Windows 10: TODO Free Backup, and General Backup Questions

Discus and support TODO Free Backup, and General Backup Questions in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello, What a great Forum and folks. Sure do appreciate all the help I've received. Have a new HP Desktop running W10, and want to install a backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Robert11, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Robert11 Win User

TODO Free Backup, and General Backup Questions

Hello,

What a great Forum and folks.
    Sure do appreciate all the help I've received.

Have a new HP Desktop running W10, and want to install
    a backup program on it.

Will purchase an external HD for it.

I see that: Best free backup software for Windows 10/8.1/8/7/vista - EaseUS® Todo Backup Free also called TODO,
    is highly recommended, and is also free.

a. Is this the one to go with among the free ones ? pros and cons ?

b. Also, will it back up, initially at least, the complete program also, or only files, documents, photos, etc. ?

c. If not, any way of backing up full programs, like, e.g., WORD, and all sorts of other programs I use ?

Much thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Apr 25, 2019
  2. rtwjunkie Win User
    rtwjunkie, Apr 25, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    Backup software

*Smile TODO Free Backup, and General Backup Questions :) Todo backup has no task scheduler issues. You can have it scheduled, or you can remember to do it manually.

rtwjunkie, Apr 25, 2019
  4. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

1. TODO Free Backup, and General Backup Questions - Similar Threads - TODO Free Backup

2. TODO Free Backup, and General Backup Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    TODO Free Backup, and General Backup Questions: Hello, What a great Forum and folks. Sure do appreciate all the help I've received. Have a new HP Desktop running W10, and want to install a backup program on it. Will purchase an external HD for it. I see that: Best free backup software for Windows 10/8.1/8/7/vista -...
  3. Easeus todo backup software problem

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Easeus todo backup software problem: I have easeus todo backup home 11.5 I had to reinstall my windows 10 but, before I did, I made a full system backup to to an externel HD On my PC I have a 256 G SSD drive and a 1TB HD (HP Omen PC) In the todo recovery screen of I have 2 options, I have to pick one or the...
  4. Macrium backup question

Macrium backup question: [img] Can someone tell me if that one box marked in red is something to ignore in the backup process. Thanks. 126596
  5. Is it EaseUS Todo Backup that simple?

Is it EaseUS Todo Backup that simple?: I was trying out this backup system, and to my surprise, both disk/partition backup and system backup have finished fairly soon. Also, I was expecting a shutdown for a full system partition backup, but both were done online while I was working on other stuff. Is it really...
  6. Question on Macrium backups

Question on Macrium backups: Thanks for thinking about answering my question! I currently have the following backup plan for my laptop - full backup on Sunday, then Differential every other day of the week. So in the case of a failure, I just have to restore the Sunday Full and the latest Differential...
  7. Backup @ Recovery question

Backup @ Recovery question: I just upgraded W7 to W10 on my old laptop. Now I want to create a backup in case my HDD fails. 1. Create Recovery Drive (windows utility) using USB drive. 2. Run Backup and Restore (windows utility) using external HDD. One think I noticed it says "Backup and Restore...
  8. easeus todo backup free

easeus todo backup free: 14GB image for an MR image would make me check out the MR image in a hurry -- something must have gone wrong during the backup process; I guess that concept applies to EaseUS also.
  9. backup and restore question

backup and restore question: Hi everyone, I clean installed windows 10 from previously having windows 7, however I noticed in control panel>system and security>backup and restore, that it shows windows 7 in brackets. I've posted a screenshot below, and a screenshot of the next screen if I click on...
  10. Backup/Image question

Backup/Image question: Hello, For a new laptop with NVMe 256GB and an internal HDD 2TB, was wondering what the best way is to make a backup of OS partitions so that if needed, just copy over the partitions and be done with it. I have moved Users folder to another partition so I currently have:...