Windows 10: Today my iTunes will not open - says "Your previous iTunes installation must be removed...

Discus and support Today my iTunes will not open - says "Your previous iTunes installation must be removed... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been using it fine since getting my new computer and I am afraid to remove it like it says.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JaneGlenn, May 30, 2023.

1. JaneGlenn Win User

Today my iTunes will not open - says "Your previous iTunes installation must be removed...

I have been using it fine since getting my new computer and I am afraid to remove it like it says.

:)

JaneGlenn, May 30, 2023

2. itunes opening automatically on login

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to stop iTunes to open automatically:

• Open Task Manager.

• Select the Startup Tab.

• Right click any app in the Startup menu and select Disable.
    If this does not fix the issue, then this needs to be taken care during installation of iTunes, so you may uninstall iTunes and reinstall it and make sure you check for the startup option during the setup wizard of iTunes.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 30, 2023
  3. Cannot install iTunes

Hello,

What version of Windows are you using?

Did you follow the steps for uninstalling iTunes? If not, do so now.

Right click on Start > Select Control Panel > Uninstall Programs

Uninstall all of these applications

• iTunes Software
    • Quicktime
    • Apple Software Update
    • Apple Mobile Support
    • Bonjour (especially Bonjour, the most problematic and most difficult component to remove properly! )
    • Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)
    • iPhone (if you have it loaded)
    • and anything else related to iTunes — that’s the tough part where you need to be very careful
    iTunes should be uninstalled in this process of elimination. Reboot the computer.

To install iTunes, follow these steps.

Step one - download the icloud control panel (do not install yet)

Step two - Run the installer as an administrator by right clicking the installer and running as administrator

Step three - after the install finishes, DO NOT reboot

Step four - run the apple software update program and install iTunes from there.

Step five - Reboot, and enjoy

Smittychat., May 30, 2023
  4. Today my iTunes will not open - says "Your previous iTunes installation must be removed...

iTunes

I am unable to completely uninstall iTunes so that I can install the latest version of iTunes. I have followed the complete list of steps given to me by a Microsoft Technical Advisor, but I still receive the same error message. "Please remove the previous
    version of iTunes". I then go into Control Panel and see a blank icon where the iTunes was found. I click on this, select uninstall and receive an error message that this action is only valid for products that are currently installed. I am going around in
    circles.

TaylorFord, May 30, 2023
Thema:

Today my iTunes will not open - says "Your previous iTunes installation must be removed...

1. Today my iTunes will not open - says "Your previous iTunes installation must be removed... - Similar Threads - Today iTunes open

2. Today my iTunes will not open - says "Your previous iTunes installation must be removed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Today my iTunes will not open - says "Your previous iTunes installation must be removed...: I have been using it fine since getting my new computer and I am afraid to remove it like it says. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/today-my-itunes-will-not-open-says-your-previous/12fdcc41-bceb-4952-a506-c00e1fe279eb
  3. iTunes not opening

iTunes not opening: Hi team. This morning I discovered that my iTunes will not open, even though it worked fine a few days ago when I last used it. I have contacted Apple and they tried to troubleshoot including many attempts at installing via the Microsoft Store. Although the installation...
  4. Itunes cannot remove previous installation despite all efforts

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Itunes cannot remove previous installation despite all efforts: I have followed this uninstall procedure offered up by Apple Support without success: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204275 The Microsoft Store successfully downloads Itunes, but when I click "install" this error surfaces. "Your previous iTunes installation must be...
  5. itunes not opening

itunes not opening: Can someone please help me. Ive been trying for DAYS to open my itunes, so I can sync my phone to it... before I get a new phone. I cant open itunes at all. Ive uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled goodness knows how many times. But still no luck and the icon is still...
  6. Install ITUNES

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install ITUNES: I can not download itunes on my windows 10. Where do you want to install? It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account. This is the message I had. What does it mean....
  7. Can't Update to Latest Version of iTunes - "could not remove your previous installation" error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Update to Latest Version of iTunes - "could not remove your previous installation" error: I have a very old iphone. Tried downloading older version to reset and restore phone. Couldn't get it to work, issue turned out to be hardware related. Someone gave me their old iphone. Was able to get it backed up using older mac with current itunes. Windows computer...
  8. itunes install

itunes install: I just got a new laptop running windows 10 and can't get iTunes to install. Has anyone encountered this before? Thanks, Dean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/itunes-install/1b1cc32a-eb1b-4853-b0e0-da9a8634d037
  9. Itunes not installing.

Itunes not installing.: itunes is not installing, uninstalling and reinstalling. A pop-up comes where the file *.msi is not located along with it's path. earlier wi-fi syncing on my apple devices wasn't fuctiong correctly, too.. I have a windows 10 pro 32-bit(free installed) OS on my lenovo laptop....
  10. itunes will not install

itunes will not install: [img] [img] [img] [img] Hi everyone trying to install iTunes, keep getting these error messages, can anyone please help. Regards 60894