Windows 10: Today's update to Windows 10 today's date 03/20/2020

Discus and support Today's update to Windows 10 today's date 03/20/2020 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Got Windows 10 update today 3/20/20 has been on 91% for a couple of hours. How long should I wait?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Spclk, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Spclk Win User

Today's update to Windows 10 today's date 03/20/2020

Got Windows 10 update today 3/20/20 has been on 91% for a couple of hours. How long should I wait?

:)

Spclk, Mar 20, 2020
  2. desennium Win User

Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Microsoft released Windows 10, code named "Threshold 1," a little over two years ago. As of May of this year, there were approximately 500 million Windows 10 devices worldwide. Originally, Microsoft predicted that Windows 10 would be installed on 1 billion devices by mid-2018. When released, Windows 10 gained huge adoption from those running Windows 7 from the "free-upgrade program" which lasted one year.

Since then however, installations have slowly declined and in July of last year, Microsoft admitted that they would miss their projected goal of 1 billion devices. Since its release, Windows 10 has had three major update releases with "Threshold 2," in 2015, "Anniversary Update," in 2016, "Creators Update" in April of this year and today marks the release of Microsoft's fourth major feature update to its operating system, dubbed "Fall Creators Update," version 1709.

Today's update brings about many new features including:
    • OneDrive On demand (formerly known as OneDrive Placeholders introduced in WIndows 8.1) a way to keep track of your files stored on OneDrive from any of your devices without having to store them locally.
    • 'My People' Hub Integration makes it easier to stay in touch with people right from the taskbar
    • Story Remix gives you to the tools and the power to create content from your photos and videos to make memorable stories
    • Windows Mixed Reality brings a new generation of augmented reality where the real world meets the digital one.
    • Fluent Design System is Microsoft's new design that will take place over the next few years with each feature update. Microsoft intends to make all products and devices one user interface and it begins with the Fall Creators Update.

Furthermore, Microsoft has made changes and brings privacy enhancements with today's update. The Fall Creators Update gives users more control of what information is being collected. Users will be greeted with the Privacy Statement on the setup process to get an idea of what information that entails. Microsoft is also adding two game anti-cheating systems, called TruePlay and Game Monitor, to address the problem of cheating similarly to what VAC (Valve Anti-Cheating) does for Steam.

The Fall Creators Update is available today but will be rolled out in stages as usual. Newer devices most compatible with Windows 10 will receive the update first. The rollout will take several months before everyone is updated. However, if you don't see today's update you can use the Update Assistant Tool to manually update now, here.

Source: Microsoft

desennium, Mar 20, 2020
  3. MPSAN Win User
    Todays Update took 20+ Minutes!

Why does this happen? I did today's Windows 10 64 bit and Office 2016 64 bit update and it took over 20 minutes to download and install. Am I the only one? It seems to be good.

MPSAN, Mar 20, 2020
  4. xendistar Win User

2020-03 Cumulative update failure

I have Windows 10 1909 64bit installed on a Lenovo laptop. When I try to install the 2020-03 Cumulative update (KB4540673) it will download and then install to the point of saying that it is 100% installed, then it will change to say There were problems Installing some Updates, -Error 0x800f0982

I have run the disk clean up and run scan /sfc on the C drive, the C drive is a SSD with 65gb free.

I have checked on line and the suggestion are to remove any recently installed language packs, I only have one language pack installed, English (United Kingdom) so I am not likely to be uninstalling that. The laptop has been running with Windows 10 since June 2019 with no problems.

Can anybody please advise

xendistar, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Today's update to Windows 10 today's date 03/20/2020 - Similar Threads - Today's update today's

2. Found today in update. 2018 dates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Found today in update. 2018 dates?: This appeared today. Win10 fully up to date as of this date. Yes I rebooted to no avail. Have no idea what this stuff is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/found-today-in-update-2018-dates/de30c2de-7336-448e-afac-7301687add9b
  3. Found today in update. 2018 dates?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Found today in update. 2018 dates?: This appeared today. Win10 fully up to date as of this date. Yes I rebooted to no avail. Have no idea what this stuff is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/found-today-in-update-2018-dates/de30c2de-7336-448e-afac-7301687add9b
  4. Found today in update. 2018 dates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Todays date as screensaver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Todays date as screensaver: Hello, is it possible to put today's date as a screensaver in Windows 10?Similar to the time option in the windows settings.Thank you in advance.Kind regards,Dominik...
  6. Todays date as screensaver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Todays date as screensaver: Hello, is it possible to put today's date as a screensaver in Windows 10?Similar to the time option in the windows settings.Thank you in advance.Kind regards,Dominik...
  7. Todays date as screensaver

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Todays Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Todays Windows Update: Just installed todays (11-13) Windows update and when I try to see "View installed updates" it is a blank page--nothing. Is anyone else having this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/todays-windows-update/41db7ef2-ee16-4595-ad1c-97f6819d7283
  9. Todays Update took 20+ Minutes!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Todays Update took 20+ Minutes!: Why does this happen? I did today's Windows 10 64 bit and Office 2016 64 bit update and it took over 20 minutes to download and install. Am I the only one? It seems to be good. 79355
  10. Todays Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Todays Update: Hi There. Just did the latest update this morning took a while to complete but working okay. Just one issue I notice in my C drive that there is Windows old showing up with this latest update will it be okay to delete that ? as we did before when I went from W8.1 to...