Windows 10: toggle to switch taskbar location from bottom to right and back

Discus and support toggle to switch taskbar location from bottom to right and back in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know how to do it in several steps, but it would be ideal if it could be achieved by a hotkey or a batchfile. Do either exist ? 128451 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sebastian42, Mar 7, 2019.

1. toggle to switch taskbar location from bottom to right and back

I know how to do it in several steps, but it would be ideal if it could be achieved by a hotkey or a batchfile. Do either exist ?

:)

Sebastian42, Mar 7, 2019

2. Taskbar location

Hi Todd,

Sudden changes in the location of the taskbar can occur due to misconfiguration in Windows settings. But you don't have to worry, you can modify the location where the taskbar will be displayed. Follow these steps to change the location of your taskbar:

• Right click on your taskbar.
    • Choose Taskbar settings.
    • Look for Taskbar location on screen. The drop-down button under it will let you choose your preferred location for the taskbar.

For further information on how to use the taskbar in Windows 10, visit this
    link

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Pesky Taskbar

Hi Watson,

This behavior of your Taskbar is part of the settings set on your computer.

To automatically hide your Taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Right click on the Taskbar.
    • Select Taskbar settings.
    • Toggle the switch to on for Automatically hide the Taskbar in desktop mode.

Note that it’s not permanently hidden, it’s just hidden if the pointer is away from it.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted for other concerns if you have any.

Aldwin Ale, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

toggle to switch taskbar location from bottom to right and back

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

toggle to switch taskbar location from bottom to right and back

1. toggle to switch taskbar location from bottom to right and back - Similar Threads - toggle switch taskbar

2. Windows 11 taskbar bottom right glitching/flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar bottom right glitching/flickering: HiPc Specs:Device name Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 14 AMDProcessor AMD Ryzen 5 5600U with Radeon Graphics 2.30 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 13.9 GB usable Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 21H2 OS build 22000.282 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.282.0...
  3. Windows 11 taskbar bottom right glitching/flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 taskbar bottom right glitching/flickering: HiPc Specs:Device name Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 14 AMDProcessor AMD Ryzen 5 5600U with Radeon Graphics 2.30 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 13.9 GB usable Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 21H2 OS build 22000.282 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.282.0...
  4. Is there a way to have everything on my taskbar (thats on the bottom) to be from right to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to have everything on my taskbar (thats on the bottom) to be from right to...: As in that everything thats in the left like start to be on the right and so on . submitted by /u/manayer_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ht0inc/is_there_a_way_to_have_everything_on_my_taskbar/
  5. Taskbar switches from top to bottom?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar switches from top to bottom?: Windows 10 home 1909 fully up to date. I often find that the taskbar switches from the top of my dual monitor display (desktop PC) to the bottom on both displays even though I have the taskbars locked and setup correctly in settings. Anyone else having this problem? And is...
  6. How can I switch back on notifications that appear in the bottom right hand side of the screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I switch back on notifications that appear in the bottom right hand side of the screen?: When I did an activity on my Windows 10 desktop PC, such as this: Eject a USB device. I used to see a pop up notification appear, in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. I also used to hear a notification sound too. Now, I do not see this notification. I must...
  7. ad popup bottom right taskbar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ad popup bottom right taskbar: Hi, Following a visit to this website [http://tobydeals.co.uk] I've started to receive a pop up in the bottom right of my screen, it's an ad with no option to close, that attempts to drag me back to the site. I've checked Chrome and added a Block pop ups for that URL. I've...
  8. Removing the hovering taskbar in the bottome right corner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing the hovering taskbar in the bottome right corner: I recently upgraded to window 10 and something really annoys me. In the bottom right corner of my screen, there is a arrow that when clicked, pulls out a taskbar that gives my 4 buttons to press that change my power settings. Auto, Performance, Powersaving and Away mode....
  9. How to move taskbar back down to bottom

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to move taskbar back down to bottom: I accidentally hit some key or something, and the taskbar that was sitting happily at the bottom of the screen shifted to the middle of the screen, leaving the bottom of the screen totally black and blank. I do not want to have to move it to the left or top or right but want...
  10. Unhiding the icons in the bottom right area of the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Unhiding the icons in the bottom right area of the taskbar: Hi, in Windows 8.1 there was an option to "show icon and notifications" for the icons that were hidden by the upward pointing arrow. I cannot seem to find this option in Windows 10, is there any way to set it so more of my icons can be seen right on the bottom right area of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. switch taskbar location

2. how to move taskbar to bottom windows 10

3. how to move task par down the screen

4. move taskbar to bottom