Windows 10: Together with Windows 1809 update proposed OLD drivers

Discus and support Together with Windows 1809 update proposed OLD drivers in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Community! Last week my Windows 10 proposed (I did not manually press the "Check for Updates...") to update my W10 Pro 1803 for 1809. The Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by T Suominen, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Together with Windows 1809 update proposed OLD drivers

Hi Community!

Last week my Windows 10 proposed (I did not manually press the "Check for Updates...") to update my W10 Pro 1803 for 1809. The Windows update sequence included a bunch of old driver versions (e.g. graphics adapter, display, NIC...) - basically all those proposed driver "updates" were older ones than I have currently installed.

I have well maintained and updated my system & drivers through Lenovo System Update tool (and Windows updates through Windows). After reading from the net (e.g. Twitter, Reddit and various other channels) that users should wait for updated drivers first.

So my question actually is: are we expected to receive somekind fix 1) from Microsoft or from 2) Lenovo regarding this old drivers issue?

At the moment, I will not install 1809 or driver update(s) offered by Microsoft (updates put on hold for 30 days).

:)

T Suominen, Oct 11, 2018

2. Windows 10’s October 2018 Update (version 1809) Update Stuck at 42%

Windows 10 1809 is just a day old. My suggestion is to hold on till the first cumulative updates arrive.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Oct 11, 2018
  3. WillBthr Win User
    Windows 1809 Started the install on Surface Pro 4 but it stopped and the update screen closed by itself.

It started the download of 1809 and I walked away. Came back twenty minutes later and the update page was no longer open. Tried update again and it said it's updated.

It didn't complete the update or state the RESTART NOW.

Update history lists 1809 and states RESTART REQUIRED but since it didn't complete the install restarting does nothing.

So it thinks it's installed the 1809 update but it hasn't. It won't download 1809 again.

ABOUT say's it is 1803.

Suggestions?

WillBthr, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Together with Windows 1809 update proposed OLD drivers

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Together with Windows 1809 update proposed OLD drivers

1. Together with Windows 1809 update proposed OLD drivers - Similar Threads - Together 1809 update

2. updates all together

in Windows 10 Gaming
    updates all together: i currently downloaded and immediately uninstalled the new update and i don't like it at all i hate the new volume bar and i liked the old one and while i'm on WhatsApp calls it has delay with drag functions...
  3. updates all together

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    updates all together: i currently downloaded and immediately uninstalled the new update and i don't like it at all i hate the new volume bar and i liked the old one and while i'm on WhatsApp calls it has delay with drag functions...
  4. Old Driver Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old Driver Update: Is old driver update will delete itself after 30 days like winsxs? If its not, how do I delete old driver update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-driver-update/4cf7f9e4-1f06-4c79-9a78-f32bebf2126d
  5. Old Driver Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Driver Update: Is old driver update will delete itself after 30 days like winsxs? If its not, how do I delete old driver update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-driver-update/4cf7f9e4-1f06-4c79-9a78-f32bebf2126d
  6. Windows Update pushing the old drivers for display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update pushing the old drivers for display: Hi! I have been facing an issue for a long time now which is getting on my nerves now. The display driver for my device has the latest drivers installed from the original driver website... but due to some reason, windows update pushes the older version of a driver over the...
  7. Driver Updates on Old Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Driver Updates on Old Windows 10: Hello, I need help! My mom has a laptop that needs its WiFi drivers updated, so much so that it can’t even connect to WiFi (it connects to the network, but it remains on “No Internet Access”). Ethernet doesn’t work either. The WiFi adapter is the Intel(R) Dual Band...
  8. Use old data together with a new SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Use old data together with a new SSD?: Hello, which is that I have now reinstalled Windows 10 on a new SSD. The data from the old SSD I still have on the old SSD (who would have thought it) and would like to use it, e.g. games or old memory in games. But there are no icons displayed but only folders....
  9. Windows Update Force install the old driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update Force install the old driver: well, first, i start with windows update in position auto update, then my driver vga auto update for amd, but, not update for newest driver but return to install the old driver, from amd 18.7.1 back to 17.7, anyone can give me solution? sorry for my bad english....
  10. Windows 10 and 1809 update with OLD drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 and 1809 update with OLD drivers: Hi Community! Yesterday my Windows 10 proposed (I did not manually press the "Check for Updates...") to update my W10 Pro 1803 for 1809. The Windows update included a bunch of old driver versions (e.g. graphics adapter, display, NIC...) - basically all those driver "updates"...