Windows 10: Tom Wheeler makes history with full-on Net neutrality proposal

Discus and support Tom Wheeler makes history with full-on Net neutrality proposal in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Internet freedom at last! FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler's proposal is for full Title II reclassification for ISPs, defining ISPs as utilities and preventing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Feb 3, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Tom Wheeler makes history with full-on Net neutrality proposal

Source

:)

labeeman, Feb 3, 2015

2. Amazon Device randomly showing up on Network.

good info, but curious, your comment about net neutrality,

what does net neutrality (a regulation governing how ISPs throttle internet speeds) have to do with an unknown device being on your network?

BrianChidichimo, Feb 3, 2015
  3. Smittychat., Feb 3, 2015
  4. Wynona Win User

Very good read, Bee Man! Now if they will stick to their guns, we may get somewhere.

Wynona, Feb 4, 2015
  5. cold iron Win User
    When the government runs anything it is and will be screwed up. Look at the DMV in the Golden State, California, to get into the DMV takes 5 weeks. So after Net neutrality, when you click on a web page then you can go make a cup of coffee and you can sip on it as you wait for the page to load. cool

cold iron, Feb 6, 2015
  6. Geneo Win User
    Landline telephone service was never "screwed up"

Geneo, Feb 6, 2015
  7. groze Win User
    That depends on what state your live in. *Smile My landline bill went up $12.00 since Indiana deregulated it. However, AT&T increase was delayed about 5 years before they could do that and At&t will never be allowed to have local measured service. Pay per local calls or pay per minute for local calls. These restrictions our for landline only. For those that have measured service pay per local call they were allowed to keep it.

groze, Feb 6, 2015
  8. LEE
    Lee Win User

Who's Tom whatever his name is. . ., and no I noy going to use Goggle. . .*Biggrin

9. Winuser Win User
    Mr. and Mrs. Wheelers' son. *chuckle

Winuser, Feb 7, 2015
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    He's the FCC chairman

BunnyJ, Feb 7, 2015
  11. Winuser Win User
    All kidding aside. From the first line of the article. "Internet freedom at last! FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler" . No need to Google. *Smile

Winuser, Feb 7, 2015
  12. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Oh, thanks, brain is in "Sp" mode besides I'm A blonde (really). . .*Biggrin

13. cold iron Win User

Yeah, right, I have a friend that owns a small phone CO. He told me "after the fed's took over I now make 4 times the $$. "

cold iron, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Tom Wheeler makes history with full-on Net neutrality proposal - Similar Threads - Tom Wheeler makes

2. Making sense of .Net in PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making sense of .Net in PowerShell: I am a sysadmin and have used PowerShell on a daily basis for years. I have consistently noticed the injection of a .Net property is always worth a few lines of native cmdlets or unnecessary lines of logic. How do you go about looking up useful .Net resources for the use of...
  3. tom run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tom run: my grandson loves to play tom run, since ive updated my lap top the game comes on but no coins appear. can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tom-run/a7812b47-8228-4e28-9e4b-b0eaffb98bf9
  4. TOM TOM usb connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TOM TOM usb connection: Hi, My Tom Tom GPS will not connect to windows 10 via USB, I have tried every port but nothing happens. What do I do next please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tom-tom-usb-connection/69ba76fa-44ce-4e73-a167-53ec6ea1bf64
  5. File History drive full??!!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File History drive full??!!: Hello, hope somebody clever can help. I've connected to a 2TB external drive to backup my laptop and I'm getting a message saying that the file history drive is full, but I've used up less than 1TB and the initial backup hasn't finished. What can I do? Thanks 40702
  6. Ajit Pai announces plan to eliminate Title II net neutrality rules

in Windows 10 News
    Ajit Pai announces plan to eliminate Title II net neutrality rules: The Federal Communications Commission will vote next month to start the process of reversing the commission's 2015 net neutrality order, FCC Chairman Ajit Pai announced in a speech today. Earlier today, Pai shared with his fellow commissioners a plan to "reverse the...
  7. Net Neutrality: Obama's Plan for a Free and Open Internet

in Windows 10 News
    Net Neutrality: Obama's Plan for a Free and Open Internet: More than any other invention of our time, the Internet has unlocked possibilities we could just barely imagine a generation ago. And here's a big reason we've seen such incredible growth and innovation: Most Internet providers have treated Internet traffic equally. That's a...
  8. FCC approves Net Neutrality rules

in Windows 10 News
    FCC approves Net Neutrality rules: A historic vote took place in Washington, D.C today where the FCC voted to reclassify broadband under Title II which gives the regulatory body authority to impose rules over broadband providers. The new rules are designed to make sure that the Internet remains free of...
  9. When FCC Kills Net Neutrality, Here's What Internet Could Look Like

in Windows 10 News
    When FCC Kills Net Neutrality, Here's What Internet Could Look Like: When The FCC Kills Net Neutrality, Here's What Your Internet Could Look Like The new FCC commission, Ajit Pai, formerly worked as a lawyer for Verizon. His plan to eliminate net neutrality is a bigger gift to Verizon than anything he's ever done before. In just a few...
  10. FCC pushes back against Obama on net neutrality

in Windows 10 News
    FCC pushes back against Obama on net neutrality: In the face of President Obama's call for the FCC to adopt fresh legislation to protect net neutrality, FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler has reminded the leader politely that the agency works for Congress, not the White House. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has found...