Windows 10: Today's pop up

Discus and support Today's pop up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I opened my laptop this afternoon, I had a pop-up message in the bottom right corner about some kind of new update. I clicked on the More Info,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by geekiamnot_CJ, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Today's pop up

When I opened my laptop this afternoon, I had a pop-up message in the bottom right corner about some kind of new update. I clicked on the More Info, and I now I don't know how to accept the update. How can I find out how to get the update? My updates are current and it does not show as something which needs to download.

Thanks!

:)

geekiamnot_CJ, Sep 4, 2018

2. ? Block pop-ups in Edge on the phone

Hello,

Pop-ups or pop-up ads are online advertisement that opens a new browser window when clicked or when the website was accessed. For now, the feature of blocking pop-ups or pop-up ads is available for browsers installed on PC's or desktops.

We request that you file this or up-vote an existing feature suggestion using the Windows Feedback Hub app. To submit a new feedback/suggestion, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app or press and hold Volume
      Down+Power button for about 2-3 secs to launch the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Microsoft Edge Pop-up Blocker

Hello,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Click on (…) at the top right corner.

• Click on settings.

• Click on View Advanced Settings.

• There you will be able to manage Pop ups.

• If you don’t want then you will be able to turn on/off.
    Please refer to the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-hk/windows-10/block-pop-ups-in-microsoft-edge

Hope this helps, keep us posted.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Today's pop up

Pop up blocker

Hi,

Pop-up blocker helps user to prevent pop-ups from displaying in a user's Web browser.

Follow these steps to block pop-ups in Internet Explorer:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Open the gear icon at the upper right of the Internet Explorer.
    • Select Internet Options.
    • Under Privacy tab, put a check mark on Turn on Pop-up Blocker.
    • Click OK.
    Follow these steps to block pop-ups in Microsoft Edge:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Open More (icon with three dots) and select Settings.
    • Click View advanced settings.
    • Turn Block pop-ups to On.
    Let us know how it goes.

Antoneth Ber, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Today's pop up

1. Today's pop up - Similar Threads - Today's pop

2. Bluetooth worked yesterday. Today it is MIA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth worked yesterday. Today it is MIA: Yesterday everything was working normally. This morning My Bluetooth is gone. It is not in the lower right hand tray. The symbol is gone. There is no option to turn the Bluetooth on or off. Pic below. On the Device Manager all Bluetooth options are greyed out. Pic below I...
  3. Bluetooth worked yesterday. Today it is MIA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth worked yesterday. Today it is MIA: Yesterday everything was working normally. This morning My Bluetooth is gone. It is not in the lower right hand tray. The symbol is gone. There is no option to turn the Bluetooth on or off. Pic below. On the Device Manager all Bluetooth options are greyed out. Pic below I...
  4. Today i had a pop up saying i had a trojan horse. I called number on the screen because i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Today i had a pop up saying i had a trojan horse. I called number on the screen because i...: The lady that supposedly helped me is called Angela Green. Is this real? Or am i being scammed? Has this ever happened to somone else? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/today-i-had-a-pop-up-saying-i-had-a-trojan-horse-i/b4710f07-41fb-4f10-9d67-ccb7307d8052
  5. Today i had a pop up saying i had a trojan horse. I called number on the screen because i...

Today i had a pop up saying i had a trojan horse. I called number on the screen because i...: The lady that supposedly helped me is called Angela Green. Is this real? Or am i being scammed? Has this ever happened to somone else? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/today-i-had-a-pop-up-saying-i-had-a-trojan-horse-i/b4710f07-41fb-4f10-9d67-ccb7307d8052
  6. IMMEDIATE HELP please..... Critical Alert pop ups today

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IMMEDIATE HELP please..... Critical Alert pop ups today: Today I was startled by a number of critical alert pop ups and a locked notebook screen with a voice saying I needed to call a number Microsoft techs. I did so and they spent an hour working on my new computer. I am expected to pay £295 for an anti hacking software which has...
  7. IMMEDIATE HELP please..... Critical Alert pop ups today

IMMEDIATE HELP please..... Critical Alert pop ups today: Today I was startled by a number of critical alert pop ups and a locked notebook screen with a voice saying I needed to call a number Microsoft techs. I did so and they spent an hour working on my new computer. I am expected to pay £295 for an anti hacking software which has...
  8. Acer Nitro 5. Worked fine, turned it on today and these are the only two things that’ll pop up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Acer Nitro 5. Worked fine, turned it on today and these are the only two things that’ll pop up.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TSTB0324 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jee3v0/acer_nitro_5_worked_fine_turned_it_on_today_and/
  9. Today my PC did some updates, and now the file manager fonts as well as all tool tip pop ups...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Today my PC did some updates, and now the file manager fonts as well as all tool tip pop ups...: Open and are completely unreadable, gibberish. I took a snip of one of the dialog boxes . I will try to post it , if needs be. This happened today as soon as pc restarted after update. Anyone have any idea why or how to fix it? Honestly i am to tierd to try to figure it...
  10. Attacked by Tech Support Scam Pop-Up Today (01-18-2018)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Attacked by Tech Support Scam Pop-Up Today (01-18-2018): Today, at about 4:30 pm EST, I was hit by a Pop-Up Tech Support Scam. I couldn't close it out, but I could still use Windows Defender. I ran the Quick Scan (It only took about 3 minutes.), and it showed No Threats. I then immediately ran the Full Scan -- it took one hour...