Windows 10: Today's Update Broke Me & My OS

Discus and support Today's Update Broke Me & My OS in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; (KB3150513) this just came out so try to run the windows update repair then try the update again - this could be a patch. This came out a day after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Udonitron, Mar 14, 2017.

1. maranna Win User

Today's Update Broke Me & My OS

(KB3150513) this just came out so try to run the windows update repair then try the update again - this could be a patch.

This came out a day after the main update.

maranna, Mar 15, 2017
  2. Udonitron Win User

I cannot get into Windows Update in Safe Mode with Networking, it just closes when I click on it and I will not be able to get into it if booted normally.

Udonitron, Mar 15, 2017
  3. hju58 Win User
    Same here for me

hju58, Mar 15, 2017
  4. Udonitron Win User

Udonitron, Mar 15, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    It's not...
    March 15th 2017 Update KB3150513 for Windows 10 Version 1607

6. Udonitron Win User
    Thanks for that Fly Agaric Bree!

Udonitron, Mar 15, 2017
  7. hju58 Win User
    hju58, Mar 15, 2017
  8. Udonitron Win User

Udonitron, Mar 15, 2017
  9. JediD Win User
    Same problem. Windows updated at 6 pm today and now I get a black screen when I open task manager. Any UAC prompts don't show up at all, just a dark tinted screen. To get out of that screen I can control-alt-delete and then [escape] out of the black screen. Some programs on the start menu are grayed out like calculator. Takes all eternity to shut down. Other programs on the task bar will launch eventually, but are slow and unresponsive. Also the logon screen background has turned blue for some reason. Was playing video games right before and it was preforming perfectly. I also regularly do a virus scan everyday, so a virus is unlikely.

JediD, Mar 15, 2017
  10. Udonitron Win User
    Oh ya, it is the update 100%...even though it passed through as completed and 100% just once tiny core necessary file was corrupt or incomplete and thus started a peristaltic reaction.

Udonitron, Mar 15, 2017
  11. Udonitron Win User
    Running tweaking.com's repair software, it is almost done.
    We will see if it does anything.

Udonitron, Mar 15, 2017
  12. Udonitron Win User
    Well I thought it worked but then I realized it was just the same.
    One thing to note is when my PC first boots and I login, everything works perfectly while it is starting up until something specific loads in and boom, all the issues appear.
    I am not sure if it is a hardware peripheral or an actual file causing the issue.

Udonitron, Mar 15, 2017
  13. Udonitron Win User

I plugged in my headset and the drivers tried to install for it but they got just under a 1/4 of the way and then froze.
    As soon as I pulled all my USB devices it finished installing quickly.
    Could be a coincidence as well but something is definitely loading up shortly after boot that is killing the functionality we are experiencing.

Udonitron, Mar 15, 2017
  14. Udonitron Win User
    Ugh...I need my PC working again.
    I am just going to have to format, no one has a clue how to fix this and I have been at it all day.
    What a waste...MS you suck.

Udonitron, Mar 15, 2017
  15. Hey everyone just made an account to say I've been trying to find a solution to this issue for two days now with no luck! I knew it couldn't have been only me having issues with the update. This is very frustrating I'd rather not do a full new installation which again I would have to jump through a bunch of hoops to do

Stickychief, Mar 15, 2017
Thema:

1. Today's Update Broke Me & My OS - Similar Threads - Today's Update Broke

2. Win10 to 11 update broke OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 to 11 update broke OS: Managed to make a fresh install of win11 and got so far to get it activated, but my biggest problem is still that im locked out of my files in the old c:/ which had some keys and passwords.Any suggestions on how to retrieve them since its system protected......
  3. Win10 to 11 update broke OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 to 11 update broke OS: So last night windows decided to update wihtout asking and woke up to srttrail.txt error and an infinite repair loop, i couldnt access safemode by any means.Pretty much tried everything and had to do a fresh install of win11 after it.Now im having a problem that the windows...
  4. Win10 to 11 update broke OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 to 11 update broke OS: So last night windows decided to update wihtout asking and woke up to srttrail.txt error and an infinite repair loop, i couldnt access safemode by any means.Pretty much tried everything and had to do a fresh install of win11 after it.Now im having a problem that the windows...
  5. Win10 to 11 update broke OS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Today’s Windows Update broke everything. How to roll back?

Today’s Windows Update broke everything. How to roll back?: Today I allowed a Windows update to run & restart my Lenovo laptop. At restart my bluetooth quit working. Troubleshooting stated Bluetooth wasn’t available. I was using BT speakers daily before the update. I decided to Shut Down then restart. Now the start up process doesn’t...
  7. Google Hangouts in Gmail Broke After Today's Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Google Hangouts in Gmail Broke After Today's Windows Update: May 12, 2020 We get back home early this evening to find windows 10 ver. 1903 wanting to restart the computer to complete it's update. The update went smoothly. We have a voip phone, google hangouts in gmail. When we tried to place a call, the dialer box pops up normally but...
  8. Todays forced Windows 10 update broke my PC

Todays forced Windows 10 update broke my PC: Today at around 5PM there was a forced update on my PC. I have until then had no issues on my computer at all. Now though, every time I play any game, the computer abruptly switches off and then restarts. I can load games and get to the main menu fine, but as soon as I hit...
  9. Windows 10 update broke my OS

Windows 10 update broke my OS: So I decided to do a windows update. I'm using windows 10. After it updated for about 2 hours, it would not boot into the OS. I tried rolling back the update using the BIOS settings but I just keep getting error messages, when I set it to "windows rollback" it just boots back...
  10. Microsoft Updated I.E. Flash Today. How? Win10 Broke?

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Updated I.E. Flash Today. How? Win10 Broke?: 9-21-2015 Today I received and installed an update from Microsoft labeled Adobe Flash Player Security Update for Internet Explorer. I don't have the Adobe Flash Player Active-X plug-in installed. In fact, Windows10 won't let me install it. So... why did Microsoft...