Windows 10: Tohiba Laptop does not have Stereo Mix

Discus and support Tohiba Laptop does not have Stereo Mix in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A Rant. I recently bought a new Toshiba touch screen Laptop, primarily for my recording studio and on-site recordings. It works well with my DAW... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fireberd, Oct 3, 2015.

1. fireberd Win User

Tohiba Laptop does not have Stereo Mix

A Rant.

I recently bought a new Toshiba touch screen Laptop, primarily for my recording studio and on-site recordings. It works well with my DAW Software (Sonar Platinum) and my recording hardware.

However, it does not have the Stereo Mix and from what I find there is no way to add it, as it apparently has been disabled in the hardware. There are many posts, doing a google search, about this.

I will never buy another Toshiba.

End of Rant.

:)

fireberd, Oct 3, 2015
  2. Sonja62 Win User

No Stereo Mix Voice Recorder in Windows 10 to record sound from PC

*Original Title: Stereo Mix Voice Recorder Windows 10

After upgrading to Windows 10 from Win 7 I found there was no Stereo Mix to record sound from my PC. After installing Stereo Mix I found it does not work even when you install the drivers. Voice Recorder is also useless, it records nothing just silence.
    I used to use Audacity with Win 7 and that was great but it does not work in Win 10. I have an HP Pavilion DV6 laptop.

Sonja62, Oct 3, 2015
  3. alfredmic Win User
    No Stereo Mix Voice Recorder in Windows 10 to record sound from PC

alfredmic, Oct 3, 2015
  4. caperjack Win User

I would not blame it on Toshiba ,but maybe on your lack of research into buying a laptop to fit you needs ,like a multimedia laptop, or at least one with a good sound card .to make sure you got a better sound device in your laptop ,like the Toshiba Harmon Carmon model ,or the Qosmio model ,sure they cost more ,but one gets more for the money ,,,maybe ..
    What model did you buy

caperjack, Oct 3, 2015
  5. fireberd Win User
    As I stated, I bought it primarily for my recording studio and I have no problems with that. Its an i7 CPU and 8 GB or RAM. I didn't even check the Stereo Mix as every PC I've worked on had it (or had it disabled and all I had to do was enable it). I only recall one PC, either a Sony or Samsung Laptop that didn't have this function, working the 7/8 forums.

I may never need it considering what I bought it for, but just the principle.

This particular model is a Satellite Radius P55W-B5112.

fireberd, Oct 3, 2015
  6. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Hi Fireberd.
    Is this problem still an issue for you? I realize this is an old thread, but I may have found a solution for you if it is.

Thema:

1. Tohiba Laptop does not have Stereo Mix - Similar Threads - Tohiba Laptop does

2. Stereo Mix not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stereo Mix not working: I cannot get Stereo Mix to work, I can enable it and all, however it doesn't pick up any audio at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stereo-mix-not-working/e882979e-3fe1-4966-8b98-b41c1e7e25fb
  3. Stereo Mix not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stereo Mix not showing: Hello. I recently purchased a Surface Laptop Studio and am using a Surface Go as a secondary monitor. I wanted to enable Stereo Mix but it doesn't show up no matter what I do even when I updated audio drivers. Is there a fix for this?...
  4. Stereo Mix not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stereo Mix not working: Stereo Mix is not working recently. When I play music, Stereo Mix should record it but now it has no soundnow there is only my real mic is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stereo-mix-not-working/a2e7cb9e-fb97-4f03-b083-13704a3e7555
  5. No Stereo Mix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Stereo Mix: [ATTACH] I try to use my two HDMI monitors as one audio output.So i read, that you can use the stereo mix to duplicate your output to another device.Big problem is, that there is no stereo mix for me - it's not hidden, updating my audio drivers won't fix and i'm really...
  6. Stereo Mix does not have any audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stereo Mix does not have any audio: I want to have audio simultaenously come out of my speakers as my headset. I've done this before, but I built a new PC a while ago and now when I set it up it doesn't seem to work. To clarify, I have my speakers set as my default playback device. I have Stereo Mix enabled,...
  7. Stereo Mix

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stereo Mix: Why has Stereo Mix been removed as a recording option from Windows 10? This was a very useful feature in previous Windows versions and one that I very much depended upon for the successful completion of my collegiate studies. What do you suggest as a way to enable it again?...
  8. Stereo Mix

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stereo Mix: Hi. I have a dell computer. When I try to record audio output using, say, audacity, using stereo mix, it records an overly loud background noise, which isn't present or at least must be greatly exaggerated in the original. I have the same issue if I instead use Microsoft...
  9. Realtec stereo mix

Realtec stereo mix: I can not get the Realtec stereo mix to activate. Help please. Thanks Rich https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtec-stereo-mix/021cfbd7-0f5a-4540-9e94-6305c0ae3c84
  10. Stereo Mix

Stereo Mix: How can I get stereo mix back as it appears my windows 10 laptop has conexant smart Audio HD ( LenovoZ50) which I do not like. I am aware the sound card does not of itself support stereo mix. Any suggestions please?...