Windows 10: Today’s Windows Update broke everything. How to roll back?

Discus and support Today’s Windows Update broke everything. How to roll back? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Today I allowed a Windows update to run & restart my Lenovo laptop. At restart my bluetooth quit working. Troubleshooting stated Bluetooth wasn’t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LindaHagan1, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Today’s Windows Update broke everything. How to roll back?

Today I allowed a Windows update to run & restart my Lenovo laptop. At restart my bluetooth quit working. Troubleshooting stated Bluetooth wasn’t available. I was using BT speakers daily before the update. I decided to Shut Down then restart. Now the start up process doesn’t seem to complete. My taskbar icons don’t appear. My pointer spins & spins. I can’t even click on the Windows Start button.Help!

:)

LindaHagan1, Nov 12, 2020
  2. Udonitron Win User

Today's Update Broke Me & My OS

I am getting some serious issues after rebooting my PC today to install updates!
    My Service Host DCOM is using g 30+% of my CPU after the reboot and when I click on any windows apps on the task bar nothing happens.
    I cannot open edge, mail, or the windows start menu and I get nothing when right clicking.
    If I open chrome it just sits at a white screen with a page unresponsive showing.
    Trying to uninstall silver light that was installed with the update today but that is just stuck on preparing to remove.
    This update seriously has screwed my computer... Well done MS. =(

Tried doing a system restore back to March 11th but it just keeps failing with an 0x80070091 error.
    Wow this update....
    I would suggest to NOT update your PC today!
    I assume the update did not fully install and broke much of the core services?

Udonitron, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 12, 2020
  4. DRDNA Win User

Today’s Windows Update broke everything. How to roll back?

Microsoft withdraws bad Windows 7 update that broke future Windows 7 updates

"Unfortunately, this apparently simple change has had severe consequences for some users of Windows 7 Service Pack 1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1, with users reporting that Windows Update, drivers from both Nvidia and AMD, and some third-party software including Virtual Box are all unable to install correctly. The error code 0x8004FF91 seems to be a common finding."

http://arstechnica.com/information-...7-update-that-broke-future-windows-7-updates/

DRDNA, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Today’s Windows Update broke everything. How to roll back?

1. Today’s Windows Update broke everything. How to roll back? - Similar Threads - Today’s Update broke

2. Rolling back updates manually?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rolling back updates manually?: I've just had to reset my PC due to a number of issues I suspect were caused by the recent 2004 Update. I want to go back to 1909, but the reset automatically installed 2004, so I have no update history to draw it from. Does anyone know if there is a way to download 1909,...
  3. Update Won't Roll Back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Won't Roll Back: Patch Tuesday was 2 days ago. This morning, when I rebooted, something had trashed my desktop, 2 email programs, Word, most of my startups, etc. I assume this was Windows Update but can't be sure. Win is now Version 1903 (Build 18362.1082); was 1903 but I don't know what...
  4. How to roll back Windows 10

How to roll back Windows 10: The latest Windows update has caused my 2nd monitor to stop working Windows no longer detects its existence. System restore was not enabled perhaps because system disk is small SSD, with secondary HDD, and Settings app does not have option "Go back to the previous version...
  5. Update broke computer, unable to roll back

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update broke computer, unable to roll back: Today, I updated my computer. The update made me unable to login. I know how I am supposed to be able to roll back the update: Boot into recovery mode, then select uninstall update. However, it asks for my Microsoft Account password to do that. When I provide the password,...
  6. Roll back Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Roll back Windows 10 update: I don't know if there was one last night, but I think there was. Now half my games won't load, my microphone won't work and Chrome setup itself to bing, which it's never done before, and I don't know why else than a windows update it would. almost all of my stuff is broken,...
  7. Windows update broke everything - yet again!!!!!

Windows update broke everything - yet again!!!!!: I'm sick and f*cking tired of your Windows 10 updates! Get your **** together Microsoft. One day you break sound... The next day you break the Start Menu so that whenever the Start Menu is open my keyboard no longer works!! I'm SICK AND TIRED OF IT!!!! Leave my machine...
  8. July Xbox Update Rolling Out Today

in Windows 10 News
    July Xbox Update Rolling Out Today: E3 may be in our rear view like a fall leaf in Forza Horizon 4, but we’ve been busy updating the Xbox experience and adding features that you’ve requested. The July Xbox Update adds features that make finding content even easier and offers a host of improvements to Mixer....
  9. Microsoft Updated I.E. Flash Today. How? Win10 Broke?

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Updated I.E. Flash Today. How? Win10 Broke?: 9-21-2015 Today I received and installed an update from Microsoft labeled Adobe Flash Player Security Update for Internet Explorer. I don't have the Adobe Flash Player Active-X plug-in installed. In fact, Windows10 won't let me install it. So... why did Microsoft...
  10. How to update after rolling back

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to update after rolling back: So I rolled back the 393 build to the 372 build. Windows is smart enough to not re-update me to 393 when Windows check for updates. There should be a check box or something to allow the update. So now I want to go to 393 again but WU is not seeing it. How do I force it ?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update broke pc