Windows 10: Today is the Big Day!

Discus and support Today is the Big Day! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have the ISO on a usb drive. *Smile I have some questions--- 1--- If I install Windows 10 can I use my Macrium image to restore back to 8.1 ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by badrobot, Sep 30, 2014.

1. badrobot Win User

Today is the Big Day!

These questions will need some actual testing before it can be answered. I intend to try this on cloned Win 8 OS later on. But first, I need to install it on a separate SSD and try it out first.

badrobot, Sep 30, 2014

2. I just got an email from Microsoft---

David Bailey, Sep 30, 2014
  3. Ztruker Win User
    I downloaded 32 and 64 bit starting around 12:30PM East Coast Time (US).
    32 bit took about 20 minutes, 64 took about 26 minutes (I did them sequentially).

Installed 32 bit in Oracle VB with no problems. Runs fins and looks 99% like Windows 8.1.
    The new Start menu is so-so, may like it better after I get some of my apps installed so I can see how they interact. So far I expect I'll install Stardock's Start8 after a bit of testing.
    Virtual Desktop is cool and I can see where it might be handy sometimes.
    I love the Command Prompt changes.

I miss Aero so I'll give Aero Glass for Windows 8 a try at some point just to see if it works.

I have not figured out how to get to the Modern Desktop, if it still exists.
    Charms only comes up with Winkey+C.

Edit: The first time I used the Start menu, when I closed it I got a prompt to report how I liked it, etc.

Ztruker, Sep 30, 2014
  4. Saltgrass Win User

Today is the Big Day!

I just installed a Dual Boot configuration using a partition on the same hard drive. Everything seemed to go normally and the boot menu is working as it did with Windows 7 and Windows 8. The 8.1 install has not b

I will be installing over an 8 to 8.1 upgraded install next...

The Modern Desktop is an all or none type option and is explained in the video linked on the Desktop. You just have choose it in the Properties and sign out...

Saltgrass, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Today is the Big Day!

1. Today is the Big Day! - Similar Threads - Today Big

2. Bluetooth worked yesterday. Today it is MIA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth worked yesterday. Today it is MIA: Yesterday everything was working normally. This morning My Bluetooth is gone. It is not in the lower right hand tray. The symbol is gone. There is no option to turn the Bluetooth on or off. Pic below. On the Device Manager all Bluetooth options are greyed out. Pic below I...
  3. Bluetooth worked yesterday. Today it is MIA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth worked yesterday. Today it is MIA: Yesterday everything was working normally. This morning My Bluetooth is gone. It is not in the lower right hand tray. The symbol is gone. There is no option to turn the Bluetooth on or off. Pic below. On the Device Manager all Bluetooth options are greyed out. Pic below I...
  4. I am getting a new computer today.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting a new computer today.: I am getting a new computer today. Should I delete my existing Microsoft account, or will it allow me to register the new one without trouble? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-a-new-computer-today/1bf970ea-d8d4-4899-bf7b-fcddc3948175
  5. I am getting a new computer today.

I am getting a new computer today.: I am getting a new computer today. Should I delete my existing Microsoft account, or will it allow me to register the new one without trouble? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-a-new-computer-today/1bf970ea-d8d4-4899-bf7b-fcddc3948175
  6. Hello, I have a big problem with my Windows Surface Go3. Today it started an Update while...

Hello, I have a big problem with my Windows Surface Go3. Today it started an Update while...: Now I got a blue screen with the message "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you. For more information about this issue and possible fixes, visit https://www.windows.com/stopcode. If you call a support person, give them this info: Stop...
  7. Hello, I have a big problem with my Windows Surface Go3. Today it started an Update while...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, I have a big problem with my Windows Surface Go3. Today it started an Update while...: Now I got a blue screen with the message "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you. For more information about this issue and possible fixes, visit https://www.windows.com/stopcode. If you call a support person, give them this info: Stop...
  8. Update today messed up my computer (not the big update)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update today messed up my computer (not the big update): Oh my goodness! Windows update just did an update (it already did the "big" update over a month ago). Now, my computer takes 25 minutes to start, 3-5 minutes to load an internet page, and anything else I click on (like Microsoft Word) takes anywhere from 1-3 minutes for...
  9. The BIG win 10 update today is total disaster

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The BIG win 10 update today is total disaster: I upgraded to win10 couple of months ago. I managed to solve several problems with DVD drives, printers, Office 2007 hangs etc etc and it worked quite good afterwards. With today's update lot of problems reappeared and I have to undergo all those tuning again. WHY? Edit: the...
  10. Line showing outside Action Center after big update today (8/5/2015)

in Windows 10 Support
    Line showing outside Action Center after big update today (8/5/2015): I don't remember this line being there. After the PC restarted I now have it every time I open the Action Center. Any others have it too? 13180