Windows 10: Today's Windows 10 update locked me out

Discus and support Today's Windows 10 update locked me out in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I chose to restart when windows 10 asked me to install today's update, Now it has a page asking if I want to rollback or reset my laptop. No system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by seventh, May 22, 2018.

1. seventh Win User

Today's Windows 10 update locked me out

I chose to restart when windows 10 asked me to install today's update, Now it has a page asking if I want to rollback or reset my laptop. No system restore and it can't fix start up. I did get to the log on screen but it's asking for a password and I didn't have one. Can't boot to safe mode. Has there been any solution to this today?

:)

seventh, May 22, 2018

2. Locked out

• windows 10 account lockout duration default

• how long does windows 10 lock you out for wrong password

• this sign in option has been locked for security reasons windows 10

• how long does windows lock you out for wrong password?

• account lockout threshold best practice

ClareBlack, May 30, 2018
  3. No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "rolling slideshow ", what exactly are you referring to?
    • When you say that "I can't activate it again.", are you referring that you are not able to Activate Windows 10?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps which you have performed to resolve the issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 30, 2018
Thema:

Today's Windows 10 update locked me out

1. Today's Windows 10 update locked me out - Similar Threads - Today's update locked

2. Update locked me out of laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update locked me out of laptop: I did an update 3 days ago on windows 10. I'm now locked out of my computer as Bitlocker has been turned on. I have never turned this on I didn't even know this was a thing till now. This isn't too much of a problem for me and files I don't mind losing them. We have tried...
  3. Update locked me out of laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update locked me out of laptop: I did an update 3 days ago on windows 10. I'm now locked out of my computer as Bitlocker has been turned on. I have never turned this on I didn't even know this was a thing till now. This isn't too much of a problem for me and files I don't mind losing them. We have tried...
  4. Update locked me out of laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 update locked me out for a month

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update locked me out for a month: I updated my windows 11 and it asked me to set up a new pinthen it asked for my info i put in my correct Microsoft info but it still asks for a number verification via a number thats no longer in usei go to Microsoft change the number then try again this pops up"Your security...
  6. Bitlocker locked me out after Windows update

Bitlocker locked me out after Windows update: Hello,I have been locked out of my computer after a Windows update, the message is asking me for my Bitlocker recovery key. I purchased this computer and no one else has ever touched it. I never had a Bitlocker recovery key. The version I have is a home edition and a lot of...
  7. Windows 10 has lock me out.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 has lock me out.: � I was setting up to encrypt Windows 10 and it went to the DOS screen with blinking indicator. It will not load up Windows. I do not have any back up and I've tried to reinstall Windows and I don't have enough memory to do that. UrgentHelpTerry. *** Email address is...
  8. Windows locking me out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows locking me out: I have a windows 10 and its stuck on the lock screen not responding to any input ive tryed a few things ctrl alt delete unplugging it turing it off and on switching the boot devices all doesnt work i was uninsalling somthing and had to resart my pc it was an app that allowed...
  9. New update locks me out.

New update locks me out.: Hi guys and gals, I was just wondering if anyone knows of any fixes for the current windows update, I've reinstalled it 5 times now with the same issue. The issue being it boots up as normal, I get to the lock screen, I enter my pin and then my screen blinks then it's...
  10. Windows 10 Update Locked Me Out

Windows 10 Update Locked Me Out: In the process of moving 5files from drivers c to e, MS began an update in the middle of the 3rd file transfer. The transfer froze and later dropped through to a blue screen with only part of my desktop and my files were unavailable. I can no longer log into my computer...