Windows 10: Toggle to lock keyboard input

Discus and support Toggle to lock keyboard input in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, Is there a way to lock your keyboard input through Windows? My cats are a pain in the neck. I normally leave my laptop on for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LadyMortem, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Toggle to lock keyboard input

Hi all,

Is there a way to lock your keyboard input through Windows?

My cats are a pain in the neck. I normally leave my laptop on for music/calls/etc. at night, and they like to crawl all over the keyboard, causing all sorts of mass destruction by the time I'm up in the morning. It would be so helpful if there was a shortcut or something to toggle locking the keyboard and preventing any input.

Thanks in advance.

:)

LadyMortem, Jun 23, 2020
  2. takumi86 Win User

Toggling between keyboard input methods in complex Chinese

Hi, if you need to toggle between different keyboards you need to follow these steps:

• Click the Start menu and select Settings.
    • Select Time & language.
    • Click Region & language in the left column.
    • Under Languages click the language you want as default and click Set as default.
    Hope that helps.

takumi86, Jun 23, 2020
  3. To Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone

Hi Marcela,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you have an issue with sound on toggle keys, I suggest you to change the toggle keys settings
    and check.

Steps:

• Press Windows key from keyboard and type
      Toggle.
    • Select Hear a tone while pressing Caps lock, Num lock and Scroll lock.
    • Under Toggle keys, change the settings and check.

If the issue still persists, Run troubleshooter from
    Fix sound problems and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Toggle to lock keyboard input

Keyboard language - wont toggle language

I have a Korean keyboard installed and when I use windows key and space bar it toggles keyboard but not input language.. i have to manually click on icon next to it - A or 가, to get the correct language, It was working for all of 5 minutes the other day when I figured out that windows icon and space bar would change it but now it isn't and i have tried any suggestion on this sites and others already.. would love some assistance

taylorconnie, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Toggle to lock keyboard input

1. Toggle to lock keyboard input - Similar Threads - Toggle lock keyboard

2. Toggle on screen keyboard button on lock screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Toggle on screen keyboard button on lock screen: [ATTACH] Hi guys, like the image. I had this on screen keyboard on a windows 7 touch screen panel. And I need it to do the same on a windows 10 build. However going into the settings I only get a floating keyboard and it this one where it's integrated onto the screen...
  3. Toggling Keyboard input language from english to Polish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toggling Keyboard input language from english to Polish: I would like to be able to toggle my keyboard input language from english to polish as i am bilingual. I have installed the polish language pack already but when i try to install it again it gets stuck. I tried removing and installing it as well but still can't seem to type...
  4. Toggling Keyboard input language from english to Polish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toggling Keyboard input language from english to Polish: I would like to be able to toggle my keyboard input language from english to polish as i am bilingual. I have installed the polish language pack already but when i try to install it again it gets stuck. I tried removing and installing it as well but still can't seem to type...
  5. Keyboard Input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Input: Hello,Today set up Japanese input in the settings so that I can write in hiragana/katakana because I needed it for a task for school I set this up on my laptop a year ago and it works perfectly but then when I tried to set it up it would write the wrong character it was the...
  6. Bluetooth Toggle Locked on Off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Toggle Locked on Off: I recently updated my Windows 10, and in the days since, my Bluetooth toogle has been locked in the off position. Whenever I try to turn Bluetooth on, it immediately turns off 1 second later as if it is locked on being switched off. What I've tried so far (with no success):...
  7. Keyboard Input Stuttering and Input Locking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Input Stuttering and Input Locking: I am having 2 similar issues involving my keyboard: When doing normal tasks typing documents, searching through YouTube, etc. my keyboard inputs stutter, when I type a full word the cursor freezes for a second then updates and inputs all of the previous letters I typed....
  8. Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard Toggling Num lock/Scroll lock

Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard Toggling Num lock/Scroll lock: Have just purchased the Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard and have been unable to work out how to toggle Num lock. I spend much of my time writing software and being able to use the number pad is essential to navigate through code when editing. Looking through documentation...
  9. keyboard inputs

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard inputs: Hello, My win 10 is in EN. My keyboard is AZERTY. I don't know from where all those keyboards come from neither how to get rid of them. It kept switching automatically from one to another in-game, This is so frustrating & discussing. .[ATTACH]...
  10. Keyboard input

Keyboard input: So I accidentally pressed two buttons on my keyboard (pretty sure it was left shift+alt or something similar) and now my shift+2 does not make the @ symbol. It has been switched with the key that creates the " symbol. So now if I press shift+2 it creates @ and if I press...