Windows 10: Today my PC did some updates, and now the file manager fonts as well as all tool tip pop ups...

Discus and support Today my PC did some updates, and now the file manager fonts as well as all tool tip pop ups... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Open and are completely unreadable, gibberish. I took a snip of one of the dialog boxes . I will try to post it , if needs be. This happened today as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by falcmik, Dec 12, 2019.

1. falcmik Win User

Today my PC did some updates, and now the file manager fonts as well as all tool tip pop ups...

Open and are completely unreadable, gibberish. I took a snip of one of the dialog boxes . I will try to post it , if needs be. This happened today as soon as pc restarted after update. Anyone have any idea why or how to fix it? Honestly i am to tierd to try to figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

:)

falcmik, Dec 12, 2019

2. Tool tip Pop ups

While hovering over objects with the mouse pointer, tool tips are displayed to give a little bit of information about a button or file. I do not want to see these pop ups ever. It would be nice if I were able to disable it. Apparently it is impossible to
    disable them for everything all at once. I would like the programming community at large to realize that these pop ups cause me extreme grief and I have had enough. Please add options to UI's that allow dummies to disable these "tool tip" pop ups at will.

Reasons:

I am trying to focus on something else and it steals my attention. very distracting.

The pop ups cover up various things I would like to see.

Eye strain.

I already know how to use most of the things I use all the time, therefore I do not need them.

They generally don't provide information that I cannot see in properties on a file.

The only time They are convenient is tutorial time when I first start using a program like Microsoft Excel, or CAD, or whatever. Nobody is going to want tool tips forever and ever while using any program.

They are driving me insane.

The only thing I found on Microsoft website about tool tips is how to put more tool tips in other programs. (frustration)

WilliamAllmand, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Pop ups when signing onto PC!!!

Hi,

Third party applications and system file corruption may trigger unknown pop-ups on your computer. For us to properly assist you in removing these pop-ups, we'd like to confirm the following information:

• How and when did the issue start?
    • Have you installed any recent updates to your PC?
    • Have you also installed any programs which could initiate this error?
    • Are there any third party applications installed on your device?
    • What steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

As an initial step, we suggest running the System File Checker. This tool will allow you to scan and diagnose any corrupted files in your system and enhance its performance. Check this article: Use
    the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files
    for the procedures.

Let us know these details so we can work on resolving your query.

Dhavelyn Mer, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Polarman Win User

Today my PC did some updates, and now the file manager fonts as well as all tool tip pop ups...

Font Manager

I remember using Adobe's Type Manager a long time ago to manage fonts on my old Win98 machine. It's not very convenient to have 1000+ fonts installed all the time. Having a font manager can help with keep things organized.

I was curious about finding something similar since Type Manager is no longer made. I found these 2 (Freebie) software that are pretty neat. *Smile Today my PC did some updates, and now the file manager fonts as well as all tool tip pop ups... :)

AMP Font Viewer 3.86

AMP Font Viewer - Complete font manager: view, organize, install, delete and print fonts lists (TrueType, OpenType and Type 1) - AMPsoft

Font Frenzy

http://www.sdsoftware.org/default.asp?id=5929

Polarman, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Today my PC did some updates, and now the file manager fonts as well as all tool tip pop ups... - Similar Threads - Today did updates

2. Windows did an automatic update and now all of my files are gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows did an automatic update and now all of my files are gone.: Running windows 11 on a Dell, it does nightly updates and restarts, this time it deleted all of my files and most of them are for school. I need it back immediately, it was just fine the other day....
  3. Windows did an automatic update and now all of my files are gone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows did an automatic update and now all of my files are gone.: Running windows 11 on a Dell, it does nightly updates and restarts, this time it deleted all of my files and most of them are for school. I need it back immediately, it was just fine the other day....
  4. Snip tool popping up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip tool popping up: Sometimes when I'm trying to play a game or something, the snip tool would appear at the top of the screen. It isn't the entire window, just a small bar at the top of the screen. When I try to recreate what I did, I can't get it to appear....
  5. Well, my PC did it... again... -sigh!-

in Windows 10 Support
    Well, my PC did it... again... -sigh!-: Could not find the boot, entered the BIOS, changed the boot order around (my pc changed the order to start. AGAIN.) Forgot that I don't have to enter my PIN and boot onwards to the desktop. Had to put in my PIN... AGAIN. Stuck on shutdown and had to shutdown manually. AGAIN....
  6. removal of screen pop up "editing tips"

in Windows 10 Customization
    removal of screen pop up "editing tips": please tell me how to remove & delete this annoying popup "editing tips" PLEASE PLEASE REMOVE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removal-of-screen-pop-up-editing-tips/1f0daa13-3d47-4cc1-8763-04c4af87b938
  7. long delay before tool tip pops up from taskbar icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    long delay before tool tip pops up from taskbar icon: There was an item about this is 2016 that never was answered, but was locked. When I hover over the taskbar icons there is about a 10 second delay before the tool tip pops up. At some time in the past, tool tips popped up immediately, making it easy to remember what some of...
  8. Windows 10 Update did not go well on my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update did not go well on my PC: My PC is missing all my photos, files and none of the tiles or email works since last update. What do I do??? It happened after 2-August 16 updates....
  9. Windows tips is popping up on its own

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows tips is popping up on its own: Hi Guys, Windows tips gets popping up on its own and it has become very annoying. f1 key isn't stuck.I used kaspersky and malwarebytes to scan for any adware but didn't find one. I disabled all the notifications in the control panel and that too didn't work. The popping up...
  10. Today's pop up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Today's pop up: When I opened my laptop this afternoon, I had a pop-up message in the bottom right corner about some kind of new update. I clicked on the More Info, and I now I don't know how to accept the update. How can I find out how to get the update? My updates are current and it...