Windows 10: Toggle keys on but no sound

Discus and support Toggle keys on but no sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I noticed that when I hit the cap lock there is no sound. I went to Settings/Ease of Access/Keyboard and the Toggle Keys is on. I was going to try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nikilet, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Nikilet Win User

Toggle keys on but no sound

I noticed that when I hit the cap lock there is no sound. I went to Settings/Ease of Access/Keyboard and the Toggle Keys is on.

I was going to try "troubleshooting" the problem with audio10.diagcab, but I get a pop: An error occurred while troubleshooting. A problem is preventing the troubleshooter from starting. (see screenshot)

I ran the troubleshooter in Windows for audio and at first it told me to open the Audio Enhancements and select, or de-select. I can't remember for sure what it said. Before I could go any further with that another box popped up telling me the troubleshooter made some changes to my system, as shown in the screenshot attached. So I tried the Caps Lock key again and it still won't make any sound.

:)

Nikilet, Jul 23, 2017

2. Toggle key sound

You can click the volume icon in the Taskbar notification area then click the sound icon to mute it.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 23, 2017
  3. Toggle key sound

I have EVERY setting for Caps Lock/Num Lock toggle keys to NOT play a sound when hit but still the sound persists. I can not turn it off and it drives me CRAZY. HOW DO I TURN THE SOUND OFF????????? I FOLLOWED EVERY THING ON HERE, BUTTONS ARE UNCHECKED
    BUT IT DOES NOT WORK.

davidsalvatore, Jul 23, 2017
  4. Nikilet Win User

No I haven't. Someones they work and sometimes not.

Nikilet, Apr 5, 2018
  5. NEURO2015 Win User
    I've had this problem since fall of 2017 and haven't been able to get any Num Lock and Caps Lock beeps to work. Also, I've noticed that when dialogue box warnings pop up, like when closing a document before saving, those warning sounds don't work.

Have you found a solution to the problem to share?

NEURO2015, Apr 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Toggle keys on but no sound - Similar Threads - Toggle keys sound

2. Toggle Key Sound not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toggle Key Sound not working: In system settings, I enabled toggle key sounds and it isn't working after multiple attempts and reboots. I'm stumped. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toggle-key-sound-not-working/f2e332d3-5bfe-4cad-8bc1-51141957b70f
  3. Toggle Key Sound not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toggle Key Sound not working: In system settings, I enabled toggle key sounds and it isn't working after multiple attempts and reboots. I'm stumped. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toggle-key-sound-not-working/f2e332d3-5bfe-4cad-8bc1-51141957b70f
  4. sounds for toggle keys 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sounds for toggle keys 2: Ref this post - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sounds-for-toggle-keys/bb96f504-5559-4b32-a01e-823454911ef0I have tried solutions 1 and 2. Both work, for a period, then revert to being off. Toggle Sounds is ON. Allow the shortcut key to turn on Toggle...
  5. sounds for toggle keys 2

sounds for toggle keys 2: Ref this post - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sounds-for-toggle-keys/bb96f504-5559-4b32-a01e-823454911ef0I have tried solutions 1 and 2. Both work, for a period, then revert to being off. Toggle Sounds is ON. Allow the shortcut key to turn on Toggle...
  6. sounds for toggle keys 2

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. sounds for toggle keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sounds for toggle keys: I usually have sounds enabled for Num Lock and Caps Lock. After the last Windows updates, these no longer work. The image above shows they are activated. If I hold the Num Lock key down for 5 secs I get a squirt-like sound and the toggle is turned off. If I hold it down again...
  8. sounds for toggle keys

sounds for toggle keys: I usually have sounds enabled for Num Lock and Caps Lock. After the last Windows updates, these no longer work. The image above shows they are activated. If I hold the Num Lock key down for 5 secs I get a squirt-like sound and the toggle is turned off. If I hold it down again...
  9. sounds for toggle keys

10. Windows 10 Toggle Keys do not sound

Windows 10 Toggle Keys do not sound: Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro due to the support of Win 7 being discontinued. Everything went smoothly but there is an issue with the Toggle Keys not making any sound. The issue is very similar to this topic:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. toggle keys is not making a sound

2. no sound from toggle keys