Today it started an Update while...

Hello, I have a big problem with my Windows Surface Go3. Today it started an Update while...: Now I got a blue screen with the message "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you. For more information about this issue and possible fixes, visit https://www.windows.com/stopcode. If you call a support person, give them this info: Stop...
  7. Hello, I have a big problem with my Windows Surface Go3. Today it started an Update while...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, I have a big problem with my Windows Surface Go3. Today it started an Update while...: Now I got a blue screen with the message "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you. For more information about this issue and possible fixes, visit https://www.windows.com/stopcode. If you call a support person, give them this info: Stop...
  8. Update today messed up my computer (not the big update)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update today messed up my computer (not the big update): Oh my goodness! Windows update just did an update (it already did the "big" update over a month ago). Now, my computer takes 25 minutes to start, 3-5 minutes to load an internet page, and anything else I click on (like Microsoft Word) takes anywhere from 1-3 minutes for...
  9. The BIG win 10 update today is total disaster

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The BIG win 10 update today is total disaster: I upgraded to win10 couple of months ago. I managed to solve several problems with DVD drives, printers, Office 2007 hangs etc etc and it worked quite good afterwards. With today's update lot of problems reappeared and I have to undergo all those tuning again. WHY? Edit: the...
  10. Line showing outside Action Center after big update today (8/5/2015)

in Windows 10 Support
    Line showing outside Action Center after big update today (8/5/2015): I don't remember this line being there. After the PC restarted I now have it every time I open the Action Center. Any others have it too? 13180