Windows 10: Told to RE BUY the same windows I've previously bought because I upgraded my PC?!!

Discus and support Told to RE BUY the same windows I've previously bought because I upgraded my PC?!! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Is this legit? I upgraded my processor this week and since then I've had the "activate windows" message showing up in the corner. I didn't de-activate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CrayzCrinkle, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Told to RE BUY the same windows I've previously bought because I upgraded my PC?!!

Is this legit? I upgraded my processor this week and since then I've had the "activate windows" message showing up in the corner. I didn't de-activate or transfer the key or whatever before the upgrade. I cant follow the troubleshooting steps to get it reactivated.

I just got off the support session with a online help advisor who connected to my PC and advised me the key I had was no good because it had already been used for activation, and the key couldn't be reused due to it being encrypted or some made up rubbish, and then tried to SELL me another license!

I bought win 10 a good few years ago. I was tempted to get it through illegitimate means, but I PAID for it, with that promise that it was the last version of windows we'd ever need. There was no small print, at the time I did, to state it'd only last until you upgraded your hardware, or your PC broke down. Now I'm pretty much feeling like I've been scammed. Please can someone tell me the support agent was mistaken somehow?

:)

CrayzCrinkle, Mar 14, 2019
  2. Jeryd Win User

Halo Spartan Assault cross buy

I bought it for my surface. I just got a WP. I went to buy it again - it was listed as 4.99 - and and store told me it was free. I suggest you just try and report back.

Jeryd, Mar 14, 2019
  3. magilla Win User
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Slow Build 17025 for PC Insider

@Kari, glad to know your on the way. I’ve used this similar approach before too.

magilla, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Told to RE BUY the same windows I've previously bought because I upgraded my PC?!!

Halo Spartan Assault cross buy

for me it just says to confirm the purchase and still says $4.99

JarredMoyer, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Told to RE BUY the same windows I've previously bought because I upgraded my PC?!!

1. Told to RE BUY the same windows I've previously bought because I upgraded my PC?!! - Similar Threads - Told BUY same

2. Upgraded my PC, new motherboard, now need a activation code which I've lost (Bought Windows...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded my PC, new motherboard, now need a activation code which I've lost (Bought Windows...: What can I do about this issue? I've tried calling support and I get stuck on where it asks me for the first part of my activation key and no option to talk to an operator. So backstory: - bought and built a new PC with windows 8.1 bought separate around 5 years ago -...
  3. Told PC to do nothing when I plug my droid in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Told PC to do nothing when I plug my droid in: A while back I plugged my Droid into the USB. I told the popup to do nothing when I plugged the phone in. I now want to connect it but can't figure out how. Any Ideas?...
  4. Bought Minecraft to play on PC. Do I need to buy again for XBox?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought Minecraft to play on PC. Do I need to buy again for XBox?: Hello! Can I get Xbox to recognize my Minecraft user name so it knows I have already purchased the game to play on my PC? I downloaded the game a couple years ago. Now I want to play it on Xbox for Windows. Is there a way to connect the two so I don't have to purchase...
  5. printer is not working and I was told that since I upgraded Windows, the computer will not...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer is not working and I was told that since I upgraded Windows, the computer will not...: My Lexmark 5600-6600 will not print since I updated Microsoft. I was told the computer doesn't recognize the printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-is-not-working-and-i-was-told-that-since-i/74e825cb-5efb-4f77-bf87-10bac7a1d5bb
  6. Who/what told my PC to restart?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Who/what told my PC to restart?: My PC just restarted at a suspicious time (dealing with a compromised Amazon account). Can I do something to determine where the last order to restart my PC came from? Like, could it have been Windows restarting for an update (I saw no mention of that)? Can I tell if a hacker...
  7. I've decided to upgrade my graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    I've decided to upgrade my graphics card: It's moot, but if the MB is an Asus Z97-A, then it has a PCI-E 3.0 slot. Yes I know that,,,,,,,lol it's funny how people reply to the last post and not the OP Thanks
  8. Should I upgrade what I have or buy a whole new PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I upgrade what I have or buy a whole new PC?: Hello Should I buy a new PC or upgrade what I have? USE: I use my PC for web design, graphics (Photoshop/Xara etc), some 3D design and general purpose business. I would like a higher resolution monitor (4K??) with reasonably accurate colours for web/graphic design....
  9. Can I upgrade the same pc to windows 10 twice?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I upgrade the same pc to windows 10 twice?: Ok so my pc came with oem windows 7 home on it and when windows 10 was released as the free upgrade i jumped on that bandwagon. I've been using it ever since but I've been longing for windows 10 pro for a while. Microsoft want to charge me £99 for a pro upgrade from the store...
  10. Now that I've upgraded, how would I re-install in future if needed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Now that I've upgraded, how would I re-install in future if needed?: So, I finished upgrading one of my machines from Windows 7 sp1 this morning, and the upgrade went off without a hitch. Very nice! Now my question. What do I do if a year from now I need to reload windows 10. I noted that the product key that was given to me, at least the...