Windows 10: Today's update removed my damn taskbar and start menu pins!

Discus and support Today's update removed my damn taskbar and start menu pins! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Today's update removed my damn taskbar and start menu pins! Then added your own BS that I already deleted. Nobody wants your crappy browser btw!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StarfleetJ, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Today's update removed my damn taskbar and start menu pins!

Today's update removed my damn taskbar and start menu pins! Then added your own BS that I already deleted. Nobody wants your crappy browser btw!

A55holes!

:)

StarfleetJ, Sep 18, 2018

2. Can't pin to start menu/taskbar (SOMETIMES)

Ok I have been having problem pinning to the start menu since upgrading from 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro but have been ignoring it but it finally can to rest as an annoying problem.

The other day I upgraded Office 2013 to Office 365. After the installation was complete none of the short cuts were in my start menu or the all app list. I found the directory where they were installed and start clicking Add to start and add to task bar.
    All the application pinned to start except Word, but I could pin it to the task bar. On the other account only a couple office application would pin to either. I ran a repair on office it did not help.

I was thinking it was a problem with office but now I am having other programs do this so it must be a Windows 10 issue (my computer).

Today I tried to pin Hyper-V manager to the start menu, it would not pin. Pinning to the taskbar worked just fine.

I can't really find a pattern to what will pin where and what won't.

I have run the scan disk and the repair and also the Dism cleanup-image and restorehealth.

Any other suggestions?

*** Edit

Ok looking a the file system the shortcuts seem to be there but I can't see them in the start menu. Is there a way to reset just the start menu or refresh it? I am assuming the shortcuts for the start menu are at the following location.

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

John J. Hughes II, Sep 18, 2018
  3. How to pin shortcut to start menu.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you would like to know how to pin short cut to start menu.

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below if you are using Windows 7.

Pin a program to the Start menu

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Pin-a-program-to-the-Start-menu

And if you are using Windows 10 then I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

Pin apps to Start

Pin the apps you use most often to the Start menu. Here's how:

• Go to Start > All Apps.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) an app.
    • Select Pin to Start.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Sep 18, 2018
  4. Today's update removed my damn taskbar and start menu pins!

Unable to removed pinned item from start menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

How exactly you’re trying to remove pinned tiles from start menu?

I understand that you are unable to remove the pinned item from the Start menu.

Please follow the steps below to remove pinned item from the Start Menu:

• Click on the Start menu.
    • Click on Expand Start menu.
    • Right Click on the pinned item and select Unpin from Start menu
    If you are still facing issues while removing the site, please share a screenshot of the issue, so that we can further assist you.

Please follow the steps below to take a screenshot and to upload with your reply:

• Find Print screen Key on your keyboard.
    • To Capture Screen Image, press the Print Screen (PrtScn) key once, your screen will be captured and stored in clipboard.
    • Now open any image editing application in Windows like Microsoft Paint and then press Ctrl + V key to paste the taken Screenshot of the Image on Paint and then save it by pressing Ctrl + S button.
    • After you have saved the file, click on Reply button.
    • Click on insert Image option and select the image file that you have saved.
    • Now click Submit.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Mohammed Yaseer, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Today's update removed my damn taskbar and start menu pins!

1. Today's update removed my damn taskbar and start menu pins! - Similar Threads - Today's update removed

2. Damn updates!~!~

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Damn updates!~!~: Cool edit does run in windows ten at least it did for me for the past 4 years now all the sudden zip!! ****!! tried uninstalling and reinstalling, now Mine you it not the output Playing just fine, it's recording mode zip nothing in any program will not record!! even installed...
  3. Damn updates!~!~

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Damn updates!~!~: Cool edit does run in windows ten at least it did for me for the past 4 years now all the sudden zip!! ****!! tried uninstalling and reinstalling, now Mine you it not the output Playing just fine, it's recording mode zip nothing in any program will not record!! even installed...
  4. Remove Chrome pinned items from Start Menu and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Chrome pinned items from Start Menu and Taskbar: Hello,We are rolling out a new secured browser to our company. We don't want to remove Chrome right away, but business has requested that we remove Chrome pinned items from Start Menu and Taskbar. I was trying to find a way to remove just Chrome icons without completely...
  5. Remove Chrome pinned items from Start Menu and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Chrome pinned items from Start Menu and Taskbar: Hello,We are rolling out a new secured browser to our company. We don't want to remove Chrome right away, but business has requested that we remove Chrome pinned items from Start Menu and Taskbar. I was trying to find a way to remove just Chrome icons without completely...
  6. Remove Chrome pinned items from Start Menu and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Start menu and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start menu and Taskbar: My windows key won't open Starrt menu, start menu not working and cant click on icons on taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-and-taskbar/42d3aa3f-6402-4283-96d7-4265d76fc090
  8. Taskbar and Start menu

Taskbar and Start menu: Hello Microsoft Community! I want a problem solve to the taskber, the problem is that I want to know what is the main thing to what apps are pinned to the task bar and how are they organized, I want the same thing in the start menu, I have a 21H1 version of windows 10....
  9. Taskbar removing pinned programmes when starting

Taskbar removing pinned programmes when starting: I've never had this issue until recently. I'm on windows 10 and linked to a works server. I have edge pinned to my taskbar but when ever I start up the computer it's been replaced with a plain white tab with nothing linked to it so I have to re-pin it everytime I start the...
  10. Windows 10 1809 update removes pinned tiles in start menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1809 update removes pinned tiles in start menu: I recently updated my Windows 10 installation to version 1809, and noticed that some of the applications that I had shortcuts pinned to my start menu had disappeared. I cannot figure out why Microsoft seems to think it can randomly change the look and feel of a computer with...