Windows 10: Toggling Between Integrated Webcam And External Webcam.

Discus and support Toggling Between Integrated Webcam And External Webcam. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello all. My laptop integrated webcam is Windows hello capable, cool stuff. I just purchased a new external 4K (logitech brio) webcam for my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Escribano - Jose Angel, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Toggling Between Integrated Webcam And External Webcam.

Hello all.

My laptop integrated webcam is Windows hello capable, cool stuff.

I just purchased a new external 4K (logitech brio) webcam for my office videoconferencing and i found it is compatible also with windows hello.

What i found is .... i cannot choose/switch which camera to use for facial recognition. It always point me to the integrated device.

The only way to use my external device is.... disable the internal one on 'device manager'.

In my office my laptop is docked on a place where i cannot open the lid -so using the integrated webcam is not on the table- just plug the thunderbolt and rock on. So... how do you guys tune your windows to allow the webcam to use for windows hello?

I know it's rare those days having two cams compatible with windows hello, but this is something must be fixed in short/mid term.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Jose Angel.

***Changed Original Title From: Windows hello webcam selection***

:)

Escribano - Jose Angel, Jul 2, 2019

2. Integrated webcam not working

Hello,

0xA00F4244 error code may be caused by an antivirus software that's blocking the camera or it could be an outdated webcam driver. Follow the troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1: Disable antivirus.

In your antivirus app, look for settings related to blocking access or permission to use your webcam. For help, visit your antivirus software company’s website.

Method 2: Check for an outdated webcam driver.

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and then select
      Device Manager from the search results.
    • Find your webcam under Imaging devices or Sound, video and game controllers.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) the name of your webcam, and then select
      Properties
    • Select the Driver tab, select the Driver Details button, and look for a file name that includes
      stream.sys. If it’s there, your webcam was designed before Windows 7 and you'll have to replace it with a newer webcam.
    • If you don't find a file name that includes stream.sys, try rolling back your webcam driver.

Method 3: Roll back your webcam driver.

• In Device Manager, press and hold (or right-click) your webcam, and then select
      Properties.
    • Select the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver, and then choose
      Yes. (Note that some drivers don’t provide a rollback option.)
    • After the rollback is complete, restart your PC, and then try opening the Camera app again.
    • If rolling back didn’t work or isn’t available, uninstall your webcam driver and scan for hardware changes.

Method 4: Uninstall your webcam driver and scan for hardware changes.

• In Device Manager, press and hold (or right-click) your webcam, and then select
      Properties.
    • Select the Driver tab, select Uninstall >
      Delete the driver software for this device
      , and then select OK.
    • In Device Manager, on the Action menu, select
      Scan for hardware changes. Wait for it to scan and reinstall updated drivers, restart your PC, and then try opening the Camera app again.
    • If your webcam still doesn’t work, try looking for help on the webcam manufacturer’s website.

Let us know the result of the troubleshooting steps.

Regile Reb, Jul 2, 2019
  3. Webcam Problems?

Step One - go back to your computer mfgr's support site, register, and download the latest drivers and chipset software. When I visited Dell I found 9 as of yet uninstalled updates for my two yr old laptop!

Visit Adobe and check which version of Flash Player you're running, and D/L the latest version.

You should be good to go. Your webcam's controlled by your web browser but also authorized and either blocked or allowed by the identity software of sites you visit. Here's Coursera's instructions for fixing identity verification problems:

If you're having trouble with your webcam:

1. Check that your webcam is enabled and connected to your computer. Try a third-party tool like http://www.testwebcam.com.
    2. Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
    3. Check that you have the latest version of your browser or try using a different browser.
    4. If you’re using an external webcam, verify that you've installed your webcam's most recent driver software from the manufacturer.
    5. Try refreshing the page.
    6. Try switching to HTML5 webcam access by clicking the Switch to HTML5 link in the lower right hand corner of the webcam window.
    If you see a dialogue box entitled Adobe Flash Player Settings:

1. Click Close
    2. Click Allow
    If the webcam area is blank:

1. Right click on webcam area
    2. Select Settings
    3. In the Settings menu, click the webcam icon and change the camera option to match the webcam you are using
    Note to Google Chrome users: If the webcam area on the page is blank, and you can't access the Flash settings menu, click the small camera icon to the right of your browser bar and select "Always allow Coursera - Free Online Courses From Top Universities to access your camera and microphone."
    To allow Flash access manually (in Google Chrome):

1. Type chrome://plugins into your browser bar
    2. Find the Adobe Flash Player plugin
    3. Check Always allowed
    4. Quit Chrome and restart

graylingskies, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Toggling Between Integrated Webcam And External Webcam.

Updating Webcam Drivers

I have an ASUS GL551JW with a built-in webcam. I am having sync issues between the audio and video when I use Camtasia 8.6. The software manufacture told me to check my webcam drivers.

I checked the drivers and they are from 2006. They are Microsoft drivers. I contacted ASUS and they couldn't provide me any information on updated drivers, but they were able to give me the following details about my webcam:

I have been searching online but I'm not finding anything that is helpful for obtaining updated drivers. Maybe there aren't any updated drivers, but I am hoping that they've been updated since 2006.

I have already downloaded the Intel chipset drivers from ASUS. I am not sure if that would include the webcam drivers. That's what ASUS told me to download.

Device Manager lists the webcam as: USB2.0 UVC HD Webcam. I am using Windows 10.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or can someone help me find some updated drivers for this webcam?

P.S. I am planning on buying a "real" webcam in the next couple months, but until then, I need to try to get this one working. Everything works fine on this webcam, and the video is good, it's just out of sync with any recorded audio.

Kenneth R. Jones, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Toggling Between Integrated Webcam And External Webcam.

1. Toggling Between Integrated Webcam And External Webcam. - Similar Threads - Toggling Between Integrated

2. integrated webcam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    integrated webcam: integrated webcam will not work after upgrading to Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-webcam/6169524e-044a-46c8-83ae-e34378f08f2f
  3. integrated webcam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    integrated webcam: integrated webcam will not work after upgrading to Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-webcam/6169524e-044a-46c8-83ae-e34378f08f2f
  4. Integrated Webcam Issue

Integrated Webcam Issue: Recently, my laptop's integrated camera stopped working. I checked the device manager and found that the camera was now named Integrated_Webcam_HD and recognised as a USB Video device. When I try to use my camera now my screen shows black where it should be showing me what...
  5. Webcams integrated + external don't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcams integrated + external don't work: Webcam features on my laptop are no longer working. I tried all the steps below in this article:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/camera-doesn-t-work-in-windows-10-32adb016-b29c-a928-0073-53d31da0dad5My system information is as follows:Inspiron 7591Microsoft Windows...
  6. External webcam

External webcam: How can I set up an external webcam on Windows 10 when its set up disc does not include Windows 10. The webcam is an ALBA M6607M https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-webcam/d7eb55ca-f0f4-4bdd-a83b-b5475e8330b1
  7. Integrated webcam

Integrated webcam: I have a Dell Inspiron 13 500 series 2 in 1 and am no computer geek. I have a recurring integrated camera issue where I manage to fix it but then a day or two later it reoccurs. It starts with code 0xA00F4244 showing on the camera app with either the camera not showing in...
  8. External Webcam

External Webcam: I connected an external webcam and the camera app recognizes it but no other apps, such as Facebook and OBS Open Broadcast Software recognize it. I have tried two different webcams, both new. I have windows 10. home....
  9. integrated webcam

integrated webcam: I have an HP 15 ac 103na laptop. When I try to open camera or virtual webcam I am told it cannot We can't find hour camera. Have tried for three days now everything correct re apps. Any help appreciated....
  10. Integrated webcam not working

Integrated webcam not working: Hi, Up until 2 weeks ago, the Webcam worked, all of a sudden, it is not I have followed all steps on the prior blogs, including uninstalling the drivers in Device Manager, with no luck Error message is as below [ATTACH] I would appreciate any assistance...