Windows 10: Told to turn off proxy and VPN - I don't have them

Discus and support Told to turn off proxy and VPN - I don't have them in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi There A program I downloaded tells me to turn off my proxy and VPN and allow it through the firewall. I don't have proxy or VPN neither does my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NormaBain, Mar 2, 2021.

1. NormaBain Win User

Told to turn off proxy and VPN - I don't have them

Hi There

A program I downloaded tells me to turn off my proxy and VPN and allow it through the firewall.

I don't have proxy or VPN neither does my ISP. I have gone into settings and added the program to allowed through firewall.

I even turned off Windows Defender and Virus protection but the program still tells me to turn off my proxy and VPN.

Any suggestions very welcome!

Thanks,

Norma

:)

NormaBain, Mar 2, 2021
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Mar 3, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Told to turn off proxy and VPN - I don't have them :D

P4-630, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Told to turn off proxy and VPN - I don't have them

Microsoft Edge Only Connects to Website When VPN is Turned On

Thanks for your prompt response, however, none of these suggestions worked. In response to your question, Edge will not connect to any website unless Kaspersky VPN is turned on. All of my Windows 10 updates are current. The glitch with Edge started after
    the latest Windows 10 feature release. I believe this to be a genuine glitch with Edge.

GregoryAshley, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Told to turn off proxy and VPN - I don't have them

1. Told to turn off proxy and VPN - I don't have them - Similar Threads - Told turn off

2. Turn Off Windows Proxy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn Off Windows Proxy: Windows 10 Home Edition.Computer is up-to-date.Simply put, I want the proxy settings permanently turned off and I don't ever want it on again.The proxy interferes with almost every program and website that I use or visit on my computer.I have gone as far as disabling proxy...
  3. Turn Off Windows Proxy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn Off Windows Proxy: Windows 10 Home Edition.Computer is up-to-date.Simply put, I want the proxy settings permanently turned off and I don't ever want it on again.The proxy interferes with almost every program and website that I use or visit on my computer.I have gone as far as disabling proxy...
  4. Turn Off Windows Proxy

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. free proxy VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    free proxy VPN: free proxy VPN - I INSTALLED THIS. CAN YOU TELL ME IF IT WORKS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-proxy-vpn/43480ea1-ce5a-449e-be3a-aa1d6b497d74
  6. Disabling VPN/Proxy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling VPN/Proxy: i need to disable the vpn and proxy of my system, but i've tried all the tutorials and all but it's not working. please advice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-vpnproxy/4d8ea5b3-3d3e-459b-baa5-88ba744a15b9
  7. I am told I have a virus, how to be rid of them.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am told I have a virus, how to be rid of them.: I am told I have a virus, I have MacAfee virus and malware remover, will this get rid of virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-am-told-i-have-a-virus-how-to-be-rid-of-them/7e882141-d615-4570-8367-ae6c0d63987f
  8. Proxy or VPN

Proxy or VPN: when I try to watch amazon prime, it shows that "Your device is connected to the Internet using a VPN or proxy service. Please disable it and try again". while i'm not using any proxy or VPN network. how can I solve this issue?[ATTACH]...
  9. stop proxy turning off automatically?

stop proxy turning off automatically?: How do I stop proxy turning off automatically? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/stop-proxy-turning-off-automatically/ec5fdaf2-1ab4-433f-b4bd-adab24a0ff99
  10. Can't turn off Proxy Settings

Can't turn off Proxy Settings: I am running Windows 10 Home Edition. My ISP provider has suggested I turn off Proxy Server Settings. I have done that, but they always turn themselves back on without my knowledge. There is no place to save the settings, even when set manually. Is there some where to turn...