Windows 10: Toggle start menu on and off?

Discus and support Toggle start menu on and off? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a habit of opening like 5-6 apps when I log in. Is it possible to have my start menu NOT go down when I click on a pinned program? I hit start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gailson0192, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Toggle start menu on and off?

I have a habit of opening like 5-6 apps when I log in. Is it possible to have my start menu NOT go down when I click on a pinned program?

I hit start > discord > start > battle.net > start > folder location > start > Minecraft > steam

Is there a way I can hit all those apps without having to open the start menu every time?

submitted by /u/gailson0192
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gailson0192, Dec 6, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Settings icon missing from the Start Menu in Windows 10

Hello Venkatesh,

This issue might have occurred if you have disabled the settings icon from the Start Menu. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Click Start, type
      Start settings and click the Start settings in results

• Click "Choose which folders appear on Start"

• Enable "Settings" toggle button.

Hope this helps. Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Dec 6, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brinks menu toggle program bug in it (build 9926)

Hello Jimbo,

It wasn't a bug, but was done by design to toggle between the Start screen and the new expandable Start menu.

I have added step 3 in OPTION ONE so that folks can choose to use step 2 for the new expandable Start menu or step 3 for the old resizable Start menu though. Toggle start menu on and off? :)

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...text-menu.html

Brink, Dec 6, 2019
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Toggle start menu on and off?

Brinks menu toggle program bug in it (build 9926)

Hello Jimbo,

It wasn't a bug, but was done by design to toggle between the Start screen and the new expandable Start menu.

I have added step 3 in OPTION ONE so that folks can choose to use step 2 for the new expandable Start menu or step 3 for the old resizable Start menu though. Toggle start menu on and off? :)

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...text-menu.html
    Hi there

Thanks

BTW comment reminds me back in the old days if someone found a bug IBM would say "That's not really a Bug but a FEATURE" !!.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Toggle start menu on and off?

1. Toggle start menu on and off? - Similar Threads - Toggle start menu

2. Widgets keeps on starting up even after it's toggled off in Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widgets keeps on starting up even after it's toggled off in Settings: It seems the toggle feature in Windows to disable Widgets is only to remove it from your taskbar. I actually continues to run in the background along with msedgewebview2.exe which is dependent on Widgets.exe.How permanently disable Widgets from running in the background?...
  3. Widgets keeps on starting up even after it's toggled off in Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Widgets keeps on starting up even after it's toggled off in Settings: It seems the toggle feature in Windows to disable Widgets is only to remove it from your taskbar. I actually continues to run in the background along with msedgewebview2.exe which is dependent on Widgets.exe.How permanently disable Widgets from running in the background?...
  4. Bluetooth Toggle Locked on Off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Toggle Locked on Off: I recently updated my Windows 10, and in the days since, my Bluetooth toogle has been locked in the off position. Whenever I try to turn Bluetooth on, it immediately turns off 1 second later as if it is locked on being switched off. What I've tried so far (with no success):...
  5. Turning off start menu internet search

in Windows 10 Support
    Turning off start menu internet search: I finally got around to backing up my original dell image, and installing a clean Windows Pro image from Microsoft instead (been meaning to do it for a while). Dell didn't even originally give me the correct language version of Windows for my laptop, a minor annoyance but it...
  6. No Bluetooth on/off toggle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Bluetooth on/off toggle: No Bluetooth on off toggle @ no Bluetooth setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-bluetooth-onoff-toggle/13700816-b2b1-4c76-aabf-bba82437680a
  7. Turn off tiles in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off tiles in Start Menu: I saw how to disable the apps in the Start Menu. Can the tiles be disabled? I have never used them and never will. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-tiles-in-start-menu/deb68d78-20e3-4c60-a11f-33eb505ec97c
  8. Bluetooh on / off toggle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooh on / off toggle: My laptop don't show the Bluetooth toggle switch, it had Blue tooth capabilities https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooh-on-off-toggle/54f61676-c481-4028-b312-591e20976400
  9. toggle screen on/off

in Windows 10 Support
    toggle screen on/off: Hi, I am using a Dell inspiron 15 5555. Is there any way I can flip my screen on/off with a single key? I don't wont to "sleep" the laptop, just Hide my screen info (and Show again). Like when someone is looking over my shoulder or something... Any ideas???...
  10. Start Menu, Search, and Volume toggle in Notification area not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu, Search, and Volume toggle in Notification area not working: So, this last update seems to have killed the start menu again. After reboot, it might work, it might not, but not too long there-after it just quits working all-together if it was working before. Same with search and Volume toggle. Dang! Mines an AMD machine which is perhaps...