Windows 10: Told to RE BUY the same windows I've previously bought because I upgraded my PC?!!

Discus and support Told to RE BUY the same windows I've previously bought because I upgraded my PC?!! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Is this legit? I upgraded my processor this week and since then I've had the "activate windows" message showing up in the corner. I didn't de-activate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CrayzCrinkle, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Told to RE BUY the same windows I've previously bought because I upgraded my PC?!!

Is this legit? I upgraded my processor this week and since then I've had the "activate windows" message showing up in the corner. I didn't de-activate or transfer the key or whatever before the upgrade. I cant follow the troubleshooting steps to get it reactivated.

I just got off the support session with a online help advisor who connected to my PC and advised me the key I had was no good because it had already been used for activation, and the key couldn't be reused due to it being encrypted or some made up rubbish, and then tried to SELL me another license!

I bought win 10 a good few years ago. I was tempted to get it through illegitimate means, but I PAID for it, with that promise that it was the last version of windows we'd ever need. There was no small print, at the time I did, to state it'd only last until you upgraded your hardware, or your PC broke down. Now I'm pretty much feeling like I've been scammed. Please can someone tell me the support agent was mistaken somehow?

:)

CrayzCrinkle, Mar 14, 2019
  2. Jeryd Win User

Halo Spartan Assault cross buy

I bought it for my surface. I just got a WP. I went to buy it again - it was listed as 4.99 - and and store told me it was free. I suggest you just try and report back.

Jeryd, Mar 14, 2019
  3. magilla Win User
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Slow Build 17025 for PC Insider

@Kari, glad to know your on the way. I’ve used this similar approach before too.

magilla, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Told to RE BUY the same windows I've previously bought because I upgraded my PC?!!

Halo Spartan Assault cross buy

for me it just says to confirm the purchase and still says $4.99

JarredMoyer, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Told to RE BUY the same windows I've previously bought because I upgraded my PC?!!

1. Told to RE BUY the same windows I've previously bought because I upgraded my PC?!! - Similar Threads - Told BUY same

2. Do I need to re-buy a digital Windows 10 license if I upgraded my PC Hardware?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Do I need to re-buy a digital Windows 10 license if I upgraded my PC Hardware?: Hi Folks,Apologies if this has been posted before I definitely think it will have.... I can't figure out how to navigate these forums at all. Little background, many years ago I purchased a physical copy of Windows 7. I was then eligible for the upgrade to Windows 10. PC has...
  3. Do I need to re-buy a digital Windows 10 license if I upgraded my PC Hardware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to re-buy a digital Windows 10 license if I upgraded my PC Hardware?: Hi Folks,Apologies if this has been posted before I definitely think it will have.... I can't figure out how to navigate these forums at all. Little background, many years ago I purchased a physical copy of Windows 7. I was then eligible for the upgrade to Windows 10. PC has...
  4. Do I need to re-buy a digital Windows 10 license if I upgraded my PC Hardware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't Activate Windows 11 because I previously bought Windows 10 and got the upgrade -- How...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Activate Windows 11 because I previously bought Windows 10 and got the upgrade -- How...: I bought Windows 10 for a lot of money -- £189 several years ago. I have this on my MS account, You will see on my purchase history I bought Windows 10 Professional, but the details of this purchase are no longer available maybe they expire after a certain amount of time?...
  6. Can't Activate Windows 11 because I previously bought Windows 10 and got the upgrade -- How...

Can't Activate Windows 11 because I previously bought Windows 10 and got the upgrade -- How...: I bought Windows 10 for a lot of money -- £189 several years ago. I have this on my MS account, You will see on my purchase history I bought Windows 10 Professional, but the details of this purchase are no longer available maybe they expire after a certain amount of time?...
  7. I alrady bought Minecraft but it still told me to buy it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I alrady bought Minecraft but it still told me to buy it: I bought Minecraft bedrock in tablet longtime ago. When I sign in to my microsoft account in laptop and download minecraft luncher it only told me to buy it....
  8. I alrady bought Minecraft but it still told me to buy it

I alrady bought Minecraft but it still told me to buy it: I bought Minecraft bedrock in tablet longtime ago. When I sign in to my microsoft account in laptop and download minecraft luncher it only told me to buy it....
  9. telling me to re-buy Minecraft after I already bought it??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    telling me to re-buy Minecraft after I already bought it??: bought Minecraft java a year ago on a Microsoft account, jus got a new pc and now its telling me to re-buy not only java but MC for windows. ive tried logging out logging in using different emails but nothing is working...
  10. telling me to re-buy Minecraft after I already bought it??

telling me to re-buy Minecraft after I already bought it??: bought Minecraft java a year ago on a Microsoft account, jus got a new pc and now its telling me to re-buy not only java but MC for windows. ive tried logging out logging in using different emails but nothing is working...