Windows 10: Toggle Turn On or Off Auto Align Icons within folders for Windows 10

Discus and support Toggle Turn On or Off Auto Align Icons within folders for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want align folders, documents, files etc. within a folder in any order I choose. So I'd like to be able to toggle back & forth to "Turn On or Off the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DanMcD, Jan 18, 2020.

1. DanMcD Win User

Toggle Turn On or Off Auto Align Icons within folders for Windows 10

I want align folders, documents, files etc. within a folder in any order I choose. So I'd like to be able to toggle back & forth to "Turn On or Off the Auto Align of Icons" for items within folders using Windows 10.

I saw several tutorials (with bat files) posted by Shawn Brink along these lines but not exactly as I describe above.

Is this possible for Windows 10 as of Jan 2020? I'm a new owner of a computer with Windows 10 Pro (version 1909) and this is my 1st forum post. If there are any tutorials like this with bat files to do the heavy work, I would appreciate knowing how to get them.

Bye the way, I downloaded some bat type files that Shawn Brink provided. Some just downloaded fine and they looked like a registry key symbol. But others, after they were downloaded, looked like a plain file and my Windows 10 computer ask me if I wanted to keep it or not since i might be harmful to my computer. Anyone know what that's about??

:)

DanMcD, Jan 18, 2020

2. All icons on the desktop are aligned to left, though "Auto arrange" turned off. (Windows 10)

I put icons on the desktop in the different places - left, right, top bottom - as useful for me. After restarting all icons automatically aligned to left, though "Auto arrange" turned off. Even after refreshing (F5) they again aligning to left.

P.S. No one advice from here helps to solve this problem. It happens in all users' accounts. OS Windows 10

North-South, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Shojie Win User
    Icon/Desktop Alignment Issues

I have all toggled/ticked but the "Auto arrange icons"; because when "Auto arrange icons" is toggled as well, all icons are forced in proper order from top of left of the screen in a line towards the start menu. The issue with that is I CAN NOT move the
    icons, they bounce back. I'd like to freely move my icons where I want them not where Windows wants to put them.

So "Align icons to grid" & "Show desktop icons" are toggled, I removed the toggle from "Auto arrange icons" - positioned my icons where I wanted them. Clicked Start>Restart>waited>logged into Windows> ICONS are back to original position in the photo I added
    in the original post.

Shojie, Jan 18, 2020
  4. noahgebre Win User

Windows 10 keeps resetting my folder view preferences, also keeps aligning my desktop icons into grid.

Using windows 10, and loving it. except for this one little thing. it keeps resetting my preferences of how i want my folder items to be arranged. it keeps changing the view back to "list" even though i repeatedly chose the view to be a "thumbnail". and
    it also keeps auto aligning my desktop icons into a grid(even when the "align icons into grid" is not ticked). can you help me fix this?

noahgebre, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Toggle Turn On or Off Auto Align Icons within folders for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Toggle Turn Off

2. cant turn on NumLock always auto toggle off PLEASE HELP FIX THIS

in Windows 10 Customization
    cant turn on NumLock always auto toggle off PLEASE HELP FIX THIS: Hello For some time im dealing with the problem with my numlock i want it on and use the num keys on my right side keyboard,the problem : the i want to toggle the numlock on it has 3 actions :When i push the Num Lock key 1 It automaticly writes this "afjlk;d6fjlk;d"2 a window...
  3. Auto turn off "Show desktop icon"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto turn off "Show desktop icon": I have a pretty nice wallpaper but it's covered by the icons most of the time. So I want to ask if there is any way to turn of "Show desktop icon" whenever I boot up my PC?...
  4. Auto turn off "Show desktop icon"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto turn off "Show desktop icon": I have a pretty nice wallpaper but it's covered by the icons most of the time. So I want to ask if there is any way to turn of "Show desktop icon" whenever I boot up my PC?...
  5. Auto turn off "Show desktop icon"

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Toggle to turn Bluetooth On or Off is missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Toggle to turn Bluetooth On or Off is missing in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Windows 10 has always included support for Bluetooth hardware. Well, this support has been here for a while now. And with support for the latest version of Bluetooth 5.0 LE, it keeps getting even better. But at times some users have [...] This post Toggle to turn...
  7. Desktop Icons - Can't align to grid/Auto-arrange

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons - Can't align to grid/Auto-arrange: My desktop icons are aligning on the left of my desktop. When I try to move them, they snap back to where they were. So, I tried right-clicking the desktop thinking I would uncheck "Align icons to grid". That option was not checked, and neither was "Auto arrange icons". I...
  8. Turn On or Off Auto Arrange Desktop Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto Arrange Desktop Icons in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Auto Arrange Desktop Icons in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Auto Arrange Desktop Icons in Windows 10 [img] Information The desktop is the main screen area that you see after you turn on your PC and sign in to Windows. Like the top of an...
  9. Turn On or Off Align Desktop Icons to Grid in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Align Desktop Icons to Grid in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Align Desktop Icons to Grid in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Align Desktop Icons to Grid in Windows 10 [img] Information The desktop is the main screen area that you see after you turn on your PC and sign in to Windows. Like the top of an...
  10. Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone in Windows 10 When you press the Caps Lock, Num Lock, or Scroll Lock keys on your keyboard, it will toggle turning on and off Caps Lock, Num Lock, or Scroll Lock. This...