Windows 10: Today's optional Nvidia update messed up my Win10 Desktop graphic card

Discus and support Today's optional Nvidia update messed up my Win10 Desktop graphic card in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Today's optional Nvidia update of 30.n.n.77nn messed up my Win10 Home desktop graphic card and now there is nothing on the screen and I cannot access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ken94110, May 16, 2023.

1. Ken94110 Win User

Today's optional Nvidia update messed up my Win10 Desktop graphic card

Today's optional Nvidia update of 30.n.n.77nn messed up my Win10 Home desktop graphic card and now there is nothing on the screen and I cannot access my desktop. During the update, my screen flashed and I'm unable to see my desktop.I'm writing this help request from my laptop with an intel graphic card also on Win10Home. From my laptop, I am able to see my desktop's limited shared folders and files but not the entire C drive because I didn't share it at a high level. Anyway, seeing the shared folders and files means my desktop is intact but the graphic card is no longer useable. Any ideas wha

:)

Ken94110, May 16, 2023

2. Nvidia Graphics Card

Hello Brian,

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 16, 2023
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Graphic card nvidia

Hi Alingy

By default if you have on-board graphics and a dedicated Graphics card, Windows will use the on-board graphics until you perform some intensive graphics task, at that point it should automatically switch over . .

Things were better when Nividia allowed us to turn off the on-board graphics with Optimus, sadly that option is no longer available to us . .

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to System - Display - at the bottom, click Graphics Settings

On that page, you can add to the list of apps that should just use the Nvidia graphics card . . .

DaveM121, May 16, 2023
  4. anvarali Win User

How to use intel graphics card instead of nvidia when using external monitor ?

Hi, I'm Anvar, I'd be glad to help you today on this

Kindly follow below steps

Open the NVIDIA* Control Panel.

Under 3D Settings select Manage 3D Settings.

Click the Program Settings tab

Select the program you want to choose a graphics card for from the drop-down list.

Select the preferred graphics processor in the drop-down list. If you want to use the integrated graphics card, select Integrated Graphics.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

anvarali, May 16, 2023
Thema:

1. Today's optional Nvidia update messed up my Win10 Desktop graphic card - Similar Threads - Today's optional Nvidia

2. Today's optional Nvidia update messed up my Win10 Desktop graphic card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Today's optional Nvidia update messed up my Win10 Desktop graphic card: Today's optional Nvidia update of 30.n.n.77nn messed up my Win10 Home desktop graphic card and now there is nothing on the screen and I cannot access my desktop. During the update, my screen flashed and I'm unable to see my desktop.I'm writing this help request from my laptop...
  3. Today's optional Nvidia update messed up my Win10 Desktop graphic card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Today's optional Nvidia update messed up my Win10 Desktop graphic card: Today's optional Nvidia update of 30.n.n.77nn messed up my Win10 Home desktop graphic card and now there is nothing on the screen and I cannot access my desktop. During the update, my screen flashed and I'm unable to see my desktop.I'm writing this help request from my laptop...
  4. Resolution messed up after new Nvidia geforce graphics update

Resolution messed up after new Nvidia geforce graphics update: Hello so I have a problem. When I try to install drivers newer than 517.48 my resolution messes up and I have only two options. I tried using DDU didn't work, changing display port also and I don't know what to do next. Maybe someone can help. Also I was using windows 10...
  5. Resolution messed up after new Nvidia geforce graphics update

Resolution messed up after new Nvidia geforce graphics update: If you are having an issue to where you change your resolution and the screen is shrunk. Just go to your nvidia control panel and click on adjust size and position and then select full screen. It should solve your problem....
  6. Resolution messed up after new Nvidia geforce graphics update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Resolution messed up after new Nvidia geforce graphics update: So I just built a new pc, and updated the nvidia graphics driver. After doing so, my resolution zoomed in and stretched. I’m now limited to two resolution options, both of which aren’t the correct size. It works fine if I roll back the driver, but then the performance isn’t...
  7. Nvidia graphic card

Nvidia graphic card: My laptop broke down a few days ago and it got repaired and after the repair i was left in dust i had to start all over without knowing anything I downloaded my games but then realized that there was no graphic card in my laptop I don't know what to download how to download...
  8. NVIDIA GRAPHICS CARD PREVENTING UPDATES

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NVIDIA GRAPHICS CARD PREVENTING UPDATES: How long before Microsoft fixes this Nvidia graphics card problem. I'm stuck at update 1909. Whenever I go to the update screen this comes up automatically. [ATTACH]...
  9. Nvidia graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia graphics card: Hello! I have a pc with a Gigabyte A320M-S2H motherboard AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Vega 8 graphics. I have purchased a Nvidia GTX1050TI graphics card. When I first installed the graphics card and powered up the screen was 800 x 600. I inserted the driver disk that came with the...
  10. Graphic card nvidia

Graphic card nvidia: I recently did a clean installation of windows 10 and after installing the new os windows wont detect and use my primary graphic card which is nvidia 940mx and i tried installing the latest drivers but it still uses on board graphics what shoud i do? P.S: i tried the nvidia...