Windows 10: Today's goofy event - NVWMI warning

Discus and support Today's goofy event - NVWMI warning in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; By and large I've gotten the laptop calmed down and not throwing hundreds of errors and such per day - except information ones - there are still tons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GracieAllen, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Today's goofy event - NVWMI warning

By and large I've gotten the laptop calmed down and not throwing hundreds of errors and such per day - except information ones - there are still tons of those.

BUT, I'm getting a Warning every 30 minutes. It starts with an informational event
    Event 3, NVWMI (task category (1) ) that says "empty map of active profiles"
    then a SECOND informational event
    Event 3, NVWMI - Base Profile c:/.../supportassistagent/pcdr/supportassist/6.0.7033.2521/pcdrsysinfodirect.p5x.exe was launched and [Base Profile] was applied

Then come NINE occurrences of
    Warning Event 3, (task category (16)) NVWMI NvAPI_GPU_GetBoardInfo error code=-1

This gets written 9 times, all within a second...

Then NOTHING for 30 minutes, when it repeats............

The ONLY "supportassist" I know of on the box is the Dell Support Assist. And Dell throws a hissy fit any time I try to get drivers or anything if it's not turned on. So, I DISABLED it when I didn't need it...

I STILL get the same NVWMI warnings............

I don't know if anybody in here will have any ideas, 'cause nVidia doesn't. I've been doing the email back-and-forth for the last 5 days. Every day they send me one asking me to do stuff and wanting more information. Every day I send it. The next day they're back wanting more... I figure whoever is on the other end is clueless and they're doing the Microsoft thing where you report a problem and they just keep requiring more information 'til you go away and stop bothering them...

BUT, anyone have any ideas? I've already run the 40 minute system diagnostic, installed the absolute new video drivers, installed a bunch of OTHER driver's at nVidia's instruction, and so on.....

:)

GracieAllen, Jan 6, 2020
  2. bo elam Win User

CertificateServicesClient-AutoEnrollment Warning Event ID 64

Hi, this is a new Warning in my laptop, never seen it before with previous versions of Windows 10. During the first 3 days after upgrading to Fall Creators Update, I didn't get any. But yesterday, for the first time, an CertificateServicesClient-AutoEnrollment Warning Event ID 64 was logged in Events viewer. Today, I got another one after starting the laptop.

I searched Google and found that the Warning has something to do with an expired certificate. I know nothing about certificates or how to properly handle something like this, I found this link below, it suggest to use Troubleshooting/System Maintenance. The instructions are easy to follow and carry on.
    Expired Certificate - Microsoft Community

But my questions are, Is this something new with FCU? Are other people getting this Warning 64? Should Microsoft fix this on its own or should I run System maintenance? Is this a benign Warning event that can be ignored?

My W10 is running perfect, I cant find nothing wrong with it. I even find less Warning and Errors being logged in Events viewer with this version than before but I never seen this one and it seems its gonna show up every day unless it gets taken care of.

Appreciate your help

Bo

bo elam, Jan 6, 2020
  3. ESENT Event ID 508,510 and 533 warnings in Event Viewer

Hello Summez,

We appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue.

If the ESENT Event Ids have stopped logging in Event Viewer, we might be looking at a positive picture here. Also, certain Windows components were fixed after running SFC and DISM tools.

However, if you still see any issues, I suggest you to check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different Local Administrator user account.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another Local administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Write to us again, in case you need further assistance on the issue.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Today's goofy event - NVWMI warning

ESENT Event ID 508,510 and 533 warnings in Event Viewer

Hello,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

The Event ID you are receiving are as follows

Esent Event ID 508 and 533 This warning can also be caused by an insufficient (or potentially even just low) amount of unused space on your currently running Operating System's HDD/SSD

Esent Event ID 510 Event ID 510 is a performance warning, which indicates slow writing behavior, if the computer is connected to a server. This issue could be related
    with the performance of the server.

We would like to know if the system you are using is a standalone PC or if it is connected to any Domain/server?

If it is a standalone PC, the following suggestions may help to identify the issue.

Method 1

I suggest you to refer to the below link written by one of our MVPs, Andre Da Costa, and check if it helps.

How to free up disk space in Windows

Also, try to perform a defragmentation of the drives and check with the results.

Follow the below steps.

• Sign in to your Windows 10 computer with an administrator account. It is important to use an administrator account because standard account holders cannot defrag the hard disk drive.
    • Click the Start button.
    • From the left pane of the Start menu, click File Explorer.
    • On the opened window, from the navigation pane in the left, expand the
      This PC tree.
    • From the expanded list, right-click Local Disk (C: ) or any other partition on which Windows 10 is installed.
    • From the context menu, click Properties.
    • On the opened Local Disk (C: ) Properties box, go to the Tools tab.
    • From the displayed interface, under the Optimize and defragment drive section, click the
      Optimize button.
    • On the Optimize Drives box, from the displayed list, ensure that the system drive (C: in this example) is selected.
    • Click the Analyze button from below the list.
    • Wait until Windows completes the analysis and displays the percentage of the fragmented files in the selected drive.

Note: If there are no fragmented files in the drive, Windows displays a message box stating that the disk does not need to be defragmented.

Next, run the Disk utility in Windows to detect and fix disk corruption, if any.

To do so, right-click on the Drive which you wish to check and select
    Properties
    . Next, click on Tools tab and under
    Error checking, click on the Check button. This option will check the drive for file system errors.

Method 2

If it still does not help, place the computer in a Clean Boot state and check if there are any third party application/software to be causing the issue.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal
    startup after fixing the issue.

Method 3

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc /scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.
    Ref: Using System File Checker
    in Windows 10

Write to us with the update dstatus and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Today's goofy event - NVWMI warning

1. Today's goofy event - NVWMI warning - Similar Threads - Today's goofy event

2. event log warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event log warning: hello, im having this warning every 0.5 sec. its a new computer.. source: WHEA LOGGERevent id 17A corrected hardware error has occurred.Component: PCI Express Root PortError Source: Advanced Error Reporting PCI ExpressPrimary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x6:0x0Secondary...
  3. event log warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    event log warning: hello, im having this warning every 0.5 sec. its a new computer.. source: WHEA LOGGERevent id 17A corrected hardware error has occurred.Component: PCI Express Root PortError Source: Advanced Error Reporting PCI ExpressPrimary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x6:0x0Secondary...
  4. Event warning help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event warning help: After having to replace my laptop screen I now get an event warning saying ''Device DISPLAY\CMN1545\4&188e172d&1&UID265988 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match' now my laptop switches off after being on for awhile. I'm not sure these are related but it's some...
  5. Event warning help

Event warning help: After having to replace my laptop screen I now get an event warning saying ''Device DISPLAY\CMN1545\4&188e172d&1&UID265988 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match' now my laptop switches off after being on for awhile. I'm not sure these are related but it's some...
  6. Event Warning 10016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Warning 10016: Hi, I'm running Windows 11 OS Build 22000.348 and i've clean installed it from Windows 10 but i've started to receive this warning in event log The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...
  7. Event Warning 10016

Event Warning 10016: Hi, I'm running Windows 11 OS Build 22000.348 and i've clean installed it from Windows 10 but i've started to receive this warning in event log The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...
  8. Warning Event 10016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Warning Event 10016: The computer often freezes for 3-6 seconds and makes a weird noise. Please help! Event id 10016 The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} and...
  9. Lots of Event Log warnings after updating today

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lots of Event Log warnings after updating today: I completed the Windows10 update today 6/3/2020 to Ver. 2004 OS Build 19041.264. After doing so, I am getting a number of the Event Log warnings below that I have not seen before and cannot find any other threads discussing this issue. I get about 10-12 of the warnings below...
  10. event viewer warnings

in Windows 10 Support
    event viewer warnings: [img] HI How important is it to sort out warning errors. I often have a lot like this. I dont understand what they say but am happy to post a few if people here think they should be sorted thank you in advance 145291

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nvwmi error

2. /dell/supportassistagent/pcdr/supportassist/6.0.7106.1402/pcdrsysinfodirect.p5x.

3. nvwmi error message

4. nvapi_gpu_getboardinfo error code=-1