Windows 10: told to log in every day, everywhere

Discus and support told to log in every day, everywhere in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Each night I set my PC to sleep and Next day I wake it up then whatever sight I go to I am told that I need to log in. This happens with AOL Mail,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Rob Somerville, Aug 18, 2017.

1. told to log in every day, everywhere

Each night I set my PC to sleep and Next day I wake it up then whatever sight I go to I am told that I need to log in. This happens with AOL Mail, Facebook, ThinkBroadband and, of course W10 Forums. I am running Windows 10 64 bit on a Lenovo ideapad. This is not a serious problem but it is annoying.

:)

Rob Somerville, Aug 18, 2017

2. Log in passwordneeds resetting every day.

Hi Micheal,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Where exactly it is prompting you to change the password?

Make sure you enter a valid password. You can validate the entered password by clicking on eye symbol.

I would suggest you to run the Microsoft Account Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 18, 2017
  3. Log in passwordneeds resetting every day.

Am having to reset Microsoft account password some times two or three times ad day. I Know my password yet it never seems to accept one unless it's a new one. So much am questioning security of account on the servers end. . Have researched how to stop
    having to use it yet seems it's mandatory. Am the only user so instead of blaming hackers, am forced to believe it's win 10/Microsoft.

MichealSims, Aug 18, 2017
  4. Rocky Win User

told to log in every day, everywhere

What web browser are you using? Do you have your web browser set up to remember your your passwords and log on information?

Rocky, Aug 18, 2017
  5. I am using Microsoft Edge and, yes, it does remember my passwords and log on information.

6. mrgeek Win User
    1) Under Settings, in middle of page, click 'Choose what to clear', uncheck box for 'Cookies and saved website data"
    2) At bottom of Edge Settings, click 'View advanced settings'. Near page bottom, choose either 'Do not block Cookies' or Block only third party cookies'.
    3) If all else fails, try the Lastpass Edge extension in the Store. Good Luck

mrgeek, Aug 18, 2017
  7. Thanks mrgeek. I carried out points 1 and 2 above the set my PC to sleep and woke it, all's well then I shut it sown and restarted it and opened several sites without being told to log in, so all seems to be sorted*Sad I'll wait for a few days before marking this as solved though, because I was given advice from elsewhere that sorted the problem and it returned shortly after, but, I live in hope.

8. mrgeek Win User

but, I live in hope

It's what keeps a lot of us going *Wink Let us know in a few days if all OK then marked solved so others with same issue can find this.

mrgeek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. told to log in every day, everywhere - Similar Threads - told log every

2. Pin Log In Unavailable Every Other Day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin Log In Unavailable Every Other Day: For years I have always logged into windows 10 with a pin code. Lately, windows has stopped giving me the option to use a pin code.It isn't happening every day, but every second or third day the option just isn't there, I have to use my normal password - which is 64...
  3. Pin Log In Unavailable Every Other Day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin Log In Unavailable Every Other Day: For years I have always logged into windows 10 with a pin code. Lately, windows has stopped giving me the option to use a pin code.It isn't happening every day, but every second or third day the option just isn't there, I have to use my normal password - which is 64...
  4. Pin Log In Unavailable Every Other Day

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Hacked account, cant log in everywhere.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hacked account, cant log in everywhere.: Hello!Alright, so I'm having alot of issues. A couple months ago I got a notification that showed logins from a different country was occuring. I hurried in to my account to double check and try to lock it down. I think I got halfway there. I can now login to my microsoft...
  6. Hacked account, cant log in everywhere.

Hacked account, cant log in everywhere.: Hello!Alright, so I'm having alot of issues. A couple months ago I got a notification that showed logins from a different country was occuring. I hurried in to my account to double check and try to lock it down. I think I got halfway there. I can now login to my microsoft...
  7. Computer crashing every day multiple times a day Crash logs attatched

Computer crashing every day multiple times a day Crash logs attatched: My pc has been crashing multiple times a day, ive cleaned everything out and everything else seems fine. Im not sure what the issue is and not sure if its related to windows or not....
  8. Computer crashing every day multiple times a day Crash logs attatched

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer crashing every day multiple times a day Crash logs attatched: My pc has been crashing multiple times a day, ive cleaned everything out and everything else seems fine. Im not sure what the issue is and not sure if its related to windows or not....
  9. Computer crashing every day multiple times a day Crash logs attatched

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. BSOD Every Day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Every Day: Hello, I am getting daily BSODs and computer freezes. Attached is my V2 Collector Log. I am using Windows 10. Please let me know if you need any other information. Thank you for your help! 161097