Windows 10: toggle to disable touchpad has disappeared

Discus and support toggle to disable touchpad has disappeared in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In Device Settings, the toggle to disable the touchpad has disappeared, and the touchpad has become active. I must have it off.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Donald in Arizona, Oct 6, 2020.

1. toggle to disable touchpad has disappeared

In Device Settings, the toggle to disable the touchpad has disappeared, and the touchpad has become active. I must have it off.

:)

Donald in Arizona, Oct 6, 2020
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

disable touchpad

Hi Donna,

Disabling touchpad will depend on the make and model of your Laptop. Some models would have its own button that would allow you to disable/enable the touchpad from the keyboard. Other models would also have settings from its own driver software that would
    allow you to toggle it on/off. Since you've mentioned that your laptop is Dell, may we know the specific model?

However, if you have other pointing device to connect on your laptop (like a mouse), you can disable the touchpad through Windows settings by following these steps:

• On your keyboard, press Windows + I.
    • Click Devices.
    • Choose Touchpad.
    • Uncheck Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected.

After performing the steps above, your touchpad will be disabled until you disconnect the other pointing device.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards.

Ralph Sta, Oct 6, 2020
  3. disable touchpad

Hi James,

Touchpad is usually disabled and re-enabled by pressing the Fn and either
    F3 or F9 keys, but that depends on the laptop that you have. Each brand have its own shortcut keys. However, you can disable the touchpad from the Settings page. Follow these steps:

1. Open Settings > Devices.
    2. In the left pane, click Touchpad.
    3. To completely disable the touchpad, toggle off Touchpad.
    4. If you only want to disable the touchpad when an external mouse is connected, check the box for
      Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected option.

Let me know if you need further help so I can assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 6, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

toggle to disable touchpad has disappeared

Disabling touchpad gestures in Windows 10

Hi Andrzej,

Precision touchpad is one of the improvements recently brought to Windows 10 to support touch gestures. Is you device running on Windows Creators Update? If yes, follow the steps below to disable touchpad:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Ease of Access.
    • Click Touchpad.
    • Under Touchpad, toggle the switch on or off.
    • You can also uncheck the box beside Leave touchpad on the when a mouse is connectedoption to disable it when you use a traditional mouse.
    Once done with the steps above, check if the issue will persist.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

toggle to disable touchpad has disappeared

1. toggle to disable touchpad has disappeared - Similar Threads - toggle disable touchpad

2. Option to disable Touchpad on Windows 10 has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Option to disable Touchpad on Windows 10 has disappeared: I have a Lenovo Thinkpad on which I've previously disabled the touchpad in order to prevent accidental contact with the touchpad interfering with my keystrokes and the position of the cursor. I've never used a touchpad in my life and have no wish to ever do so.I've just...
  3. Option to disable Touchpad on Windows 10 has disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Option to disable Touchpad on Windows 10 has disappeared: I have a Lenovo Thinkpad on which I've previously disabled the touchpad in order to prevent accidental contact with the touchpad interfering with my keystrokes and the position of the cursor. I've never used a touchpad in my life and have no wish to ever do so.I've just...
  4. Option to disable Touchpad on Windows 10 has disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth on/off toggle has disappeared

Bluetooth on/off toggle has disappeared: I have read and followed all the feeds that mention this issue, but none of them are working. I have a Dell NIBV43Q Inspiron 3583 laptop and my Bluetooth has disappeared. It was working fine, now it is gone. It has gone in my action screen as well. Running the troubleshooter...
  6. Losing touchpad toggle

Losing touchpad toggle: I have searched some solutions on google but did not find anything suitable for me.[ATTACH]I do not know why I lost the toggle, touchpad still works simple tasks but not the gestures. Before, I could use gestures but lost them suddenlymaybe due to little water spilt on it.I...
  7. Bluetooth toggle in settings disappeared

Bluetooth toggle in settings disappeared: [ATTACH][ATTACH]I have an issue that ive seen many times on this forum but I none of the advice fornithers has worked for me. One day after logging in the blue toggle dissapeared. ive tried the following: ive gone tonservices.msc to stop and restart bluetooth support...
  8. Disable double tap toggle button feature for Microsoft precision touchpad

Disable double tap toggle button feature for Microsoft precision touchpad: I want to disable this feature but there is no options to. Synaptics touchpads had this option as shown below. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-double-tap-toggle-button-feature-for/503e9d5e-daee-4fcc-9dfb-1f7ece186496
  9. Bluetooth button/toggle has disappeared??

Bluetooth button/toggle has disappeared??: On my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro, the Bluetooth button/toggle has disappeared?? Is this a driver issue? How do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-buttontoggle-has-disappeared/1b34ee80-d9e3-4570-9376-853db462480d
  10. Windows Cellular Toggle Disappears.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Cellular Toggle Disappears.: hi Guys. I have a few Dell Latitude 5175's in our organisation. they all run on Windows 10 version 1709. drivers are updated to the latest versions available, but I seem to come across an issue when the cellular toggle disappears. anyone have a fix for that????...